An economics teacher teaches high school students the basics of economics. Duties include preparing lesson plans to teach topics like competition in the marketplace, profit and loss, supply and demand; delivering instruction, evaluating student understanding, providing extra instruction for some students, and conferring with parents.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Economics Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Economics Teacher resumes for your reference.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Instructed economics and research skills to college students; preparing them for future employment in financial services and government.
- Implemented innovative methods to increase awareness and enhance end-of-course test results; created an atmosphere conducive to learning that encouraged student-teacher interaction.
- Redesigned curriculum to meet National Standards, effectively increasing scores on standardized tests.
- Handled student inquiries with expertise as a mentor/advisor, increasing retention rates for the department through the use of effective time management.
- Invented a quadruple-dip ice cream sundae that received a patent from the U.S.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Performed an in-depth, comprehensive analysis of the current economic climate, including unemployment, depletion of natural resources, depression, taxation problems, and financial institutions.
- Developed plans to increase the rate of economic growth by introducing new technologies for energy conservation and production.
- Wrote a comprehensive plan for business revitalization in downtown areas.
- Lectured on economics at local colleges and community centers.
- Lectured on economics at the local community center.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Evaluated student progress and prepared reports that assisted in the development of curriculum and increased test scores for Econ 1 from 85 to 93 from ’99-’00.
- Developed a variety of innovative teaching tools for Econ 101, including software tutorials, benchmark tests, and a matching exercise for the supply-and-demand market model.
- Assisted students in developing problem-solving skills through work with microcomputers to create programs that simulated business scenarios.
- Developed a Curriculum-based Curriculum based on New York State teaching guidelines.
- Authored a variety of materials for use in Econ 100 including lecture notes, homework assignments, and review quizzes
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Prepared students for the National Economics Challenge, a national competition that assists students in learning the fundamental concepts of economics through competition. In 1997, my team finished as finalists in National Competition.
- Developed curriculum for high school level macroeconomics course as a teaching assistant. Developed several tutorials to assist with understanding particular macroeconomic concepts.
- Coordinated tutoring sessions with fellow teaching assistants and tutors to enable students to complete course successfully. Achieved 100% pass rate on the final exam, which was higher than average student pass rate on the final exam for past years under an old instructor who had retired.
- Received outstanding scholarship for being a top-performing Economics teacher for quality of instruction.
- Outstanding customer service award to be recognized by the students due to active participation in tutoring sessions and offering additional assistance to students who are struggling with their courses.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated a strong aptitude for teaching and acquiring new skills from being transferred from a charter school to a title one school.
- Traveled to 37 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada teaching at various grades levels.
- Earned award for excellence in teaching from the Pennsylvania School Boards Association for the achievement of student scores on the reading achievement test.
- Received award for outstanding teacher from the Philadelphia City School District.
- Received outstanding teacher award from the American Federation of Teachers/Philadelphia-Delaware AFL-CIO district council 13.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Increased student enrollment by 10% for my annual Economics Summer Scholars Program by securing on-campus support from the college’s HR department.
- Earned the Principal’s Award for Excellence in Economic Education teaching after demonstrating superior performance by J.P. Morgan Chase Bank.
- Granted additional hours to coach the girls’ softball team after establishing a workout schedule that increased team speed and batting averages by 10%.
- Awarded “Best of the Best” honor for an outstanding faculty member at the state conference, where I was recognized as an educational leader who served on three different committees related to improving teacher retention rates.
- Awarded finalist status in the city’s PTA Council elections.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Assigned and graded daily and weekly homework; communicated with students to resolve difficulties.
- Achieved award for teaching excellence; developed curriculum and presented courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and international economics.
- Recognized for ability to effectively assist students with special learning needs; successfully completed special training to familiarize me with the needs of students who learn differently.
- Received recognition for excellence in teaching; effectively created learning activities while supporting other faculty members.
- Developed curriculum while also successfully teaching five upper-level economics courses; developed weekly lesson plans while adhering to department guidelines.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Developed a new economics curriculum that increased enrollment by more than 20 percent.
- Created a student-teaching portfolio that used current economic issues to stimulate critical thinking and analysis.
- Encouraged the school’s faculty to incorporate computer technology into lessons, thereby increasing student involvement, self-esteem, and grades.
- Developed a successful fundraising program for the school scholarship fund; netted enough funds to nearly double the amount available for scholarships.
- Received an award from the Dean for outstanding performance during my first year of teaching.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Adept at research skills; utilized data gathering methods to support student assignments.
- Revised history curriculum including the American Revolution, The Federalist Papers, and Reconstruction.
- Collaborated with faculty on topics such as U.S. History from 1865-1870 and from 1877-1898, as well as the taxonomy of slavery in the United States.
- Demonstrated integrity by adhering to local and state rules on classroom discussions of controversial subjects during a state-mandated course centered on the U.S. Civil War on how slavery was a catalyst for secession & war for states’ rights movement throughout the South.
- Received distinguished teaching award; influenced students in high school to pursue careers in education or business.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Teaches economics at the high school level to diverse and diverse students by applying enrichment and remedial techniques to reach various student levels.
- Developed lesson plans that effectively demonstrated economic concepts and practices; also developed unit tests for students.
- Assisted students with an understanding of mathematical concepts and provided more opportunities for them to be successful.
- Provided online instruction about the Federal Reserve System so that everyone could learn about the United Nations’ principles of international trade, money, and banking.
- Provided instruction about the two Federal Reserve System so that everyone could understand how monetary policy affects international trade, business cycles, wages, prices, and interest rates on home mortgages and car loans.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Taught economics for nearly 20 years.
- Filled personal introduction gaps with students to ease transfer into the class.
- Maintained a collaborative, respectful atmosphere in which students felt comfortable discussing all aspects of their lives.
- Encouraged students to be active participants in their educational experiences.
- Recruited and supervised a teaching assistant for a year-long course, who provided a great deal of assistance in teaching while providing strategies for increasing student interest and energy level.
Economics Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Increased the attendance grade of each member of my class to a B or higher.
- Showed many examples of oral, written, and practical skills in the classroom by using Thomas Kuhn’s “The Structure of Scientific Revolutions”.
- Created a learning community through our learning unit. Incorporated this idea in each unit.
- Increased students’ knowledge of math concepts including linear algebra, geometry, statistics, physics, chemistry, and economics.
- Granted “Advanced Topics” in economics to prospective teachers for personal benefits in the future.
To work as an economics teacher you must earn a bachelor’s degree in education with an emphasis on economics. To be an effective economics teacher you must be able to relate to teenagers, develop relationships with parents and administrators, have extreme patience, strong instructional skills, and excellent math skills, computer skills, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.