A freight forwarder is the liaison between a shipper and a multitude of transportation services. A freight forwarder’s duties include reviewing records of freight carriers, make informed shipping decisions, calculate the weight and volume of product to be transported, recommend shipping solutions, select shipping routes, and minimizing costs of environmental impacts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freight Forwarder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freight Forwarder resumes for your reference.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality during interactions with various companies.
- Conducted legal and government audits, ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- Actively participated in assessing the needs, goals, and objectives of the company as they pertain to business development.
- Managed product flow to meet company goals while following purchasing guidelines.
- Effectively integrated new web-based systems into existing processes and procedures to promote efficiency in shipping activities.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 2
- Performed repackaging of products for international sales.
- Reduced number of employees per week by 2.
- Increased weekly product volume by 10%.
- Collaborated with various departments to accomplish sales goals.
- Completed weekly sales targets in a timely manner as required by contract.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 3
- Worked with customers to ensure proper documentation and packaging of their cargo, including working with the United States Postal Service.
- Achieved college credit for successfully completing the FedEx Ground BOL (Bill of Lading) course. [Course provided by FedEx Ground]
- Participated in a customer service training program that focused on resolving customer questions and complaints at all points of contact.
- Successfully attended the “Supervisor Boot Camp,” which provided hands-on training in time management, effective communication skills, stress management, group dynamics, teamwork skills, and conflict resolution.
- Trained and provided support to new hires through FedEx Ground that included basic shipping terminology, handling procedures, customer service skills, and the proper use of equipment.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 4
- Forwarded and distributed cargo; managed shipping costs.
- Utilized sophisticated technology to track shipments in real-time.
- Created, maintained, and organized a database of over 4,000 customers in Excel to be shared amongst management.
- Achieved excellence award for exceptional customer service.
- Upgraded the company’s computer network to comply with industry standards.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 5
- Assessed freight charges on cargo shipments between the United States and Asia; recognized by the CEO for outstanding efficiency.
- Achieved award for developing Excel formula whereby shipping costs could be automatically calculated with a push of a button.
- Wrote manual for new hires that comprehensively covered instructing employees to maintain proper codes during shipping; helped to reduce insurance claim costs by $40,000 annually.
- Received commendation from the Vice President of Sales; made major sales presentations at trade shows to potential suppliers and clients.
- Continued trend of major growth in order volume; gained regional promotion to Area Manager due to consistent performance and leadership growth potential.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 6
- Successfully fulfilled appointments, and booked travel arrangements to meet the demands of my job.
- Received appreciation from crew members for providing assistance with a high volume of freight records; accurately tracked cargo and items associated with the shipment.
- Improved record-keeping systems in order to increase efficiency and accuracy; maintained files, labels, and documentation that supported the daily operations of the company.
- Improved document organization techniques by categorizing files by the department; properly tracked and filed records using Excel spreadsheets.
- Accomplished job by meeting deadlines for handling high-value shipments; established good relationships with customers through courteous customer service.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 7
- Served as temporary general freight forwarder for a major global company.
- General freight forwarder made sales contracts with various other companies by using load boards, common vehicle lots, and supply boards.
- Streamlined operations to achieve lower costs per mile.
- Won awards for the highest number of sales, best revenue, and lowest cost per mile in the region.
- Received outstanding quality award; accurately calculated the cost of goods sold by vehicle type, aisle location, total mileage or kilometers traveled, and unit costs for each item.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 8
- Effectively managed and coordinated freight issues.
- Resolved payroll issues by providing accurate information to the correct person (e.g. paychecks, taxes).
- Supervised a group of 20+ employees to effectively identify business opportunities and locate appropriate suppliers to achieve cost savings while maintaining quality standards and customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award; successfully tracked down and resolved issues with suppliers relating to delayed shipments, order corrections, and product recalls.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 9
- Compiled information regarding inbound and outbound shipments for billing purposes.
- Revised bills of lading; inspected commercial invoices and watched for discrepancies that could have an impact on freight charges.
- Discovered errors in shipping orders and mastered processes related to filing complaints with outside agencies.
- Achieved record of 99.9% dropout rate; ensured shipment is picked up on time, arrived at the specified location, and delivered on time. Received Outstanding Quality Award three times during last five years.
- Provided over 75% customer satisfaction based on caller surveys to clients inquiring about delivery status or package delivery problems they encountered.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 10
- Successfully led freight team in the absence of a lead supervisor, delivering a cost-effective solution to a client’s needs.
- Took ownership of process improvement efforts and increased first time ship rates from 2% to 18%; embraced continuous improvement philosophy and contributed to 38% overall production increase.
- Led team in developing a new process for analyzing shipping costs that resulted in significant savings for the company.
- Developed strong internal and external relationships that resulted in significant increases in sales opportunities and retention; identified opportunities for back-office savings with speed, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Implemented company-wide policies and procedures to streamline freight operations; successfully expanded existing business relations with fleet management, truckload brokers, and carriers.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 11
- Responsible for assessing and resolving customer complaints.
- Performed statistical analysis of data; developed critical fact-finding skills.
- Implemented computerized tracking system in compliance with law, FMCSA guidelines, and shipping standards.
- Achieved awards in the areas of customer service, quality, and efficiency.
- Participated as an early adopter in implementing an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) System to electronically process freight documents with the exception of lading documents.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 12
- Reduced freight costs by implementing a multi-modal transportation management system that enabled clients to save money.
- Negotiated rates at a savings of 40%.
- Increased e-consignments, resulting in increased sales and margin per transaction.
- Received award for outstanding performance; effectively met customer demands within required time deadlines without fail, making 4 to 5 times the average airfreight monthly for our client.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from customers who had applied for a freight service offered by our company.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 13
- Achieved 100% accuracy rate in the scanning of incoming and outgoing documents using Bar Code systems.
- Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cost center budgets.
- Accurately calculated transportation costs, tariffs, duties, and surcharges.
- Successfully promoted a new product for the company (PhotoDoc).
- Successfully promoted a new product for the company (R+V Gear)
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 14
- Obtained bids from freight providers to provide and manage services for a corporation.
- Achieved exceptional productivity by managing the daily workflow of a small company.
- Identified ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency within the company and locate new transportation sources.
- Maintained accurate documentation of material pick-up/delivery activity.
- Successfully completed a project plan that reduced labor costs on 7,000 hours of logistic services while meeting customer satisfaction standards and profitability goals.
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 15
- Resolved export issues in a timely manner, meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Informed customers of delivery delays and arranged for expedited shipments to meet demanding deadlines.
- Maintained relationships with all clients, enabling the company to continue to grow dynamically.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; maintained accreditation with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) by ensuring compliance with all FAA regulations on export of aircraft parts.
- Attended courses sponsored by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and earned certification as a Freight Forwarder Advanced Professional (FAP).
Freight Forwarder Resume Sample 16
- Provided thorough quality control measures, ensuring that all of my shipments were delivered intact and on time.
- Personally inspected freight at ports to ensure optimal efficiency in loading and unloading.
- Trained new hires on all aspects of the job; recognized for effective performance as a Supervisor.
- Devised innovative strategies that optimized the utilization of space to transport more merchandise
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; delivered products on time, handled customer concerns satisfactorily.
To become a freight forwarder, a FMCSA license is required. A freight forwarder must have excellent logistics skills, must be an excellent communicator, must be analytical, must have excellent organizational skills, must have excellent managerial skills, and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.