Café Managers are supervisors in the café and restaurant industry who manage the front house staff and assist when guests arrive through the completion of their meal. Duties include hiring and training of staff, scheduling, answering phones, maintaining supplies and cleanliness of the seating area, and resolving customer complaints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cafe Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cafe Manager resumes for your reference.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed 5 employees; hired, trained, and developed employees.
- Recognized for outstanding leadership and management work by introducing and enforcing new policies and procedures.
- Participated in a team-building event held at the corporate office; recognized by the Vice President of Operations as an exceptional employee who exceeded expectations, exceeding staff retention goals 3 years in a row.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 2
- Reduced employee turnover by 40% and increased sales by 30% over the same quarter last year.
- Provided exemplary leadership to staff and successfully completed the management training program.
- Rehabilitated dining room after installing new flooring, wallpaper, and lighting fixtures.
- Earned praise from colleagues and customers for securing a silent auction donation that raised $5,000 for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for a Life fundraiser.
- Recognized as an up-and-coming leader in my field; critical role in streamlining operations and improving the efficiency of company point of sale system; customer satisfaction ratings significantly higher than before the implementation of the new system.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed several cafe departments for one of the largest restaurant chains in the world.
- Actively mentored 10 new employees through an orientation program that led to several high-ranking employees within the company.
- Developed a system for controlling labor costs that was noted as an industry best practice by upper management and which is still used today by other managers.
- Implemented a beverage preparation program that won the “Best Beverage Program” award from upper management and has been used as a model by other locations to this day.
- Worked with the district manager to establish a training program that exceeded customer satisfaction ratings which resulted in an increase in beverage sales and reduction of operational costs.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 4
- Increased customer satisfaction and sales by 20%.
- Managed a team of six staff members and created a positive working environment; conducted quarterly meetings to ensure employees were trained and motivated.
- Developed a marketing plan for year-round usage; oversaw the planning, design, and implementation of 3-holiday promotional events (Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day).
- Run cafe without sacrificing the needs of customers; created a winning team that met productivity standards and exceeded customer service surveys.
- Ordered and maintained inventory in a timely manner; developed a system that encouraged suppliers to deliver supplies in a timely, efficient manner.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 5
- Organized comprehensive staff management system; created a weekly “Weekly Task” spreadsheet for employees.
- Communicated with organizational leadership to resolve staff issues and concerns.
- Maintained schedule and managed the daily activities of a 15-hour shift staff.daily budget for staff by creating an Excel macro to calculate staff’s gross sales.
- Recruited, screened, and trained all employees; created employee performance appraisal system by creating data tables in Excel.
- Created and implemented a systems for paying employees daily and weekly through the use of an Excel spreadsheet system.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 6
- Maintained payroll for hourly employees at paying standards set by the state. Approved all-time cards.
- Made recommendations to management regarding equipment needs and upgrades. Positioned the restaurant for success through strategic planning, effective scheduling, and inventory control.
- Managed catering for overflow, increased demand, and increased revenue; served as a liaison between client base and the restaurant.
- Positively impacted customer satisfaction through effective conflict resolution, providing accurate information at all times, and providing spirits education to patrons.
- Wrote grant applications to secure funding for kitchen renovations; gained approval for grant request.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 7
- Trained and managed a kitchen staff of 15 to achieve the highest level of operations within Starbucks Coffee Company.
- Effectively managed, trained, and compensated kitchen staff members to perform various duties including the following: cooking food items, preparing coffee drinks, cleaning equipment, organizing storage areas.
- Developed I-Cafe’s largest grossing store within three months by maximizing 4 hours of daily customer traffic by focusing on customer needs.
- Managed 4 independently owned I-Cafes located in Chicago area malls targeting local, business, and convention traffic.
- Managed the I-Cafe located in an airport terminal servicing passengers, airport employees, and airline crews.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 8
- Served as the backup supervisor when my supervisor was out of town.
- Coordinated with caterers for the preparation of all food, ensuring that the proper foods were served at the proper times of the day.
- Increased revenue, profitability, and guest satisfaction by identifying pain points and addressing them.
- Managed store hours so that store remained open until closing time while adhering to company policies regarding closing time.
- Improved employee retention by creating an atmosphere that provided training opportunities, resulting in increased employee satisfaction.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed two cafes without a full-time supervisor or manager, in a highly seasonal industry. Convinced owner to carry replacement stock in order to maintain inventory and prevent losses.
- Developed employee incentives by providing superior food and beverage offerings to employees, which increased customer satisfaction ratings through increased profits.
- Effectively managed the cash flow of the business by managing daily cash receipts and reducing operating expenses by implementing a system of bank deposits.
- Invented new menu items, which included product development related to bakery items, with minimal additional compensation from the business owner until product development was complete.
- Retained existing base of loyal customers who returned to the business on a consistent basis, thereby earning profits for the business owner.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 10
- Successfully created an effective team environment by assigning duties and balancing workloads.
- Selected to train new employees for the department.
- Accurately prepared food products for customers, delivered orders on time and monitored the cleanliness of kitchen equipment.
- Achieved awards for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had ordered food trays.
- Graduated at the top of my class with a 4.0 GPA out of a class size of 30 individuals.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 11
- Delivered service excellence to customers.
- Sought to understand customers’ needs and worked to exceed their expectations.
- Maintained a clean, safe place of business by enforcing standards of maintenance and safety.
- Recognized for accomplishments as a sales motivator; provided incentive awards that resulted in sales increases of more than 15%.
- Managed a team of 20 staff members who studied Spanish, led tours to Mexico and contributed toward volunteer work at a local orphanage.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 12
- Earned recognition for outstanding performance from the CEO by managing the Cafe department in a timely, effective, and efficient manner.
- Successfully created a well-organized menu to increase profitability.
- Effectively identified operational processes that needed improvement by communicating with employees and developing training programs.
- Reviewed payroll records to identify any errors in paychecks, benefits packages, or tax withholdings.
- Increased overall department profit margin by implementing a new processing system for customer payments.
Cafe Manager Resume Sample 13
- Achieved number 1 sales ranking for the period ending August 30, 2014, out of all cafes in the Greater Lansing area.
- Trained staff in proper cleaning and sanitation techniques.
- Led team of 15 employees in customer satisfaction survey responses displaying the highest score of all cafes in the county.
- Awarded employee of the month for October 2014 based on customer feedback from surveys from each department in the cafe.
- Decreased number of restroom violations by 51% due to employee training.
Though there is no specific degree requirements cash handling experience and a background in hospitality or food service is often looked for. Café Managers should have leadership skills, excellent communication, basic computer skills, professional attire, time management skills, ability to multitask, team building skills, and be able to prioritize and delegate tasks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Cafe Manager Resume Samples
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 1
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 2
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 3
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 4
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 5
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 6
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 7
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 8
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 9
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 10
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 11
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 12
- Cafe Manager Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up