An SEO Consultant is tasked with working with website owners to ensure that sites have maximum outreach. Their duties are staying up to date with industry trends, keyword research, optimize website content, work on a website to ensure SEO requirements are met, analyze data, and research competitors.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best SEO Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real SEO Consultant resumes for your reference.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Earned rating of top 10 percent employee for thought leadership and sharing of best practices with colleagues; presented innovative ideas related to improving website rankings on search engines.
- Delivered a presentation at a national conference, Netcon, based on expanding the use of social media within the banking industry and increasing customer retention through enhanced customer service.
- Participated in strategic planning process involving executive department heads that resulted in partnering with Google; helped develop an action plan that led to success in obtaining high rankings on search engines.
- An orchestrated strategic meeting between web development team leader and Google representative that led to an agreement regarding protocol used by sites owned by the bank to improve ranking.
- Participated in the web development team’s strategic planning process; ensured that the use of search engines was incorporated into the strategic plan.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Reviewed and updated websites, blogs, and news articles for current projects including Google, BlackHatWorld.com, Keyword Corporation, and Yahoo!
- Updated keyword database to include a reasonable number of terms corresponding to link pages as well as website content.
- Created various types of links for content on the website; presented appropriate links for inclusion in relevant web pages.
- Reviewed targeted keywords; collected data to determine search results ranking according to algorithm logic.
- Evaluated keywords selected on relevance to search engine criteria and ranking; updated articles as needed.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Developed SEO campaigns for target clients; created content that delivered maximum exposure to the website.
- On-boarded new client accounts, consistently achieved monthly numbers of qualified leads while adhering to resolver’s procedures and policies.
- Delivered superior knowledge and skills required to be a top producer; adhered to guidelines for client accounts.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from clients who had applied for a loan; effectively compiled data related to loan applications.
- Win a competition against other consultants in the field; presented on the company’s social media platforms and achieved a high quantity of views.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Implemented SEO strategies to improve the site’s visibility on search engines.
- Created social media profiles in Google+ and Twitter; gained more than 1000 followers in each account.
- Tested the website’s SEO efficiency through comparative analysis with competitors’ websites; conducted research on major search engines to discover their algorithms, ranking parameters, and crawler algorithms.
- Managed multiple social media accounts under a single domain name (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) while dealing with poor user experience on each of the platforms; established effective means of monitoring performance and trends across all social channels while comparing results to those from previous months or quarters.
- Received excellent performance review.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Picked up an account within the first month on the job.
- Created a business plan targeted to a specific industry and succeeded in helping them achieve their marketing goals.
- Achieved top rankings for client websites; effectively measured results and improved on ways of operating to benefit clients further.
- Performed intensive keyword research to determine what search engine optimization strategies would benefit clients the most.
- Achieved award for being an effective consultant by consistently producing high-quality work and exceeding clients’ expectations by encouraging participation in innovative marketing strategies.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Developed Web sites for clients; researched and developed new technology to improve the website (s) for their needs.
- Showcased current employer’s product on the website; effectively organized, maintained, and updated content.
- Utilized customer service skills to maintain effective communication with clients.
- Actively used the Internet to research current industry trends and strategies.
- Performed research on search engine optimization techniques to ensure that client’s website ranked high in the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, MSN, etc.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed and researched websites for target keyword placements for inclusion in client’s online catalog.
- Helped clients with product placement on search engines. Created and distributed weekly keyword reports.
- Effective communicator with clients; recommended appropriate keywords based on client’s field of expertise.
- Attained recognition as a new account specialist; resolved client concerns and offered advice to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Trained customer service representatives to effectively assist customers who called about SEO services.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Developed and implemented SEO strategies for clients based on the needs of each individual company.
- Created new accounts for a client in more than 30 days; identified potential clients and sold services to those companies.
- Helped secure a client within 12 months of signing on as a consultant by holding several meetings with the client to discuss how SEO could be used to promote their business.
- Achieved award as a winning SEO consultant due to excellent results that were provided by the company in relation to improving their rankings in search engines.
- Received recognition of SEO Manager of the Quarter; helped secure partnership with WorldWide Web Consortium (W3C).
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented SEO practices for a non-profit organization, resulting in a 35% increase in online traffic to the website.
- Created a new, more effective digital marketing campaign that increased the number of website visits by 60%.
- Assisted a company in launching their new organization; developed and implemented a sustainable marketing plan.
- Developed, produced, and published multimedia content for a non-profit organization’s website, resulting in page views greater than 1.2M per month.
- Achieved award for increasing online traffic to the website with an increase of 25%.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Increased search engine rank of client sites and tracked keyword rankings.
- Created a highly targeted campaign that achieved impressive results.
- Handled multiple campaigns ranging from social media and search engine optimization to online marketing and reputation management.
- Won best practice award for creating unique, attractive websites and managing social networking presence of client’s brand name.
- Received outstanding quality award for effectively managing team members, clients, and contracts.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Co-authored a white paper that ranks high in Google’s search engine for the phrase “housing market.”
- Defined and tracked the impact of each marketing campaign on Google’s search engine rank.
- Recognized as an SEO expert by clients, who referred business to me.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively wrote articles on the various products I sold to consumers.
- Successfully entered into a partnership with an industry leader; providing consulting services for social media marketing and website optimization.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Achieved award for best performance with little supervision; consistently sought ways to improve efficiency.
- Effectively trained new employees on proper search engine optimization techniques and guidelines; won the award for creative contribution.
- Recognized as a team player in sales/marketing/account management department; served as “go-to” person when internal customer issues arose.
- Received recognition award for outstanding performance, sales success, and fostering professional relationships with customers.
- Gained respect of peers and supervisors; recognized as a leader among peers by demonstrating the ability to complete projects on time while maintaining attention to detail; developed positive reputation by promoting excellence in service while overcoming obstacles that sometimes hampered progress.
SEO Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive SEO campaign and growth plan for a web advertising provider.
- Assessed current site architecture, and analyzed website rankings.
- Created new marketing plans to help grow revenue through implementing search engine optimization and paid search programs.
- Generated new business by improving existing search traffic to the client’s website, utilizing websites that had previously provided proof of success that proved successful for the clients.
- Estimated and implemented new online marketing campaigns that generated new business.
To become an SEO Consultant you will need a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science, or an information technology and industry experience is needed. The skills needed for this position are technical skills, creative skills, analytical skills, communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, website design experience, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best SEO Consultant Resume Samples
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 1
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 2
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 3
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 4
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 5
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 6
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 7
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 8
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 9
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 10
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 11
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 12
- SEO Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up