The Marine Electrician installs ad repairs electrical services aboard ships and in shipyard facilities. Their duties include repairing or replacing wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, using power construction equipment, using measuring devices, power tools and testing equipment, diagnosing faulty systems or parts, inspecting electrical systems, and preparing sketches of follow blueprints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Marine Electrician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marine Electrician resumes for your reference.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 1
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic control systems as an emission control technician for the U.S. Navy.
- Achieved certification of 20G electrician from the Center for Information, Security and Reliability at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy.
- Participated in a United Nations humanitarian mission to bring electricity to a remote fishing village on the coast of Guinea-Bissau.
- Skilled in inspections, preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, troubleshooting, documentation and report writing tasks.
- Appeared as guest speaker for local chapter of Women in Trucking Inc.; details experience overcoming obstacles while balancing expectations between family life and military service.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 2
- Repaired and maintained electrical systems for over 300 Marines, including tactical combat equipment such as M-16’s, night vision goggles, lasers, GPS units.
- Accomplished all assigned work in compliance with the rules and regulations of USCG & US Navy Regulations. Helped maintain a 100% pass rate on ship inspections.
- Recognized by the Department Head for excellent leadership ability after producing a 50% decrease in time spent repairing electrical components while maintaining a 200% increase in production output.
- Responsible for implementing quality control procedures to ensure efficacy of repair procedures; greatly reduced need for rework due to poor repair by establishing a regular preventative program.
- Responsible for training two junior level electricians who now work as journeymen in the industry.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 3
- Maintain all electric, lighting systems for major vessel.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other trades.
- Troubleshoot equipment for faults in motors, switchboards, generators, propulsion gearboxes, diesel engines, steam boilers.
- Perform underwater repairs to submerged components of the vessels’ hulls.
- Perform welding using various types of welding machines up to 300 amps AC/DC with electrode wires from .040 inch diameter to 1 inch diameter electrodes.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 4
- Evaluated usage of licensed and unlicensed personnel to ensure safe and efficient operation of all plant systems.
- Troubleshot electrical problems during normal operations, emergencies, and shutdowns; developed strategies to improve troubleshooting throughput.
- Performed scheduled maintenance on all mechanical/electrical equipment; documented work performed in log books and electronic files for future reference.
- Ensured that the generating units were capable of producing power within the standards set forth by federal regulations through careful monitoring and testing of each unit’s fuel system components.
- Identified need for new procedures to reduce turbine blade erosion; prepared a report documenting turbine performance data after implementing new procedure following approval from management team.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 5
- Marine electrician with over six (6) years of experience in shipboard electrical systems. Able to troubleshoot, repair, and install both AC and DC circuits.
- Performed duties as Lead Electrician on board the T-AKE during an extended 11-month deployment with the US Navy’s 7th Fleet. Planned and executed all maintenance tasks for onboard electrical system components including generators, switchboards, propulsion control modules, etc., with no safety incidents or objections from clients throughout operations.
- Salvaged a damaged lead acid battery cell using plumber’s solder; rewarded by Master Chief for dedication to excellence in service delivery.
- Awarded Certificate Merit for superior engineering skills during routine maintenance of the vessel’s electrical control panels and risers.
- Secured and properly stowed ventilation ducts to prevent loose debris from being sucked into the boilers.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in the fabrication and installation of steel support structures for the main machinery control platform.
- Replaced a faulty high pressure seawater pump.
- Successfully repaired an emergency generator circuit breaker that was tripping during use.
- Installed conduit assemblies, junction boxes, power outlets, switchboards, and other electrical equipment to enable proper operation of outer deck lighting systems.
- Exemplary service award; accurately calculated voltage loss percentage to prevent potential hazards while supplying power to vessels.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 7
- Installed, tested, and commissioned all new electrical equipment for the vessel’s main power switchboards.
- Improved wiring system by reconfiguring circuits to increase power capacity.
- Aided in the construction of an auxiliary power generator capable of producing 10kW of emergency electricity during a stall.
- Provided emergency response capability following incidents such as electrocution from improper grounding or isolation, high voltage damage from lightning strikes, battery explosions from faults in battery chargers, fires caused by faulty maintenance procedures or overcharging cells, physical accidents caused by incorrect use or handling of tools and gear loads.
- Identified hazardous conditions surrounding fluctuating currents and potential danger within commutation busbars to others, other electrical equipment, gas turbine generators, and the vessel’s main diesel engines.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 8
- Installed, tested and spliced a double-circuit cable from the engine room to the deck of a US Navy ship.
- Replaced low voltage distribution breaker panel for Regulus Cruise Missile conversion project.
- Repaired 480/220 volt wiring connections on motor control equipment that powered launch tube components on Polaris submarine missile.
- Diagnosed heater system controls’ malfunction on the USS Crockett SSG-351 which led to locating cause of problem and repairing necessary components.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation for inventing new tool to remove torpedo propellers by prying rather than hammering on a metal wedge, saving a service member’s hand from possible injury or death.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 9
- Inspected, repaired, and installed electrical wiring systems of the ship.
- Reviewed blueprints of electrical panels to determine proper power usage for specified areas; also participated in complete overhaul process requiring removal of entire electric panel.
- Won Safety award for preventing life-threatening injury during hazardous work conditions; exposed to asbestos, lead paint, high voltage electricity, fire hazards (extreme heat), falls (height reaching three stories).
- Presented two training sessions on material handling safety; trained over 300 workers on OSHA regulations regarding safe practices during material movement procedures.
- Trained four apprentices on OSHA regulations pertaining to working with lead paint and asbestos insulation.
Marine Electrician Resume Sample 10
- Rewired fifty feet of water front bulkhead while working in the rain without safety harness.
- Installed three new electrical outlets to support temporary housing units for FEMA relief workers.
- Diagnosed and repaired a faulty conveyer belt at an ice cream factory by replacing worn out transfer switches, wire, insulation, and belts.
- Repaired five light fixtures on board US Naval Aircraft carriers after being struck by lightning during stormy seas.
- Moved heavy machinery with team members to align gear box input shafts while hoisting up four hundred pounds by rope to facilitate the mechanical replacement process.
To work as a Marine Electrician you will need to have a high school diploma, and some technical courses. The Marine Electrician must be able to troubleshoot, have good judgment and decision-making skills, active listening skills, critical thinking skills, knowledge of installation and equipment maintenance, and be an active learner.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Marine Electrician Resume Samples
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 1
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 2
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 3
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 4
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 5
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 6
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 7
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 8
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 9
- Marine Electrician Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up