Administrative Support members provide support to the employees of a company by handling tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive. Their duties include preparing reports, preparing presentations, organizing meetings and appointments, maintaining contact lists, developing and maintaining a filing system, ordering office supplies, booking travel arrangements.
To work as an Administrative Support member you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Administrative Support members must be proficient in Microsoft Word, be great professionals, have a high-degree of attention to detail, have great verbal and communication skills, be very good typists, be able to multitask, be able to work in a team environment, be discrete and have great problem-solving skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Administrative Support Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Administrative Support resumes for your reference.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated abilities to establish, maintain and update filing systems.
- Responded to the specific needs of the public by offering alternatives for scheduling appointments at a Federal agency.
- Provided administrative support through typing, proofreading, managing correspondence as well as maintaining records and databases using Microsoft Excel and Access software.
- Managed day-to-day operations of a busy reception area which required prioritizing tasks with competing deadlines while providing information to visitors.
- Effectively supported department staff by proofreading legal documents on complex topics including antitrust laws, trade treaties, international terms of services, human rights statutes and immigration law. Participated in cross-training programs covering multiple aspects of the work performed by the division.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 2
- Integrated and transcribed elements of an online training manual from PowerPoint into a self-published digital book.
- Copied, organized, filed, and helped restock office supply rooms.
- Handled accounts payable processes for incoming invoices to ensure timely payments without error or delay.
- Provided administrative support to executive leadership team ensuring operational excellence while adhering to company’s core values.
- Completed documentation for all sales commissions by compiling relevant sales data to provide information for compensation plan distribution.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 3
- Provided general administrative support including filing, mail distribution, and inventory of office supplies.
- Trained on proper use of telephone equipment to the full completion of courses in telecommunications management.
- Created new automated system for entering data into spreadsheet to increase productivity; recognized by supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Varied responsibilities included assisting with production scheduling, organizing human resources department files, and managing equipment inventories.
- Collaborated with top-level management team to develop 8-year strategic plan that increased clientele sales by 15% within 5 years.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed and updated personnel files, policy manuals, and medical records within a litigation support department.
- Provide support to administrative staff by arranging conference calls for the International Director.
- Provided technical assistance to Area Directors in Latin America to improve their management practices.
- Exceeded productivity targets during year-end time frame by processing 500+ accounts within an hour of deadline.
- Responded quickly to ad hoc requests from sales team members; e.g., scheduling meetings, forwarding travel expense reports, sending contracts via FedEx/email.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 5
- Reviewed, organized, and analyzed company equipment inventories in compliance with federal regulations.
- Prepared invitations to formal business gatherings for conference guests and board members.
- Assisted in research of a new targeted market that resulted in a 30% increase of sales revenue.
- Promoted from Office Assistant II after successfully coordinating all office functions for Chief Operating Officer during his absence following surgery.
- Collaborated with other department heads to streamline the divisional information system. Designed an effective document control system which increased efficiency by 75%.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 6
- Supported executives in all aspects of office management.
- Provided exceptional customer service to office visitors, clients, and associates.
- Handled high-priority requests with precision and accuracy within the 3 minute timeframe.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding performance through year end bonus program based upon process improvements and overall departmental efficiency.
- Contributed to company’s success by managing key accounts while minimizing sales time on the phone due to extensive internal communication between departments.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 7
- Increased office efficiency by 15% through improved filing, record keeping and processing procedures.
- Provided exceptional customer service to over 100 customers by managing incoming phone calls, accurately inputting data into computer database, fulfilling requests for information and materials, and providing direction on how to perform work tasks.
- Administered process of prioritizing, routing and following up on new business that came from lead follow-up system.
- Administered resources within budget guidelines while ensuring proper security was provided in the areas of records management, access control to electronic systems, telecommunications administration and physical facility controls.
- Managed a 3 million dollar annual operating budget with responsibility for all procurement actions; responsible for the re-acquisition of short and long term inventory; completed year end close process for multiple divisions.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 8
- Oversee administrative support for 50-employee office.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/packages for a large department, up to 70 items on some days.
- Plan travel arrangements for multiple executives including flight schedules, hotel accommodations, rental cars and ground transportation, meal reservations…
- Greeted guests in professional manner; scheduled appointments and edited meeting minutes.
- Assisted 3 employees with PC troubleshooting of 20+ personal computers running MS Office applications (Word, Outlook), MS Access database utility program, QuickBooks accounting package software.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 9
- Created a new filing system for over 40 Active Class A Uniform Commercial Code Filings.
- Mastered a variety of Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Acted as the sole liaison between overseas department stores and American wholesale suppliers by translating foreign documents into English.
- Promoted from Administrative Assistant to Receptionist after ten months of excellent performance in the company’s New York City headquarters.
- Proactively managed vendor relationships with top-level vendors such as Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, and Builders Square by ensuring timely order fulfillment and increasing inventory accuracy to 98%.
Administrative Support Resume Sample 10
- Supported a team of 40+ men and women in the efficient group effort of ensuring data integrity, production, and accuracy.
- Achieved excellence in customer service by providing exceptional administrative support to customers via telephone, email, fax, and mail correspondence.
- Performed duties necessary to ensure proper production including proofreading, editing work appropriately for final printing.
- Initiated appropriate follow-up actions on submitted reports or forms through a collaborative process with personnel from various operating departments.
- Enhanced business growth by generating vast amounts of marketing print materials; organized vast amounts of marketing print materials for distribution over time intervals.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.