Travel Assistants advise clients on their destinations and make arrangements for transportation, accommodations, car rentals and tours. Their duties include researching travel plans, selling travel plans, booking holidays, helping customers find the best flights, helping customers find accommodation and tours, advising customers about visas, immunizations and passports.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Travel Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Travel Assistant resumes for your reference.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Offered assistance in scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and arranging meetings with clients.
- Scheduled meetings for associates.
- Escorted clients to locations where they had requested to obtain service.
- Assisted with announcements for client group meetings at hotels/retreats followed by transportation to events where needed.
- Closed the sale of a client’s property by assisting with the group’s tour through the area.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Made arrangements for travel of guests, residents, residents, and family members.
- Responsible for travel itinerary preparation for guest of honor.
- Assisted in the development of communications system among venues.
- Maintained contact lists with all lodging options in order to facilitate reservations at the most appropriate locations.
- Delivered information on airport status, security locations, taxi service locations, and rental car companies to all guests upon arrival.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in the coordination and management of a large event for thirteen days in various cities and countries.
- Scouted, booked, and managed an international travel itinerary through twelve airports and six countries.
- Prepared budgets, organized travel documents, managed all hotel reservations, visa applications, and other logistics around the contract.
- Maintained successful relationships between staff members from different nations throughout the duration of the trip.
- Enriched personal relationships with contractors by sharing cultural experiences while volunteering in orphanages throughout Romania.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed and received training for:
- Interpreting/translating (30 languages) for tourism and travel business.
- Assisting in operations of a VIP room service; thoroughly understood and adhered to bank policies regarding client retention, client satisfaction, and client expectations.
- Maintained outside sales staff with the motivation to expand the hotel’s quality guest experience.
- Optimized interdepartmental record keeping system from data entry to adjustive functions.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Supported and assisted the manager of a five-star hotel during the annual Resort Week with over 7,000 guests throughout the week. Coordinated room and meal reservations, transportation, and phone calls.
- Researched and obtained information about the city and nearby area by advertising and conducting interviews to establish air charter services.
- Organized all equipment for vacations to Mexico, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Panama Canal Zone sponsored by agency clients.
- Promoted overall company image by writing informative brochures about company’s upcoming events such as golf tournaments.
- Maintained personal fitness levels while occasionally climbing mountains, kayaking, and zip-lining.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Practiced outstanding foreign language skills, which resulted in customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Actively provided guests with information to make their stay more enjoyable; recognized for excellent work by the Manager.
- Contributed to teams delivering the best possible service; promoted to Team Leader.
- Developed outstanding work habits that were acknowledged by peers and management; recommended for promotion by the General Manager.
- Preserved company standards during periods of intense business; awarded “Employee of the Month” certificate based on excellent service, cleanliness, organization, efficiency, and teamwork.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Trained and supervised the staff in carrying out all phases of the business, such as identifying and analyzing competitive factors, developing and implementing marketing strategies, scheduling events, managing budgets.
- Worked closely with client to establish budget range for hotel stay.
- Worked within budget to create face value estimates by utilizing the estimation SHEED system.
- Maintained daily hotel housekeeping records including room service receipts, room service turn over sheets, cash register transmittals, all pertinent guest information including notes to be written by guest upon departure.
- Participated in weekly management meetings with client, site manager/directors, special guests etc.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Booked travel reservations for eight executives of a $113 million e-commerce company.
- Organized and maintained plans for fifteen international trips.
- Prepared requests for emergency travel assistance due to hurricane damage in New Orleans.
- Led the charge in obtaining the best deals on travel packages, lodging, and car rentals through investigation of local available deals at different locations.
- Hired, trained, and supervised new employees to coordinate their responsibilities with my own; supervised additional employees during vacation periods.
Travel Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Coordinated with public relations team to successfully launch a new resort event. Coordinated lodging, transportation, and services for hotel guest arrivals and departures related to the event.
- Assisted in preparation of detailed itinerary guidelines, including travel instructions for guests from all nations.
- Prepared travel plans to insure that guests from over twenty nations were met with personalized care and attention throughout their stay at the resort.
- Resolved a community crisis caused by a regional firestorm by coordinating assistance from multiple international relief agencies in support of guests requiring medical treatment whose homes had been destroyed in the fire.
- Effectively promoted the resort to over 15,000 hotel guests during their stay.
To work as a Travel Assistant you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Travel Assistants must have great organizational skills, have great communication skills, have great interpersonal skills, have basic knowledge about world history and world geography, be willing to travel if the job requires them to, have great management skills, be knowledgeable in surfing the web for information, be able to work under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.