An Av technician records and amplifies sounds during live events. An Av technician’s responsibilities include operating equipment, maintenance of equipment, recording live events, establishing technical support, managing inventories, and ordering equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Av Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Av Technician resumes for your reference.
AV Technician Resume Sample 1
- Aided in the production of a feature-length movie that has won over 30 awards both nationally and internationally.
- Directed live television broadcasts for major sporting events including Wimbledon, Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open, World Cup Tennis Final, European Football Championship Semi-finals and Finals.
- Implemented new technologies after developing AV systems from the ground up for international conventions including 500+ speakers per day at an international petroleum convention in China.
- Bestowed knowledge on interns with respect to show work ethic and managing complex schedules during two seasons of theatre management internship program.
- Trained contract security officers in best practices between guarding equipment and securing venues during the 2012 Olympic Games.
AV Technician Resume Sample 2
- Successfully identified, trained and supervised a team of 4-6 specialists in complex technical knowledge, interpersonal communication skills, detail orientation, and creative problem solving abilities.
- Saved company $30K in 2011 by troubleshooting a defective DLP which had been replaced under warranty with an “illegal” refurbished unit.
- Forecasted growth in digital signage by rewiring the main room to accommodate new sound technology being integrated into client presentation system.
- Created sophisticated lighting effects for client’s multimedia presentation; received compliments from client on professionalism of show.
- Designed indoor/outdoor audio/visual solutions for wedding clients; coordinated professional equipment rental vendors to provide superior services at reasonable rates.
AV Technician Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of audio, visual recording equipment and editing software.
- Provided technical support for training videos, live presentations, and video teleconferencing.
- Assisted in the distribution of a weekly television program via satellite that reached an international audience totaling over 100 million viewers.
- Built relationships with media leaders to improve station awareness and promote station programming.
- Saved thousands of dollars by implementing creative solutions to preventative AV equipment failures before they became costly repairs or replacements.
AV Technician Resume Sample 4
- Installed and programmed audio visual equipment to ensure presentation quality; set up overhead projectors, monitors, speakers, digital video cameras; wired cable box connection to hotel TV system.
- Serviced all video playback devices after each use with professional-quality cleaning materials. Maintained accurate records of inventory and equipment service history.
- Provided technical support for over 30 seminars attended by 3,500+ participants in six states using mobile command center unit equipped with laptops, flat screen displays, 40? teleprompter monitor, DVD player/burner, external hard drive recorder.
- Optimized AV multimedia authoring lab demonstration environment by overclocking computer processors to extend the duration between hardware replacements; increased lab uptime by 32%.
- Developed complex projects within tight deadlines, with little to no budgetary restrictions. Skilled in the application of formal project management principals, from inception to completion.
AV Technician Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly in order to keep up with rapid changes in video production.
- Increased annual income by $30,000 through consistent effort towards business development and outbound marketing.
- Pioneered technical support for all Apple devices during a period of one year when the demand increased fivefold.
- Delivered training and information via high-quality video footage at six different sites within a two-day timeframe.
- Wrote, directed, produced, and distributed 300 film titles that received ten national awards; additionally created over 40 original scripts for television series. Fostered goodwill between public schools and private schools through education initiatives such as children’s summer camps.
AV Technician Resume Sample 6
- Installed and configured computers, printers, and monitor systems in an elementary school.
- Ensured that all equipment was operational and maintained productivity of students by troubleshooting malfunctions in operating systems and software applications.
- Managed the design, building, and installation of multiple computer labs in a school system in accordance with budget guidelines and deadline requirements.
- Selected for “Team of Distinction,” which is awarded to select individuals who display unselfish commitment to teamwork at work; went on trip with 30 members from company to Australia for three weeks.
- Trained new hires on customer service techniques such as phone etiquette, documentation protocols, communication style preferences, common issues resolutions practices, and confidentiality policies.
AV Technician Resume Sample 7
- Transferred video cassette recordings from videotape to DVD once a week.
- Developed content for web-based training modules and created custom DVDs for individual clients as well as small groups.
- Provided technical support to graphic design team by transferring images, creating presentations, and developing multimedia effects.
- Organized events which drew over 3500 people including celebrities, diplomats, politicians, musicians and local opinion leaders at the George W. Bush Presidential Center Dedication Gala Event in Dallas.
- Partnered with global non-profit organization during annual conference in Bangalore India; developed media that reached more than 40 million people worldwide through live streaming of educational workshops on child trafficking prevention.
AV Technician Resume Sample 8
- Wrote and edited technical reference manuals for ten instructional videos on customer care and equipment maintenance.
- Completed video production project under budget and ahead of schedule; recognized by supervisor as having exceeded expectations for meeting all requirements.
- Helped formulate company-wide disaster recovery plan during crisis management exercises.
- Introduced new methodologies resulting in higher quality, more effective training programs that reduced tuition expenses by $35 thousand annually through increased productivity and efficiency.
- Awarded Employee of the Year after saving the organization $50 thousand over a three year period through energy conservation efforts upgraded lighting throughout building to cut power usage 30%.
AV Technician Resume Sample 9
- Supported, developed, and integrated workflow systems with PantherMediaNetwork.com clients during preparation for webcast productions of professional business conference sessions.
- Developed studio lighting resources in coordination with the media production department to meet high volume demands for recording many television shows per day.
- Actively discuss complex issues about video compression formats, database design, digital rights management, and emerging multimedia technologies at industry conferences.
- Wrote weekly blog article on Linux topics which averaged over 10+ views per week; recognized by company executives who promoted me to be the new Community Manager for their largest online community website project.
- Transformed my ideas into reality when I was responsible for planning out how each show video would be recorded, encoded, and uploaded to our servers; received great company praise.
AV Technician Resume Sample 10
- Wired, installed, and maintained an entire digital video distribution system throughout our six building campus to enable people to see live programming on any television or computer in the school.
- Reconstructed networks multiple times without complaint despite being overworked due to unexpected staff departures.
- Assisted with set up for national broadcast of Homecoming game by Fox Sports South which reached 1.2 million homes across Georgia’s viewing area.
- Successfully implemented a new mobile media content management system highlighting instant access for field reporters’ news segments.
- Provided exceptional service during unprecedented growth spurt by laying out standard operating procedures to handle increased production demands.
To become an Av technician, a high school degree is typically required, or prior experience working in live events. However, many companies prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a related field. An Av technician must be attentive, must be patient, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent time management skills, must be computer proficient, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and must have excellent organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.