Poll Clerks are temporary or seasonal positions that assist in elections by checking in voters at the polling places and assisting with any questions they may have. Duties include setting up polling stations, checking in voters and verifying registration, assigning voters a ballot or voting terminal, and answering questions from voters.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Poll Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Poll Clerk resumes for your reference.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Processed multiple hundred ballot ballots, processed over twelve thousand votes by mail ballots, and tabulated over one million votes for various governmental projects.
- Assisted projects of management, sales, public relations, advertising by organizing and maintaining the lists of relevant material for their needs.
- Operated polls during election campaigns to maintain a steady rate of record-keeping on political donations.
- Maintained the office records of the call recording system, maintained telephone communications schedule to communicate with users constantly.
- Wrote data into computer database system (DOS/NET) transferring information from paper form to that system constantly.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Edited and collected poll books for 274 registered voters.
- Transcribed and posted election results for District 15.
- Conducted an Election Day vote count for three ballot machines.
- Conducted a recount for a single ballot machine.
- Provided information about the election process to district youth groups under the sponsorship of the Government class.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Registered hundreds of voters, including military personnel, double amputees, medical patients, elderly, single teenagers, college students.
- Maintained paper records of extensive demographic information for all fifty states and territories.
- Received compensation for attendance at college classes to qualify for promotions to federal government clerical positions.
- Chose first preferences on over one hundred ballots every election cycle.
- Devised voting systems that increased voter satisfaction and increased voter turnout in school elections by over twenty percent.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Participated in day-to-day administrative duties including filing, scheduling, and maintaining records for the White House.
- Managed several projects to assist with White House History, National Archives, Presidential Libraries, Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Handled over 20% of all incoming calls to the President’s office related to scheduling, dietary needs, or complaints.
- Supervised seven-person staff responsible for maintaining over 1 million visitors per year. Wrote an annual register of visitors’ attendance.
- Trained three clerical assistants in personal interaction skills and office practices including phones calls and assisting the President’s assistant with projects requiring time management skills & handling multiple tasks.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Planned and directed Election Day operations for over 1,000 registered voters during each of five consecutive elections.
- Established and regulated polling place protocols and procedures for over 50 poll workers and three municipal judges over the course of five election seasons.
- Developed, implemented, and enforced guidelines for polling site supplies, traffic flow, voting process flow, equipment use, and worker performance.
- Recruited student volunteers to register students before school at high schools in order to increase voter participation among 18-24-year-olds by 15%.
- Trained temporary poll workers on legal processing standards before each election cycle.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Prepared over 5,000 mentally challenged citizens to vote during their three-year tenure at the local polling station.
- Completed detailed election ballot preparation in under two hours with a team of four poll clerks.
- Established a 99% accuracy rate in counting votes and tallying results for nineteen previous elections.
- Recognized for exceptional leadership to ensure smooth operation of the polling station that was continually rated “Exceptional” by the county Board of Elections.
- Recognized for outstanding performance to ensure accurate and secure results in three previous elections.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Meticulously counted over 10,000 ballots with accuracy and speed to achieve the longest average precinct tallying time in the county.
- Served as a lead poll clerk by working more shifts than any other person, contributing to a record-breaking 95% voter turnout.
- Designed a new layout for poll books to assist disabled persons and senior citizens with ease of voting.
- Provided for smooth elections by meeting volunteers’ needs during hectic final days before the vote by supplying food, water, and encouragement.
- Maintained composure during difficult situations such as hot weather, angry voters, and equipment malfunctions by keeping calm and responding thoughtfully with solutions.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Provided up-to-date and relevant information for national and local polls through data entry, spreadsheet analysis, and computer programming.
- Facilitated the distribution of 4,000 polling locations in four precincts for early and election day voting and tested and verified operations with 150 fellow poll workers.
- Interfaced between voters and elections staff in every aspect of the voting process by providing polling location information, ballots, secure tables, privacy booths, pens/markers correct ballot style.
- Increased public awareness of voting rights by participating in a mock trial competition on the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Negotiated conflict resolution peacefully between voters at a polling location during heated election season.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Randomly counted over 10,000 votes in the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Registered voters, processed mail-in ballots, and tallied absentee ballots in over 25 precincts in the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Served as precinct clerk at several polling locations for four years in a row.
- Aided local organizations with voter registration drives to increase voter turnout in state and national elections.
- Corrected election ballot errors when necessary by revising ballot wording and providing training for other poll workers when necessary.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Collaborated with supervisor to effectively coordinate assignments, workflow, and communication of new and returning poll clerks.
- Managed all projects and tasks through Project Management software and applied the lean methodology to daily operations.
- Formulated polling precinct maps and oversaw the construction of necessary electoral booths for accessibility of all voters.
- Aided supervisor in the introduction of new electronic poll books for the tabulation of votes by election day.
- Facilitated communication between polls, state agencies, and legal representatives of both political parties to eliminate conflicts over election laws.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 11
- An accomplished record of achieving goals and goals & goals and goals and goals and
- Coordinated poll worker training classes for election reform from Courthouse to Church through community building.
- Demonstrated positive social behavior, as a leader in volunteer programs, public information campaigns,and consent decrees.
- Orchestrated red tape removal by making elected officials aware of procedural flaws in order to encourage cooperation.
- Researched community demographics by reviewing voting records from previous elections to better understand the needs of voters.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Worked as a poll clerk for two alternating elections.
- Won first place in a local polls craft contest by placing all ballots in the right envelopes.
- Recognized as one of the most efficient and well-organized poll clerks for a 3-month election.
- Recognized as one of twelve outstanding poll clerks from across Wisconsin.
- Attained full certification as a Certified Elections Clerk by reaching an 85% average on exams based on original observation and analysis of data entry errors occurring during 12% of all polling places statewide.
Poll Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Worked 18 hr shifts in a private court reporting office while completing a double major in psychology and a minor in public administration.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and compiled data from over 1,500 cases over two years to prove the effectiveness of court supervision.
- Collected financial obligations from defendants during their daily reporting times to reduce county incarceration costs by 45%.
- Provided expertise on the legal system to foreign reporters covering criminal justice for international publication.
- Researched and designed a step-by-step program for alternative sentencing programs for repeat offenders.
To be eligible a person must be have an active voters registration, not be a candidate in the election, and not be related to a candidate in then election. Poll Clerks must be team players, able to work long hours, professional demeanor, detail oriented, outgoing, demonstrate good judgement, multitasker, possess people skills, and have basic computer knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.