A Social Media Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and support of a company’s social media pages. Their duties include increasing the company exposure through social media, creating marketing strategies, supervising all social media interactions, creating more and more followers, and using analytical tools to ensure progress.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Social Media Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Social Media Director resumes for your reference.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 1
- Administered company social media pages to promote business, increase brand recognition, and drive traffic to company websites.
- Collaborated with Internet Marketing team to conceive, design, engineer, and launch original social media campaign that generated over 700 new followers for the company’s twitter account by utilizing unique hashtag and geo-location technologies.
- Coordinated with corporate marketing department and Information Technology to redesign website and integrate social media into primary website navigation.
- Actively engaged 1,600 followers through consistent tweets using a consistent tone of voice; promoted sales through consistent daily tweets during non-sales hours; developed creative content such as animated gifs and videos.
- Provided daily updates on the website as it went through a redesign and re-launch.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 2
- Directed and edited promotion and design, as well as created custom graphics for social media channels.
- Designed and directed promotional videos for corporate clients, including State Farm, Express Scripts, American Family Insurance and H-E-B.
- Influenced and directed content creation process through social media strategies, branding and design.
- Administered the YouTube channel with the help of Video Design team. Video team directed content creation process through strategic social media strategy. Video team directed branding efforts for YouTube channel. Social Media team’s website was redesigned to focus on keywords that would generate more views to their videos. Made sure that their website is accessible by all mobile devices through responsive design.
- Created new channels to capture target demographics for a variety of brands. Created a Snapchat account to reach the 18-35 demographic for a number of our clients.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 3
- Earned recognition for creative media achievement in music industry. Wrote, directed, and produced four music videos in collaboration with independent artists.
- Advanced social media network growth by 200 percent in six months; generated traffic to company’s website through photos and blog entries posted on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Myspace.
- Helped create five million dollar revenue increase by creating social media ad campaign through Google Adwords; generated online sales to customers within targeted demographic group.
- Created buzz around product launch event with innovative viral marketing strategies; enhanced sales data of marketed products through innovative promotions on social networks worldwide.
- Achieved awards for marketing success from professional marketing associations.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 4
- Created editorial content that was aligned with the organization’s social media strategy.
- Generated hundreds of comments for a variety of social media platforms.
- Increased the timing and frequency of company social media postings, which resulted in a 12% increase in traffic from monthly visitors to their website.
- Achieved a promotion within the organization’s social media team, yielding an opportunity for greater responsibilities and recognition within the department.
- Developed deeper relationships with organizations and individuals through increased communication on social media platforms, resulting in deeper brand awareness and sales opportunities.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented social media campaign to reach audience, increased website traffic, and resulted in significant increase in web presence.
- Updated and maintained social media accounts; conducted semi-annual audits for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; represented company on Jay Leno’s show.
- Developed and instructed team in Facebook analytics and Twitter duties; conducted internal help desk to monitor and respond to questions posed by company clients through social media; drafted social media guidelines for employees.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously; implemented new content management system with hand-inherited database structure with minimal downtime.
- Participated in daily production meetings; reviewed post-production to identify areas of improvement.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 6
- Delivered thousands of customers to prospective clients through social media, including Twitter.
- Increased fan base of Facebook page followers by 400% in three months; developed long-term plans to increase market share.
- Lead team of four workers handling twenty-five social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Reddit to increase brand awareness and sell products to potentials customers.
- Established working relationships with key social media influencers who did flat rate work for six brands I did publicity work for to improve the series’ overall reach on all platforms.
- Monitored personal accounts for accuracy linked with brand accounts to send out referral traffic.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 7
- Achieved the maximum number of fans, likes, and followers for a company’s Facebook page; attracted more than 30,000 total fans in less than 6 months.
- Amassed the largest following for an individual’s Twitter feed; gained national media exposure.
- Created viral campaigns that projected an organization’s message to more than 2 billion people in one week; received numerous awards for promotion excellence.
- Managed all publicly-facing content on four websites; increased revenue, creditability, and stock price of company by 400%.
- Cultivated online group membership to 50,000 members who supported causes internationally.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 8
- Analyzed Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Bing, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and MySpace social media sites to design total online marketing plan for small business.
- Strategized the placement of paid advertisements on social media sites using all available networks.
- Wrote web promotion copy that resulted in a 123% increase in website traffic.
- Established links between self-help book sales and online book reviews to increase sales by 49% in less than one year.
- Recognized within the company for the growth in clientele and sales at a rate of 10% over previous year.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 9
- Implemented and managed social media strategy for new and profitably expanding businesses.
- Handled public relations crisis management by responding to Internet, news reports, and social media negative comments about a company.
- Established new products as #1 products on the market by implementing social media strategies such as Google Adwords, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook marketing.
- Increased productivity for partnering companies with a return on investment of over 500% in one year’s time.
- Established a strong online presence for a small company within one month of launching online forum, message board forums with over 50 global users per day.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 10
- Effectively created and implemented social media strategies and tactics for a $12 million company.
- Established collaborative relationships with communications research groups and utilized their findings to improve the social media strategy.
- Coordinated social media strategy with targeted online content to engage global listeners.
- Enhanced efficiency of customer service ticketing system by pairing it with the company’s social media system.
- Launched company-wide advertising campaign centered upon digital technology and integrating its use into the sales process.
Social Media Director Resume Sample 11
- Evaluated the effectiveness of over two hundred social media campaigns to develop promotional strategies.
- Managed interactive forums for clientele, increasing online reader base by over 30%.
- Discovered topics trending among audiences; tracked popularity, comments, and use of sponsored ad campaigns.
- Oversaw integration of social media with websites to generate click-throughs; increased website traffic via social media by 133% within six months.
- Increased press coverage of clients’ promotional events through Facebook and Twitter posts.
To work as a Social Media Director, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, or a related field. A Social Media Director must be proficient in multi-social posting programs, very strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft and Adobe, SEO knowledge and internet ranking, understanding of marketing strategies, management, and supervisory skills, skilled in determining the target audience, and superb attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.