A Quality Control Supervisor makes sure that engineering jobs are done properly. Their duties include writing a Quality Control Plan, evaluating that plan, supervising engineers, scheduling inspections, setting schedules for employees, training employees, reviewing products before they are made, and accepting or rejecting products before they are released.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Quality Control Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Quality Control Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Reduced manufacturing error rates from 100% to 4.5% by utilizing statistical process control concepts and applying Six-Sigma activities to all phases of production, including personnel training and performance evaluations, environmental control systems, raw material control procedures, and lot-by-lot inspection methods.
- Successfully expanded company’s customer base from 90% to 200%; developed long-term customer relations through effective supply chain management and communication as well as technical problem resolution.
- Reduced annual equipment maintenance costs by over 1500% while improving overall equipment reliability; developed comprehensive preventative maintenance program that encompassed all facilities sites worldwide.
- Participated in various seminars and forums on hazardous waste management.
- Recipient of best manufacturing performance award for quality.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Established a proven standard of excellence in engineering, design, and testing of components and fixtures.
- Directly contributed to the commanding presence of the site by cutting costs through cost-effective procedures.
- Respected policies designed to promote quality results and encourage employee participation. Implemented new procedural guidelines for quality control, leading to improved customer satisfaction ratings.
- Increased production by maximum possible standards in a short period of time due to excellent planning and organization skills; promoted an exceptional image by the workforce.
- Collected data during the process of researching, identifying, analyzing, validating, and recommending improvements or adjustments necessary to improving quality management systems within the plant.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Supervised the quality control inspection of parts, components, and customer samples.
- Assigned and supervised the testing of a variety of materials and components to ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness in production.
- Performed statistical analyses on defect rates through random sampling methods.
- Formulated accurate process control charts for producing customer specific materials.
- Developed base line data to form a statistical foundation for future product requirements.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Supervised quality inspection and development of new products.
- Performed lean Six Sigma (6 Sigma) process improvement implementation to reduce production defects.
- Productivity triplet as line supervisor achieving a 35% reduction in defect rates.
- Received personal recognition for exceeding targets on job performance review, with an overall score of 5-A.
- Developed technical skills through consulting on quality systems and Lean Six Sigma implementation to achieve over 20% increase in productivity while reducing costs.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Monitored quality and productivity of a team of twenty employees while reducing inventory on hand by a significant amount.
- Achieved award for high performance; reduced initial errors in first month as Supervisor.
- Streamlined production processes to reduce workforce hours without compromise to product quality.
- Obtained certification for implementing an ISO 9000 Quality Control program and contributing to the company earning the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- Reduced original scrap rates by 70% within three months, allowing increased business opportunities absent prior need for improvements prior to the reduction, thus increasing profit margins by 32%.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Established a quality control program that reduced defective products by 40 percent.
- Received award for cost reduction and labor savings in the process of product modernization and equipment installation.
- Streamlined quality control operations; cut costs from $250,000 to $50,000 annually.
- Reduced scrap rates by 5 percent on average.
- Oversaw yearly production of plastics that was an estimated $12 million higher than any other corporation in industry.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Supervised and trained 10 workers through quality control department to ensure customer satisfaction regarding on time delivery, product quality, and price.
- Increased customer satisfaction rating by over 20% through customer surveys; received award at annual corporate meeting.
- Managed a team of personnel to conduct an in-depth performance evaluation of the manufacturing plant; recommended cost-cutting measures to increase profit margin.
- Streamlined operations by revising the material handling system used by factory personnel; recognized company-wide for great savings realized through decreased manufacturing costs.
- Introduced products that improved customer satisfaction ratings; quoted “One of our greatest achievements.” from Regional Sales Manager.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Controlled mailroom warehouse and receiving to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of paperwork flow.
- Aided in shortening ship and delivery times during peak seasons.
- Maximized productivity by maintaining a clean and safe warehouse/mail area environment.
- Supervised daily truck pick up; ensured all necessary paperwork was complete, accounted for, and in compliance with package weight limits.
- Instituted procedures to increase overall quality control; reduced customer complaints based on inspection reports.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in the development and implementation of 1994 ISO 9000 certified quality control policies, procedures, and programs.
- Trained and supervised 30 quality control personnel responsible for ensuring the quality of 72500 manufacturing products for two product lines.
- Developed a new ISO 9000 certified quality control program applying new technology to the traditional process of inspection.
- Maintained a customer satisfaction survey annually to determine customer satisfaction with product, service, and company per policies.
- Recognized by peers as a proactive team player who had demonstrated an exemplary work ethic in implementing Lean principles into his department’s activities.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Resolved an issue on a deal worth $3.3 million. The issue involved claims by the manufacturer that materials were defective and could not be used to fulfill the contract.
- Resolved a multi-million dollar dispute between two labor unions over work standardization within the company.
- Forged new contacts for the company with three suppliers in China to ensure consistent supply of materials for the next two years.
- Visited sixteen customers and two suppliers in China and Japan during one month as an overseas Quality Control Supervisor.
- Ordered all supplies from one supplier, thereby cutting down costs by 11%. Savings for the company were close to $350,000 annually.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Improved quality assurance processes and enhanced process control for over 200,000 parts per day.
- Ensured that the plant spent approximately 40% less time on process analysis and adjustments and doubled part rework.
- Increased machine utilization by up to 25%.
- Demonstrated leadership at start-up of new machine and developed a training program for future use of the new equipment.
- Served as Quality Lead in correlating product specifications with purchasing requirements; eliminated the need for over one hundred changes by using dynamic simulation software to improve performance.
Quality Control Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Performed quality assurance and quality control work for a hospital’s X-ray unit.
- Encountered client and project managers who had under-estimated the importance of quality assurance and quality control functions in medical facilities.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding production rates and time efficiency; directly contributed to a reduction in Meditech’s staffing levels.
- Questioned value of company’s quality assurance and quality control leadership program after seeing a prototypical example in another hospital where significant budgeted overhead costs had been avoided by reducing product hazards through an elaborate QA/QC program.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality assurance and quality control for a commercial project by following strict guidelines for part acceptance.
A high school diploma is required to do this job, but a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Skills include self-motivation, desire to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent math and computer skills, ability to multi-task, time-management skills, organizational skills, ability to mentor and train staff, and strong attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.