Guest service managers are responsible for overseeing the activities conducted by the guest service team in a restaurant. Their duties include responding to guests’ complaints, delegating duties, training new staff, coordinating check-ins and check-out procedures, managing guest service team and ensuring guests are properly welcomed.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Guest Service Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Guest Service Manager resumes for your reference.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 1
- Embodied the company’s guest focus in providing personalized assistance while scheduling and releasing guest vehicles.
- Devoted 100% to ensuring cars were ready upon request and that guests were satisfied with their car’s appearance.
- Offered exceptional hospitality to keep each customer smiling, such as preparing complimentary snacks for the car owner or calling for a cab when it rained unexpectedly.
- Determined action plans to resolve vehicle-related issues to maintain a guaranteed 5-star rating from customers.
- Implemented innovative programs to improve parking lot flow, such as reversing traffic flow on busy weekends and expanding shuttle service at peak demand periods.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 2
- Personalized each guest’s stay to ensure complete satisfaction. Evaluated feedback to improve service.
- Curated quaint inn in historic setting and guided development of exciting downtown revitalization project.
- Enrolled guests into various activities, such as horseback riding, wine tours, clay making, gardening, and more — all including the inn’s meals.
- Conceived and created new types of facilities for guest use such as a hot tub on a front porch overlooking the sea (for parties up to eight people), an outdoor wood-burning sauna, and private terraces with heated taffy pools.
- Trained new staff and oversaw training classes of up to 80.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 3
- Handled inquiries, reservations, and event-management for 5 different institutions.
- Oversaw hotel room block inventory and daily service deliveries for over 6,000 rooms.
- Prepared food from commercial kitchens for entire hotel in a timely manner according to quality standards.
- Maintained outstanding attendance record; trained 600 associates in guest service training.
- Established an exceptional attendance standard with over 80% of guests rated as “Always Satisfied” by guests during their stay at the hotel.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed the busiest nightclub in the Middle East and successfully took on a new project from corporate.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service by the Judge overseeing a multi-million-dollar construction project.
- Transacted $50 million in commercial real estate sales for one of the largest office and retail brokerages in New York City.
- Successfully negotiated independent contracts with the city of New York, Office of Emergency Management, to provide emergency planning and response training.
- Effectively managed over 500 employees at a government contractor while maintaining a perfect 95% turn over rate; negotiated successful contracts with NGO’s and contractors overseas.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 5
- Worked in a wide variety of restaurant service positions over the last fourteen years.
- Adhering to legal and established industry standards for rating and compensation, handled a wide range of customer complaints, maintained an organized cash flow, and provided outstanding customer support.
- Era-appropriate dance competitions were helpful in meeting goals and resolving employee’s complaints.
- Created theme nights with weekly contests and prizes to reinforce communication, teamwork, quality service, and professionalism; received adequate compensation for promotions.
- Recognized for “Outstanding Service” on more than one occasion as well as recognition as a “Star Employee.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 6
- Earned award in recognition of outstanding performance; pioneered new methods and programs that allowed a 20% increase in profits.
- Received commendation from the President of the company for successful handling of a salary settlement negotiation.
- Achieved top sales for month due to profit-centered tactful persuasion and individualized customer service.
- Saved company $20,000 by reducing inventory; identified and resolved an inventory control problem that led to the resolution.
- Identified opportunities for savings by negotiating contract changes with vendors; saved 500% more than amount originally budgeted for contract negotiations.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed a staff of fifteen employees; developed superior customer relations while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Assisted in resolving customer requests and complaints. Increased overall sales by 20% while decreasing costs by 10%.
- Excelled in business knowing when to say yes, when to say no, and when to delegate responsibility. Increased revenue generated through increased customer satisfaction by 30%.
- Accomplished a superior level of customer service with over 80% repeat business. Achieved award for the best guest service in the company for two consecutive years.
- Grew business from $4 million to $8 million per year with an effective team effort, including employee cooperation and communication.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 8
- Effectively and efficiently ran all departments, including the front desk, phone service, concessions and food service.
- Promoted customer satisfaction by suggesting new ideas and eliminating the stress of maintaining a stressful environment through efficient organization.
- Developed trust and a relationship with employees by ensuring their representatives were treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy.
- Received positive responses from customers by utilizing positive communication skills to provide satisfactory service to customers.
- Encouraged employees to seek further education for personal growth through various educational programs such as continuing education workshops, seminars, or books.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and trained over 400 employees, including but not limited to, front desk agents, bellhops, ticket sellers, valets, etc.
- Defined and implemented company-wide vision for customer service.
- Determined uniform and dress code for guest service; collaborated with Vice President of Executive Development to develop customer-service training program.
- Managed the guest service department by attracting and retaining top talent through recruitment of key representatives in the areas of intelligence, communication skills, and ability to interact with customers on a personal level.
- Administered annual employee performance evaluation program using an objective system that measured customer satisfaction and loyalty through statistical analysis. (i.e.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 10
- Resolved customer complaints and concerns through strategic thinking, and professional problem solving.
- Respected the needs of clients, and communicated them in a direct, kind, and clear manner.
- Respected the needs of others and communicated them in a direct, kind, and clear manner.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 11
- Earned the reputation as a guest relations Superstar; recognized for performing at highest levels of excellence by the Director and Assistant Manager.
- Maintained morale and motivated others by attending staff meetings and volunteering to help with special events, such as sales drives, dinners, picnics, and parties.
- Actively solicited feedback from guests regarding their satisfaction with facilities, service personnel, and company policies.
- Credited with increasing hotel revenues through increasing occupancy rates while ensuring guest loyalty by offering an additional amenity (such as breakfast) upon request.
- Led a team of staff to exceed company’s profitability expectations by providing exemplary guest service.
Guest Service Manager Resume Sample 12
- Ensured that guests were given excellent service; earned superlative customer service award.
- Designed and implemented additional programs including a special VIP entertainment package, a five-course dinner, and a box of gift items.
- Selected appropriate wines to pair with the food.
- Supervised staff to maintain standards of excellence in professional customer service and to make sure the experience was wonderful.
- Created positive ambiance to enhance overall customer satisfaction; created a fun, caring environment for guests at the resort.
To work as a guest service manager, you require a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or its equivalent. Guest service managers must demonstrate customer relation skills, excellent communication skills, instructional skills, organizational skills, managerial skills, teamwork and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.