Commercial Photographers take photos of products and experiences for use in marketing and advertising campaigns. Their duties include making correct use of lights, cameras, and sets, shooting a wide variety of angles, editing photos, delivering photos to clients within a reasonable timeframe, traveling to shoots, and collaborating with clients to ensure requirements are met.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Photographer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Photographer resumes for your reference.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 1
- Performed duties as assistant to an award-winning photographer, quickly learning techniques and processes required to create one-of-a-kind photography.
- Received commendation for business card design and editing skills.
- Experienced success in producing marketing material for businesses including brochures, flyers, and catalogs.
- Earned respect for ability to design custom letterhead and business cards.
- Recognized for ability to produce quality photographs from a photo shoot with a small digital camera within a short timeframe.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 2
- Consistently ranked first out of a team of 9 photographers for exceeding client satisfaction in product photography.
- Recognized by art director for enabling an annual production cost reduction of $11,000 through the quick and accurate digitization of images.
- Promoted to Art Director; oversaw a team of 10 photographers while developing the weekly schedule of photo shoots.
- Earned award for producing over 200 new stock image files within 4 weeks; enabled the company to capture $5,000 in revenue.
- Finalist award in 2005 National Portfolio Competition, judged by representatives representing professional photography organizations and industry leaders; recognized for creative thinking and exceptional photographing skill.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 3
- Created and sold a line of greeting cards to major retail locations.
- Produced promotional materials for client companies including computer software and air fresheners.
- Served as a full-time resident assistant at an all-girls residence hall.
- Created and sold art pieces in major galleries throughout the country, including Koppel Gallery (San Francisco), Cooley Gallery (San Francisco), Soho Arts (New York), and Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions.
- Recognized by the International Photography Hall of Fame for excellence in creative expression through photography.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 4
- Sought out new opportunities, or improved existing relationships, to increase the variety of projects.
- Captured client stories to help sell their business.
- Established dialogue with clients to develop a cohesive brand for their company.
- Presented concepts for photo shoots and marketing campaigns in informative, professional ways that clients had never seen before.
- Found creative ways to present photos as art in high-end designer frames.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 5
- Successfully sold commercial photography services to clients who provided illustrations and images for brochures, business cards, stationery, and other print products.
- Completed a feasibility study of a home-based business; priced equipment and prepared a budget for the initial period.
- Continued to work on initial work after being released from prison for felony drug possession and distribution.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from customers who had applied for photography services.
- Failure to pay photographer’s and supplier’s invoices cost the client over $5,000.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 6
- Successfully completed a project for the company in a timely manner.
- Received the most creative award for a photograph submitted to the project.
- Received the best group of photographs from all group members.
- Designed and developed a brand-new gallery system; set up and ran an e-commerce site to sell photo prints, greeting cards, t-shirts and other related items.
- Promoted agency through local marketing efforts, television commercials and print media advertising.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 7
- Enhanced company’s marketing campaigns through innovative use of stock photography–resulted in high visibility, increased customer engagement, and a high conversion rate.
- Established presence on social media sites; developed and refined Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts for business promotion–business has a growing online presence.
- Created custom logos for clients; contributed logo designs to existing businesses (which are still being used).
- Achieved recognition as the top photographer from the association of professional photographers; consistently achieved a 100% customer satisfaction rating.
- Developed relationships with clients resulting in sales leads from referrals from existing clientele; sales lead volume doubled over time.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 8
- Produced professional photographs for the exhibits of three art galleries.
- Authored a book of photographic art depicting 5 cultural districts in the city; sold over 900 copies within 3 months.
- Developed and edited promotional videos for an international film festival in downtown Atlanta, GA.
- Directed and skillfully photographed a documentary video of an annual social gathering by students from a historically black college in Georgia; showcased over 200 young professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Held major photographic exhibition at the main library in Athens, Georgia; presented over 100 photographs covering life on campus at a major regional university.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 9
- JPEG image size optimized for web.
- Met with commissioner and principal of Brooklyn school to give feedback regarding the annual high school photography exhibit.
- Implemented new digital workflow for managing photos at job sites (e.g., Central Park Conservancy, Riverside Church); eliminated the need for labeling and sorting thousands of photos.
- Performed research on current professional standards and practices in commercial photography; identified areas requiring updating based on my observations in the field while working as a freelancer between jobs.
- Created photographic essay on the homeless in New York City; featured in numerous publications including “The New York Times Magazine”.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 10
- Awarded the highest ranking in artistic merit; respected for my artistic photography.
- Conveyed a positive impression by contributing to the Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce brochure; received award for creative marketing.
- Complemented the book jacket for “A Distinctive Fortune” by Lillie Rubin; recognized as an expert in graphic arts design.
- Demonstrated expertise in realism and creativity with my photograph, “By The River”; gained attention from executive officers at Virginia Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Acknowledged as a hero of Earth Day with photograph, “The Last Leaf”; recognized by Environmental Action Council for outstanding contribution to environmental awareness.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 11
- Worked with numerous clients and presented images in many settings to achieve the desired look & feel for each of my photographs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a variety of photographic equipment.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of creative strategies that resulted in successful sales.
- Demonstrated skillset in transitions, lighting, and color enhancement that resulted in numerous sales opportunities for my work.
- Received rave reviews for my work for several past clients; demonstrated the ability to work with a variety of personalities and present them in the best light.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 12
- Achieved highest assessed value of 12% in the region I served.
- Received award for innovative use of photography as a means to document the changing world of art, culture, and design.
- Successfully completed assignment for client on time and within budget.
- Achieved award for outstanding creative work; successfully developed creative concept through research, sketching, design development and presentation.
- Received award for originality; consistently demonstrated creative flair by inventing new ideas that stimulated positive responses from clients and audience.
Commercial Photographer Resume Sample 13
- Created a logo for the National Coffee Association; designed and produced national ad campaign for new product line.
- Developed layout for company’s annual report and other collateral documents, including internal special interest print items.
- Directed photography for annual gala events, product launch, and other marketing-related departments.
- Coordinated photography efforts with web design team in establishing web presence; redesigned company website to include more dynamic content.
- Developed rebranding and repositioning campaign based on market research to promote new services and increase sales; achieved top sales results of year by capturing consumer attention through compelling visual imagery.
To be a Commercial Photographer, you need at least a year of photography experience as well as a portfolio. Desired skills include schedule flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, ability to collaborate well with others, knowledge of photo composition, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.