Food Expeditors provide support in a restaurant kitchen by ensuring orders are received by cooks quickly and prepared in the right order. Their duties include receiving orders from waiters, calling out orders to chefs, informing waiters when the kitchen is out of ingredients, performing final tasks to finish dishes, keeping the kitchen clean, and addressing patron complaints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Food Expeditor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Food Expeditor resumes for your reference.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 1
- Facilitated self-reliance of others, who were often first-generation Americans, by aiding families to purchase and prepare culturally aware food.
- Efficiently provided bilingual Spanish language information to the assembly line of students, teachers and parents.
- Provided fast and accurate service during cafeteria shifts while explaining school policies and procedures in a clear, understanding manner.
- Achieved top notch quality rating for assuring adherence to nutrition standards as established by the USDA for school lunches.
- Realized higher productivity by fine-tuning communication and task management with staff and coworkers.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 2
- Created revenue by selling empty food containers at wholesale prices, such as lids, straws, plastic wrap, and bags.
- Oversaw production of one million units per month; negotiated contracts for outsourcing to local distributor.
- Co-founded company with an experienced partner; oversaw daily operation and preparation of food products for wholesale market.
- Experienced in inventory management, ordering and packing of fresh fruits and vegetables for distribution.
- Successfully managed cash flow, customers’ satisfaction with quality products, and strict adherence to regulations by maintaining SOPs and FDA schedules.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 3
- Supervised two food level employees, worked closely with patrons and vendor company personnel, and prepared for all market demands.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation, accounting, production scheduling.
- Prepared weekly reports on food prep work and completed monthly financials.
- Developed a strong relationship with customers by working closely with the cashier in order to improve both customer service and sales through product selection while maintaining a confidential environment.
- Directed the purchase of new ingredients in advance to assure delivery within required time frames.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated preparation and cooking skills during three years as a pasta, salad, and sandwich chef for a large pizza chain.
- Maintained food presentation and sanitation standards during one year of employment training at the restaurant.
- Effectively handled delays, substitutions, overages, contractual terms with vendors while maintaining regulatory requirements.
- Reduced food costs by 5% within one year by implementing key procedures to increase kitchen productivity.
- Designed new menus according to regional preferences; increased sales of appetizers by 50% in six months time.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 5
- Established reputation as a high volume, quality-conscious food expeditor; received recognition from Director of Operations for efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Received salary increase based on merit; completed tasks requiring strong knowledge of warehouse and inventory logistics.
- Learned skills in physical fitness and nutrition by competing in running events.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by coordinating work involving training new employees.
- Maintained a sense of balance through out the job by participating in religious activities outside of work.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 6
- Created, organized, and updated food products by customer specifications.
- Handled food safety while working independently with other employees to prepare meals; may have worked with others in a production aspect.
- Assigned various duties involving cleaning and maintenance as designated to maintain corporate facilities and equipment.
- Trained several employees concerning new procedures, policies, or problems that arise during the course of their work day.
- Established good rapport with foreign customers at international trade fairs. May have been the business contact that brought the company into the international market.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 7
- Worked with a team to handle over 1,500 tickets daily in a very busy, high-volume kitchen.
- Performed efficiently while working through two food shifts each day; attended to the needs of customers with limited supervision.
- Completed cleanup of assigned areas with little or no supervision; provided coworkers and management with a maintained organized environment for maximum efficiency.
- Exerted superb leadership by providing training to less knowledgeable coworkers; developed subordinates’ skills for an exceptional level of performance excellence.
- Met many clients’ dietary needs at a time when others would be intimidated; the relationship that was built, made customers feel at home when dining out.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 8
- Quickly implemented training program for new hires resulting in a zero error rate among staff.
- Risk Mitigation Specialist: Managed large projects to scale, handling all potentials for loss, error or failure, while minimizing exposure to company.
- Senior Management Consultant: Streamlined quality control in key food-related processes including menu design, texture and taste testing, and food preparation.
- Recruiting Guru: Directly responsible for recruitment of over three hundred employees worldwide including Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
- Developed international food programs that met the needs of diverse cultures within budget; skillfully reduced costs without sacrificing quality of meals served at U.S.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 9
- Sorted, packed, and labeled cases of food for shipment to distribution centers.
- Increased sales volume by providing training and leadership to a team of ten stores in 20 weeks.
- Diagnosed production problems in a large warehouse organization by identifying the cause(s) and finding solutions.
- Utilized strong analytical skills and initiative to improve the operations of other areas while remaining aware of opportunities for growth.
- Attended regular meetings with staff members, supervised 30 employees, and obtained continuous production improvement information from statistical reports.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 10
- Handpicked for premier assignment, expedited plate orders of top executives.
- Consistently met expectations of company president, who described me as an “exceptional employee” in a personnel review.
- Properly handled volatile and explosive situations involving customers, servers, and chefs.
- Dedicated to excellence; selected to train new employees in proper customer service techniques.
- Recognized by senior management for “cracking the code” concerning atypical requests of the company’s financial backers on quarterly meetings.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 11
- Increased sales by managing inventory assortments and eliminating overstock and outdated products.
- Met or exceeded daily service goals set by the Corporate Service Department.
- Selected from a pool of over 100 applicants, received Foodservice Professional of the Year Award for consistently achieving production standards, product quality levels, and cost objectives through increased use of technology.
- Projected a sense of urgency to all staff members in order to improve on-time delivery performance levels — recognized for consistently better on-time deliveries than other regions.
- Developed and maintained a positive customer relations program that recognized the importance of customer satisfaction.
Food Expeditor Resume Sample 12
- In charge of purchasing, receiving, and analyzing inventory for a small retail establishment.
- Assisted in coordinating family members in the preparation of 50,000 pounds of meat per week for a large local supplier.
- Ruled with iron fist as self-proclaimed “Food God” for the past ten years ensuring that at least one billion meals are prepared on every shift by local staff.
- Organized, scheduled and supervised over three hundred employees with complete knowledge of all production functions.
- Oversaw all food operations from raw materials to packaging; used superior organizational skills and management to plan efficient operations without sacrificing quality or safety.
To be a Food Expeditor, you need a high school diploma or GED and previous restaurant experience. Skills required include good communication skills, time management, ability to lead and promote efficiency, ability to memorize the entire menu, and multi-tasking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.