Export Clerks produce and verify all required documentation for moving goods out of a country. Their duties include producing all the required documentation, completing the documentation, building a relationship with USDA for the company, data entry tasks, discussing and answering questions related to the exports, maintaining copies of the load and export bills.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Export Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Export Clerk resumes for your reference.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Processed orders for Middle East export companies. Generated detailed purchase order forms and maintained their records, including tracking of ordering and shipping progress.
- Collected documents required by the U.S. Customs Service and completed data entry on time so as to maintain compliance with government regulations.
- Met regularly with clients to ensure satisfaction; managed expectations regarding delivery schedules and improved customer relations within a team environment.
- Worked at a subsidiary office where layout organization will be installed to improve workflow efficiency; recommended implementation of new software systems for sales analysis and inventory control.
- Maintained positive workplace reputation through consistent attendance, reliability, dependability, motivation, and enthusiasm demonstrated daily in tasks.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Led a team of 15 floor employees in the daily execution of 5 Calls, ensuring that 65% of all product was ready for shipment within the first 2 hours.
- Introduced comprehensive inventory control system improving material management by 40%; recognized by divisional manager for outstanding performance.
- Promoted to Export Clerk after two successful years on Sales Floor; achieved new records in productivity and quality excellence while maintaining 100% adherence to customer satisfaction guidelines without involving supervision.
- Introduced new departmental policies and procedures, including improved filing systems increasing accuracy by 60%.
- Received national recognition for pioneering development of computerized real-time assessment system that reduced claims processing time from 6 days to 36 hours.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Monitored export shipments of metal products, verifying dimensions and weights through the use of survey equipment.
- Received certificate for successfully passing Export Clerk training course.
- Automated departmental workflow by developing new Excel-based software system to track items in transit while improving visibility into product status.
- Implemented quality control standards resulting in increased accuracy of export documents while decreasing time to logistics placement.
- Intensive training on industry-specific software led to advancement from Export Clerk II to Export Manager; recognized for contributions with 7/7/7 award (seven months, seven days, seven hours).
Export Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Provided customers with records, documents, and reports needed to ensure the timely delivery of all export shipments.
- Introduced new tracking and filing system that increased productivity by 37%.
- Established office protocols regarding the documentation and handling of sensitive information for maximum security.
- Assisted in revising job description to reflect advancements in technology; directed training initiatives to increase proficiency levels.
- Spearheaded organization’s entry into Global Marketplace after negotiating, drafting, and finalizing an agreement with a foreign supplier.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Handled and resolved customer complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Improved the tracking system to monitor customer complaints and shipments by monthly shipment.
- Conducted training and coaching for overseas agents and offices on request basis to include understanding of documents, procedures, benefits, account set-up/maintenance, etc.
- Managed multiple accounts with effective communication between foreign branch managers; increased sales volume by 20%.
- Gained extensive knowledge of international business practices as an exporter during four months travel across five countries conducting seminars (market research).
Export Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Provided clerical support for daily order processing, international shipping documentation, and other export-related activities.
- Enhance logistical functions by coordinating trucking inspections for over 500 domestic transportation units; recognized by the Regional Manager.
- Pioneered an innovative approach to expedite exports while traveling abroad; effectively communicated with foreign customs officials in Chinese language to ensure timely release of cargo.
- Streamlined export documentation processes to meet critical deadlines; received appreciation from the Director of Accounting after resolving discrepancies in double entry process.
- Achieved significant cost savings by identifying areas for budget cuts within all facets of business unit operations.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Facilitated transparency of all transactions by resolving customer inquiries and processing, tracking, confirming shipment paperwork.
- Collaborated with international shipping warehouses to arrange for pickup and exchange of products from foreign trade zones at the port level.
- Processed a twelve percent increase in annual sales volume while eliminating a six percent decrease in cost-to-ship ratio.
- Obtained recognition as Export Clerk of the Month; an annual achievement resulting from a 1.8% increase in gross profit margin over last month.
- Recognized as Trade Specialist of the Year after meeting or exceeding financial goals set forth by management team that aligned with strategic company objectives over past year.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Established new accounts, maintained relationships with existing customers, and expanded horizons for financial growth.
- Maintained confidentiality of proprietary company information; notarized documents for sales department; filed customer files; reconciled discrepancies in financials.
- Met or exceeded sales goals by cold-calling potential customers to schedule appointments. Served as the primary point of contact during business meetings via conference calls with negotiations, contract signings, and proposal finalization.
- Ensured quality control over exported goods; rerouted shipments that failed physical inspection or customs clearance. Provided support to international clients who were unfamiliar with export regulations by having them complete standard State Department documentation (CITES Certificate).
- Performed duties of absent coworkers on a temporary basis without incident or error.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Accomplished and submitted over $20 million in exports to the U.S. Department of Commerce in a 9-month period.
- Documented and processed over 10,000 transactions in a timely manner while meeting all deadlines for certification and assessment.
- Implemented process improvements by rewriting procedures manuals resulting in increased productivity and accuracy.
- Introduced proactive leadership skills through coaching employees; improved morale and cooperation with superiors, colleagues, clients, and customers.
- Delivered outstanding customer service performance; trained for two months on product knowledge before assuming responsibilities inside the company’s major accounts division. Processed orders containing hundreds of contacts daily while providing timely communication between customers and suppliers.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Handled over $300,000 of company shipments to international customers by following established shipping procedures and using excellent delegation skills.
- Provided export sales support for overseas customers by utilizing good interpersonal communication skills.
- Executed assignments by acting as liaison between customers, vendors, and co-workers; optimized time management with efficiency.
- Accumulated knowledge of exporting price points by researching market trends via various modes of web research.
- Met profit goals for the department through effective inventory control; communicated effectively with other clerks during difficult situations that arose due to deadline pressures.
Export Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Processed assigned paperwork for international trade in a timely manner according to government regulations.
- Organized and maintained records of company sales, costs, imports, exports, duties, taxes for audit purposes.
- Coordinated with third party brokers who acted as agents on behalf of the corporation.
- Aided in the assessment of export risk by locating potential markets that would require alternative sources of supply or materials due to embargo risks.
- Prepared JIT (Just-in-Time), LTL (Less-Than-Truckload) orders for corporate clients based on customer requirements gathered from clients’ representatives plus market developments abroad plus internal marketing information.
To work as an export clerk you must have a High School diploma/GED diploma. Exports Clerks must have knowledge about the shipping process, the billing process,good verbal and communication skills, good computer skills, good mathematics skills, must demonstrate a high-degree of analytical thinking, and must be team players.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.