Legal Nurse consultants are professionals who are involved in evaluating, analyzing and giving opinions regarding medical issues and health concerns. Legal Nurse Consultant’s role is providing medical counsel on legal matters. They act as liaisons between attorneys and the medical profession, assist lawyers, review medical records and reports for cases that involve personal injury, negligence, workers’ compensation, malpractice or wrongful death, explain complex medical issues to clients and act as expert witnesses.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Legal Nurse Consultant resumes for your reference.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Effectively managed, improved and expanded patient care services for over five years.
- Initiated and implemented the first all electronic medical records system in a multispecialty group practice including surgeons, cardiologists, obstetricians, gynecologists and an oncology practice.
- Promoted to director of nursing for regional hospital with 3500 nurses; attained the highest compliment from peers when peer Nurses voted me “Coach of The Year”.
- Conducted quality assurance rounds in area hospitals enforcing standards of care that achieved National Quality Awards in three consecutive years.
- Achieved national recognition as a top 10% performer in 2006 and 2007 among more than 30000 consulting professionals.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Reviewed patient histories, lab results, diagnostic studies, and medical records; provided written consultation regarding diagnosis, treatment plan strategy; related related legal implications to my clients.
- Authored two published articles for the National Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (NALNC) Journal.
- Achieved top achiever award based on client feedback scores, service revenue generated per hour billed, and quality assurance data.
- Quickly resolved my assigned cases with excellent customer satisfaction based on feedback from the Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel.
- Identified possible areas of risk that may have otherwise been missed by other consultants prior to litigation or trial through use of wide-ranging medical research databases.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Exhibited a comprehensive knowledge of healthcare and nursing laws, practices, and procedures in connection with medical malpractice.
- Advised physicians on the related laws in order to avoid lawsuits and protect patient privacy concerns.
- Increased associates’ efficiency by scheduling all work for compliance deadlines based off extensive research in the area of law.
- Explored new legal avenues during consultation with clients who were considering major litigation, including DEA cases where controlled substances are involved.
- Improved opinion credibility with colleague attorneys through distinctive capabilities for providing pertinent information about federal laws that govern healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and nursing practices.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Analyzed medical records, dictated reports to a dictation system, and submitted them to physicians for their review.
- Gave expert testimony at deposition and in court on cases involving reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
- Successfully handled difficult courtroom interactions while testifying as the third-party neutral interpreter of complex scientific concepts for judges, attorneys, experts, and lay people.
- Rewrote drug labels to comply with FDA standards after researching clinical information about the safety and efficacy of medications.
- Promoted through company ranks from Staff Nurse Practitioner to Vice President of Clinical Services because of my expertise in delivering high quality legal services and clinical care.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of medical terminology, diagnostic testing, and pharmaceutical products.
- Advised physicians about the legal aspects of patient care while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responded to requests for information or technical assistance by tracking down the necessary data in a timely manner.
- Accomplished tasks assigned by supervisor in a prompt and accurate fashion; responsible for project initiation from inception through completion within deadlines set out by senior staff.
- Lending support to attorney personnel when time sensitive cases were presented during all phases of litigation process.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Authored a newsletter on the treatment of Workman’s Compensation injuries for transcription and editing.
- Designed and developed training seminars for new hires to update their legal knowledge base, provide case law updates, and introduce new policies and procedures.
- Provided up-to-date medical research throughout trial testimony; recognized as one of three most valuable consultants by partners at firm for work on “complex” cases.
- Advised Doctors and Physicians during deposition and trial testimony. Identified fractures (both old and recent), sprains and strains (old or recent), torn muscles/tendons, joints with effusion (no traumatic etiology) lacerations requiring stitches, soft tissue contusions (bruising), or abrasions (scraping).
- Managed the design and production of over 100 informative legal nurse consulting manuals, brochures, leaflets, handbooks, newsletters and intranet webpages.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Pioneered pro bono home care for patients suffering from strokes and diabetic foot problems.
- Orchestrated a successful pro bono campaign, enabling the organization to contribute $25,000 to local charities in need.
- Advised multi-disciplinary team on legal delivery methods by attending hearings and trials; contributed to ongoing positive relationships with clients.
- Improved organizational performance by identifying gaps in current processes and developing systems for measuring success against priorities set forth by Chief Operating Officer.
- Generated over $500,000 in new business opportunities while supporting company’s growth objectives; recognized as member of 10 person team that brought in largest contract ever signed at time.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Mediated and resolved patient care issues between physicians and nurses.
- Suggested protocol improvements to meet new healthcare guidelines; helped mediate disputes to ensure quality data reporting; increased feedback from patients.
- Advocated for the best interests of patients, ensuring that their rights are upheld under law while complying with insurance regulations.
- Collaborated with medical professionals during patient consultations by providing professional opinion regarding potential treatments, diagnostic tests, medications, etc.
- Reduced malpractice risk for clients by 21% through improved education of client staffs regarding best practices in delivering quality patient care.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Provided consultative advice on medico-legal issues to physicians, medical staff, attorneys, and law enforcement personnel.
- Authored legal reports; drafted legal documents; revised attorney presentations; testified in court concerning individual cases.
- Certified in three healthcare specialties (RN Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science Forensic Nursing, Registered Nurse).
- Trained fellow employees to use clinical practice guidelines for documentation and preparation of materials associated with claims management.
- Earned certification as a Legal Nurse Consultant after completing coursework in both law and nursing science.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Prepared comprehensive reports on the health status of plaintiff/patients for delivery to defense lawyer.
- Interpreted radiological, clinical laboratory, and electrodiagnostic tests for a large group of physicians to determine the extent of injury and its impact on patient’s ability to work.
- Evaluated physical capacity for return-to-work release by performing functional capacity evaluations with manual handling testing.
- Pioneered new innovative nursing services through presentation at conferences across the country; published in professional journals.
- Earned recognition for outstanding performance via letter from nursing director; directly attributed with saving company over $100K annually with input on EMR system modifications.
Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Evaluated more than 1,200 cases from initial visit through settlement.
- Completed on-site reviews of expert witness testimony in orthopedics, cardiology, psychiatry and general practice for lawyers throughout Illinois and three other states.
- Effectively interviewed physicians to determine their work history while maintaining a high level of confidentiality during the entire process.
- Reviewed case files to assess appropriate payment rates according to Medicare fee schedules for specialists such as pathologists, radiologists, anesthesiologists and emergency room doctors.
- Interpreting medical reports for attorneys; providing at least 15 hours per month of continuous interpretation services with no errors or misunderstandings over phone lines with 66kbs modem.
To be a legal nurse consultant one should have a degree in Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or a registered nurse (RN) license. Skills needed in the field are empathy, close attention to detail, organization and problem-solving skills, familiarity with medical records systems, knowledge of medical-legal terminology and medical tools and should be comfortable testifying in court if needed.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Samples
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Legal Nurse Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up