An Administrative Intern learns all the administrative tasks at a business office. Duties include entering data, answering phones, handling customer requests, filing, preparing documents, assisting managers, assisting other administrative personnel, and coding invoices for payment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrative Intern Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrative Intern resumes for your reference.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 1
- Honored as the “Most Admired” Administrative Assistant by my office’s Supervisor; assisted in maintaining high standards of business operations.
- Received outstanding quality award; coordinated and managed meetings, meetings agendas, and meetings minutes amongst various departments.
- Honored for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Accomplished exceptional results; maintained a clean and organized office environment, met deadlines, and exceeded expectations set by management.
- Accomplished outstanding results in a cross-functional team environment – proofed documents for accuracy prior to being filed with proper authority and followed company procedures to ensure accurate completion of projects.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 2
- Met the needs of customers with a positive attitude and demonstrated an ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Perfected typing skills, receptionist duties, and made outgoing calls.
- Confidently accomplished the training process for new undergraduate assistants to the administrative department.
- Created monthly meeting agenda for the president’s office; updated financial information used in monthly reports.
- Assisted in developing marketing campaign for clients of accounting department by updating documents as needed.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated a high level of performance by planning, organizing and managing the entire week manner.
- Adhered to confidentiality standards while screening employees for management positions; analyzed each candidate’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Received outstanding service award; effectively supported the Director of Human Resources in the daily operations of the department.
- Achieved award for meeting standards regarding job competency, showing initiative and providing quality work; attended all required staff meetings and participated in all team projects.
- Received outstanding contribution award; reviewed company policies while providing support to new employees.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 4
- Filed adhering to strict office procedures; worked 8-10 hours per day, Monday through Friday. Achieved award for promptness and accuracy bordering on perfection in filing.
- Handled various files with skill; took initiative to research regulations and other relevant information when the Office Manager was not available.
- Accomplished tasks in a timely manner according to departmental guidelines; completed all administrative function goals (Loan Processing, HR Administration, and Filing) for which I was responsible as an intern under the supervision of a licensed loan processor.
- Employed excellent customer service skills in handling telephone calls.
- Provided accurate, concise information to customers while adhering to the banks’ guidelines regarding privacy and disclosure.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 5
- Accomplished systems analysis and documentation as part of a cost saving study that resulted in a 5% reduction in annual expenditures; reduced the cost per account from $75 to $70.
- Achieved outstanding performance award; effectively implemented new sales tool to positively affect customer service.
- Handled all incoming calls for the week with no complaints, effectively providing customer service.
- Achieved outstanding sales award; increased unit sales by 100% short of quota for the month ending 09/05/2012.
- Completed project on time, on budget and within company guidelines; demonstrated exemplary teamwork with colleagues as we developed and implemented a new product management system.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 6
- Completed tasks, such as filing and copying, despite interference from co-workers.
- Earned appreciation as a Superstar in the Customer Service Department. Received positive feedback on customer service activities and related calls.
- Received accolade for maintaining supervisor’s high level of customer service while managing several tasks simultaneously, despite the demanding workload.
- Received commendation for displaying exemplary customer service by consistently meeting deadlines and customer satisfaction according to customer survey scores.
- Distinguished myself as an Outstanding Team Player for effectively meeting and exceeding expectations by completing tasks in a timely manner.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished tasks in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding performance award for excellent customer service with clients and co-workers.
- Accomplished significant tasks; contributed to the office’s goal of quality work and continuous improvement.
- Accomplished all assigned tasks in a timely manner and accurately submitted timecards.
- Accomplished all assigned tasks in a timely manner and accurately reported timecards to the Supervisor.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 8
- Received positive comments as an intern while developing strong relationships with supervisors and co-workers; effectively handled telephone messages and inquiries, mailed correspondences, worked on multi-stage paperwork on time.
- Handled a payroll issue for 3 months; successfully resolved all issues and was recognized by the Regional Manager for exemplary performance.
- Demonstrated initiative and initiative to resolve issues; forced a needed change in the company’s procedures.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality of service; received all BNA (Business Networking Association) Foundation awards for outstanding contributions to career development.
- Received outstanding quality award; received all National Society for Human Resources’ awards for outstanding contributions to career development.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 9
- Processed payments, calculated interest and fees, and prepared simple reports using a spreadsheet application.
- Monitored office equipment to ensure system uptime; resolved issues or contacted service provider when problems arose.
- Collected payments from delinquent accounts; verified customer information to determine the amount of the payment, fees, and interest.
- Determined the amount of security deposit to be collected for a rental property; conducted full credit check for an applicant.
- Prepared correspondence regarding requests for records from law enforcement agencies; responded to written requests from customers based on information received from law enforcement agencies.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 10
- Worked 40 hours per week and still maintained a 3.8 GPA as an undergraduate student at University of Southern California.
- Maintained a 98 percent accuracy rating by entering data into computer database for the City of Los Angeles’ Fire Department.
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills; completed filing in a timely and organized manner for the City of Los Angeles’ Fire Department.
- Recognized as employee of the month at J. C. Penny; completed tasks to the company’s specifications in a timely manner.
- Accomplishments of work done while taking business classes at University of Southern California were appreciated; received measurable recognition regarding departmental goals.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 11
- Served as the receptionist; greeted customers and provided information over the phone with a positive attitude and proficiency to ensure customers are adequately assisted without delay.
- Redirected customer calls; answered incoming calls and transferred them to appropriate staff members within one ring.
- Processed documents in a timely manner according to governmental regulations and banking guidelines; conducted extensive research on applicable laws.
- Achieved award for exceeding daily production standards; processed 164 loan documents during a 12-hour period, 9 hours more than required by law.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed 132 quality checks on loan documents in less than 2 hours (less than 1 hour was allotted for this task).
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 12
- Accomplished tasks in the areas of office administration, secretarial, and computer support.
- Organized office, maintained files and appointment calendar.
- Created and branded a memo for internal use, created company newsletter and maintained communications with clients.
- Personalized files for employees and clients; updated files on spreadsheet.
- Successfully completed all assigned tasks by ensuring good communication with clients, performing all activities in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
Administrative Intern Resume Sample 13
- Learned to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Met with clients in a professional manner and made appointments based on needs.
- Provided full administrative support; greeted clients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Managed customer accounts; assigned outbound calls to the appropriate representative for follow-up; organized project files; checked AIM system daily for status updates.
- Completed special projects as requested by the Accounts Manager and Human Resource Manager.
Educational requirements to be an administrative intern are at least a high school diploma while some companies require an associate’s degree in business administration. Skills needed to be an administrative intern are patience, filing skills, attention to detail, eagerness to learn, time management skills, flexibility, excellent communication skills, and ability to be a team player.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.