A recreation manager implements programs for recreational purposes. Duties include recruiting staff, training staff, overseeing staff, leading activities, creating activity schedules, reserving facilities, and providing customer service.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Recreation Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Recreation Manager resumes for your reference.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 1
- Planned, developed, and implemented a wide variety of arts and crafts activities for people of all ages.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with a variety of creative mediums, including but not limited to painting, drawing, sculpting, ceramics, and textiles.
- Specialized in leading workshops and classes on a variety of topics related to the arts and creativity.
- Received numerous accolades from participants for providing an enjoyable and stimulating arts program.
- Appeared multiple times on the cover of the local newspaper for artistic contributions to community life.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 2
- Successfully managed and operated a wide variety of recreation programs and activities for all ages, interests, and abilities.
- Demonstrated creativity and leadership in program development; received acclaim from clients and staff alike.
- Liaised with community partners to identify opportunities for collaborative programming; contributed significantly to the growth of the organization.
- Actively engaged with participants to ensure a fun, safe, and welcoming environment; received numerous compliments on exceptional customer service.
- Collaborated with internal and external partners to improve organizational capacity, financial stability, and program quality.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 3
- Oversee weekly events, ranging from 5K runs to annual festivals.
- Developed a new event that has been successfully implemented in two consecutive years.
- Invented a production model that has greatly improved our ability to measure and project savings for future events.
- Recognized publicly for excellence in the arts by being named an “Artist of Distinction.”
- Provided leadership during a challenging period in which my department cut its workforce by 50% while maintaining the highest level of service to park visitors.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 4
- Supervised the daily operations of a large recreation complex including an indoor aquatic center, an outdoor aquatic park, two family entertainment centers, and a golf course.
- Liaised with local governmental agencies to promote public events beneficial for the community.
- Created sustainable long-term marketing strategies ranging from brochure creation to social media outreach.
- Developed innovative programming ideas for public markets; gained funding through grant writing efforts.
- Implemented new running programs at both facilities using my background in health/fitness while building rapport with internal and external customers.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 5
- Created new customers and revenue streams for non-profit agency during tenure by developing an outreach to surrounding counties.
- Systemized check-in procedures, set-up protocols, and improved customer service at the main resort.
- Developed marketing plan to increase awareness of the attraction; increased attendance 30%.
- Demonstrated technical merit in all phases of design process while creating award winning designs for small businesses.
- Introduced fresh concepts while updating equipment at state park campgrounds while reducing maintenance cost 50%.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed large-scale events including weddings, reunions, festivals, and carnivals. Provided counseling to help resolve problems.
- Developed the first website for the department; responsible for its content and design.
- Created promotional materials including flyers, posters, brochures, newsletters and advertisements.
- Designed model wheelchair accessible playground equipment; produced blueprints that will be used by city departments in future projects.
- Founded college’s recreation club; planned recreational events on campus while encouraging student participation with club sponsorship of intramural games.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 7
- Orchestrated and managed all recreation programs and special events for a seasonal population of 3,000+ guests.
- Designed and created all promotional materials (posters, flyers, social media campaigns, etc.) for leisure services.
- Conceptualized and produced an original mascot character to represent the recreation department.
- Conducted market research surveys to assess customer satisfaction rates and program popularity.
- Wrote and submitted grant proposals that were subsequently funded, resulting in an increase of recreation programming by 25%.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 8
- Oversee the design, development, organization, and execution of various unique programs.
- Developed a custom kayak program including equipment sales, rentals, tours/tours and instructional classes that led to a 400 percent increase in annual revenue during first year of implementation.
- Conceived new programs for youth with disabilities resulting in doubling participation in the program from 16 participants to 32 over a two-year period.
- Implemented new customer management system resulting in an 80% decrease in no shows from the previous year.
- Created “Autism Friendly Fridays” allowing children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to participate along with their typically developing peers without special concerns about interruptions.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw the planning for special events, concerts, and festivals attended by more than 1,000 people. Ensured event safety with appropriate personnel.
- Promoted an increase of $100,000 in revenue over previous year at the Treehouse Nature Center through fundraising efforts.
- Educated patrons on recreational activities within recreation environment to improve overall experience; led tours of facilities.
- Selected as the “Good Sport” by participants after demonstrating positive attitude with various sports-related games and activities with them during physical education sessions.
- Organized community outreach program with 30 organized volunteers to promote healthy lifestyles throughout Miami Dade County.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 10
- Conceptualized and created seasonal and themed displays for the library and its patrons.
- Wrote, directed, edited, and produced promotional videos for the library and its services.
- Planned, organized, and managed all aspects of the library’s annual summer reading program.
- Led and coordinated a team of 20+ volunteers in regular programming and special events.
- Received positive feedback from patrons on creativity, customer service skills, and event coordination.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 11
- Helped establish subsidized housing for low-income families by planning, scheduling, and supervising the renovation of a 2 million dollar estate.
- Used my artistic eye to create completed design plans which won 1st place in local landscape design contest.
- Organized special events including anniversary parties for recreation center; managed location set up, food/beverage selection, entertainment.
- Provided water safety instruction to children focusing on water confidence management and risk control; supervised rescue personnel during organized event.
- Artistically designed seasonally themed murals for day care centers’ hallways; created new designs every year using children’s input for inspiration.
Recreation Manager Resume Sample 12
- Supervised and coordinated all recreational activities and events for citizens, guests, and staff of an upscale resort community.
- Wrote, designed, and produced all marketing materials for recreational programming (posters, flyers, brochures, website content, etc.).
- Chaired committee meetings; developed and implemented policies/procedures related to program development and management.
- Liaised with other departments within the organization to ensure successful delivery of services; negotiated contracts with suppliers/vendors.
- Increased patronage of recreation by 30% within a two-year period.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or GED, associates, or bachelor’s degree in coaching or another related field. Skills to succeed include experience with event planning, excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with basic office software, good telephone etiquette, physically fit, strong management skills, good decision-making skills, organized, detail-oriented, and knowledge of first aid and CPR.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.