A Payroll Analyst is responsible for ensuring employees are paid the correct wage and on time according to legal requirements. Their duties include investigating and correcting potential issues with payment, maintaining employee confidentiality, ensuring the payroll department is following proper regulations and guidelines, evaluating the performance of time tracking and data collecting systems, running audit reports to ensure the accuracy of payroll processing and developing a positive relationship with Human Resource professionals.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Payroll Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Payroll Analyst resumes for your reference.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Identified and reported to management an error in calculation of state unemployment tax, resulting in a $4,000 savings.
- Acted as main contact for outside auditors working on internal control reviews; responsible for scheduling responses to auditor’s requests.
- Authored the company’s first comprehensive payroll policy manual that consisted of over 100 pages detailing all federal, state, local laws & regulations.
- Spearheaded after-hours pay deposit process by developing automated batch file processing using scripting language QuickBasic with help from owner/president.
- Assisted controller in development of time sheets for employees who work at home, increasing accuracy and integrity in reporting hours.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Utilized Oracle and PeopleSoft software to efficiently create, analyze, process, and mail over 3000 paychecks weekly.
- Compiled data on a daily basis for monthly financial report; received an award from management for high productivity.
- Provided timely response to employee payroll inquiries via phone, email or in person inquiries from employees regarding their personal information within the company’s HR system.
- Identified discrepancies between district data and general ledger data through analysis of reports generated by GL editors; identified reasons causing errors.
- Drastically reduced time required to perform month end close by adopting a series of macros that automated a number of repetitive tasks across databases.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Implemented a payroll training program for all new employees. Developed the Employee Handbook by adding, revising and updating benefits information.
- Improved policy compliance with internal controls within the payroll department by ensuring that policies are followed in processing employee time sheets, including adhering to USPS requirements for First Class Mail mailing of direct deposit forms.
- Increased productivity by researching new payroll vendor options and ultimately saving company over $5,000 annually on bank fees.
- Prepared a matrix that demonstrated cost savings associate with outsourcing payroll processing while maintaining current level of service from federal vendors.
- Recognized as one of three top Payroll Analysts in North America while working for a global company headquartered in the U.S.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Managed all aspects of a team which was responsible for the development, implementation and weekly production of payrolls.
- Recognized as a certified professional in human resources (PHR).
- Led the department to an award for accuracy and timeliness by producing error-free payrolls.
- Received quality award; increased productivity, decreased turnaround time, and addressed employee issues with timely action plans.
- Achieved award for excellence in financial reporting; consistently produced all required reports on schedule while adhering to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes–Oxley Section 404 requirements.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Reconciled errors for over 400 employees accounts to ensure proper calculation of W-2s and 1099s.
- Resolved issues related to the new automated system, including training department personnel.
- Identified software program issue preventing timely generation of reports; identified several process improvements that increased productivity within the department.
- Developed new employee hire checklist, reducing number of errors by 60% during processing cycle.
- Received company’s monthly Employee Appreciation Award for high accuracy rates in all pay items processed on time each month.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Achieved computerized processing of complete payroll information; resolved complex data issues and discovered new ways to improve efficiency.
- Received record of the most paid employees in one month with the lowest rate of errors, increasing client confidence and overall production.
- Earned prestigious organization-wide recognition for superior quality service as lead analyst on complex international payroll project.
- Improved compliance and accuracy for complete federal and state tax withholding process by developing automated system integration between two different companies’ payroll processes.
- Realized savings up to $125,000 annually during four years as a team member on payroll analysis unit; initiated cost avoidance projects to resolve outstanding issues with limited additional expense or timeframes.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in the resolution of complicated payroll discrepancies by proactive approach to resolve work order issues.
- Overhauled company’s method for entering voucher entry information, improving auditability and providing faster access to data with better accuracy.
- Identified weaknesses in current process flow, resulting in increased productivity within finance team.
- Managed employees across multiple divisions when necessary to coordinate actions and ensure effective communication between teams.
- Educated new supervisors on application of policies regarding timekeeping/attendance tracking system, increasing efficiency of managers’ day-to-day responsibilities.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Calculated, prepared, and administered over $200 million of annual payroll.
- Revised computer program for new State & Federal tax tables; reduced manual calculations to 0.002% (saving company over $80,000).
- Reconciled 1,000+ bank accounts for subsidiaries overseas; protected company assets totaling $10 million.
- Prepared 1-on-1 training sessions regarding the new system’s operation for six regional offices’ staff members.
- Presented quality checks to management resulting in $876,000 savings over three years.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Enhanced the payroll process by updating and creating new policies and procedures manuals, end-of-year 1099 statements, and new hire forms.
- Reported to management on all open items within accounting cycle; recognized for outstanding performance; earned award.
- Achieved percent complete of over 100% in analysis of data pertaining to accounts payable; earned appreciation from department managers.
- Represented company at local job fair where I distributed information about the company and answered questions about the position. Highlighted work experience as a Payroll Analyst with an emphasis on my preparation skills that were needed for successful hiring outcome.
- Resolved problems quickly and independently by maintaining strong communication with managers, co-workers, and employees.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Developed standard operating procedures for monthly, quarterly and annual pay. Reduced time to perform accounts management functions by 80%.
- Manage the complete cycle of payroll from its planning through its implementation in order to meet current business objectives.
- Identified means for improving productivity and customer service while reducing labor costs by 20%.
- Improved communication between various departments involved with payroll activities including finance, accounting, benefits management and human resources.
- Assisted the Chief Financial Officer in strategic planning during fiscal crisis resulting in a 10% overall reduction in spending within six months.
Payroll Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Implemented changes in company’s payroll system to meet New Jersey State Wage Payment Laws.
- Adjusted records for sick-time accruals.
- Prepared, filed, and tracked all New York State Unemployment Insurance claims.
- Supported the year-end close by preparing journal entries, correcting account balances, and reconciling T-accounts.
- Gutted proof of claim documents in order to expedite insurance claim payments promptly even while under high volumes of transcription work load.
To work as a Payroll Analyst you must possess a Bachelor’s degree. To be successful as a Payroll Analyst you must be familiar with time tracking systems, think strategically, have excellent organizational skills, possess basic accounting knowledge, work well in teams, have strong customer service skills and be able to adapt to change.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.