Product development managers are responsible for recommending, creating, and developing effective products. Their duties include competitive research, monitoring of product performance, creating product release schedules, managing cross-functional teams, developing product road maps, and laying out product bill of materials (BOM).
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Product Development Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Product Development Manager resumes for your reference.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 1
- Improved efficiency and quality of the production process by redesigning an assembly line; relocated machine, formed a new department to align with the customer’s needs, and expanded assembly capabilities.
- Formed relationships between disparate groups and departments to enhance communication about product development.
- Sold a product concept to senior management by leveraging two prior complementary projects that were initiated under my supervision; developed a business plan for prototype development, market surveys, financial analysis, and distribution planning.
- Obtained approval for business plan for prototype development; reintroduced maturing technology into the marketplace via introduction of a domestic manufacturing process to compete with foreign sources of supply.
- Reestablished the company’s presence in domestic markets by expanding distribution channels outside of existing territories.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 2
- Researched and planned the development of new product lines in order to maintain company merchandising strategies.
- Trained staff in simple automated tasks so that resources could be directed to design, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Executed idea flow diagrams, production schedules, and material requisition forms for each project.
- Increased quality awareness by delivering presentations to new employees about the use of statistical process control for production monitoring.
- Planned and organized workload development schedule for all employees.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 3
- Launched a new product line; created and produced a prototype that was ready for production within 2 weeks to meet critical deadlines.
- Improved time needed to bring products to the market by 20% while maintaining high quality standards.
- Multiprocessed work orders by 25% with limited loss in throughput while lowering labor costs.
- Effectively managed and trained five employees, including three recent hires, without supervision or resources.
- Created and implemented new design protocols that increased total throughput by 150% within 3 months as a result of streamlined material handling procedures and better employee utilization.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 4
- Participated in the complete implementation of a new cathode ray tube line, including design, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Developed innovative techniques for maximizing productivity and enhancing process control.
- Managed customer applications and internal processes to ensure immediate response to customer needs.
- Received notification for successfully completing two executive development programs that were unavailable for online completion due to business requirements.
- Received excellence award for quality feedback and customer satisfaction; provided substantial improvement in the process efficiency of manufacturing procedures.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed a team of engineers, designers, and quality control personnel to develop a new product which included the use of novel materials such as polyurethane and polyester resins.
- Served as an intern manager in the engineering department while supervising a group of five interns who were responsible for hardware and software design, quality control testing, troubleshooting systems problems, and developing documentation.
- Established a new benchmark for production efficiency by achieving three time reduction in the time required to produce models with complex features via CAD work combined with feedback from end-users.
- Expanded the engineering department by recruiting graduate students from local universities.
- Maintained an 85% stock-on-hand inventory ratio, achieving a 10% increase in sales in the first quarter after opening a second manufacturing location.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 6
- Developed special equipment used for quality control in the manufacturing of devices for cardiac testing which produced greater accuracy and reliability.
- Led a team of engineers in development of a proprietary software program used by distributors, vendors, end-users, and the company’s own sales department.
- Individualized the manufacturing process to maximize safety and efficiency through implementation of lean concepts; reduced defects by 66%.
- Discovered a new method of assembling products reducing costs while increasing profits.
- Suggested innovative approach to improve quality and efficiency resulting in superior performance and enhanced customer relations.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed needs, market forces, and visions of more than 10 major business entities to develop product strategies and sales forecasts.
- Performed due diligence to ensure that company operations were cost-effective; implemented quality control procedures and standards.
- Attracted several new international clients who paid contract services in cash and in advance; negotiated payments of $220,000.
- Expedited production schedules within one week for two new products for a client manufacturing business in the electronics industry.
- Implemented modifications to existing products for improved quality and profit margins by constructing custom tooling and machinery.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 8
- Directed product development by research, market analysis, consumer feedback, and trend forecasting.
- Tracked up to $17.5M in revenue by following the product development process of problem-solving and decision making.
- Increased the company’s sales in the retail sector by 40%.
- Wrote and presented a ten-page report concerning trends and consumer response to new product lines. The report was eventually adopted as the official marketing plan for that year’s new product offerings.
- Received awards for outstanding performance; best new-product manager when presented with a top award for new products based on annual sales results.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented product modifications resulting in a design patent for the Model 1000 Watchman.
- Helped develop 65 new products and received citations for three plant safety awards with no OSHA recordable injuries.
- Designed new, more effective workflow processes that had a positive impact on quality, cost, and scheduling.
- Created visual displays that helped achieve productivity and morale increases at annual Team Building events.
- Managed and directed efforts to improve the quality of life for employees suffering from injured or ill family members.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 10
- Successfully supervised and managed twelve team members in the development of a new beverage.
- Prepared product recipe and pricing strategy for new product by researching trends, market analysis, and competitors’ activities.
- Coach and mentor team members to solve problems with creativity; performed similar roles for the management of marketing (advertising), manufacturing, distribution, support services, and sales departments.
- Developed firm’s corporate strategy by developing a three-year plan for the business unit.
- ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE TEAM IN 30 MONTHS- Sales increased 35%, versus industry growth of 15%. Earned profit exceeded $1 million in 2002.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 11
- Expanded product line offerings and launched a number of products; successfully developed a new performance fabric using state-of-the-art technology for expanded product line offering.
- Created new market penetration strategy; created and launched the first IIEK (Increase Interpersonal Awareness in Everyone) design that was both functional and fashionable.
- Demonstrated innovative marketing concepts; leveraged the skills, knowledge, and talents of those around me to make production decisions, develop pricing strategies, improve sales goals, and make company’s name consistently known in the marketplace.
- Achieved outstanding performance award by exceeding budgeted goals.
- Recognized by Production Manager for outstanding work in leading team performance; led team of twenty-three to meet production goals while encountering equipment breakdowns, time constraints, and other obstacles.
Product Development Manager Resume Sample 12
- Implemented prototype digital conversion systems for a leading brand of high-end digital cameras.
- Sold digital conversion systems to SVP of Marketing at Canon who requested my company be their sole source.
- Introduced an entirely new product line to the market. The product line has since been added to the standard product line and is available in hundreds of stores around the world.
- Devised a combined system that expedited and streamlined the production process, reduced manufacturing costs, and improved quality control by 50%.
- Developed product for emerging markets that generated sales target of $8 million within the first year, and has continued to grow at a steady rate.
To be a product development manager you must have a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or a related field. Product development managers must demonstrate deadline management, excellent communication skills, multitasking, survey creation capability, the ability to utilize customer feedback, experience managing projects, and negotiation talent.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.