An automation test engineer helps to create and implement a testing infrastructure to test the performance of a product be it hardware or software. Their duties include writing testing codes, coordinating with product teams, conducting manual or automated tests, drafting reports on results, consulting on improvement recommendations and ensuring compliance with best practices.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Automation Test Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Automation Test Engineer resumes for your reference.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Conducted test scripts for Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint.
- Designed automated test scripts for MS Access, MS Outlook, and SQL server to be used by non-technical employees.
- Developed User Interface Test Specification templates for use by team members.
- Used methodologies to develop test strategies which included the creation of detailed test plans.
- Implemented test plans through the execution of manual tests against development releases or “bleeding edge” builds.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Assigned to test the accuracy of new imaging equipment.
- Analyzed over 15,000 images to determine the feasibility of software automation, reducing errors by 85%.
- Tested 16 cameras for resolution and light sensitivity; completed testing two days ahead of schedule.
- Developed new system for paperless medical records; saved health care company $500,000 in first year of use.
- Implemented automated documents using XML standards; increased productivity by 30%.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Designed, developed, and tested systems for business process improvement.
- Documented automation test cases for a data warehouse environment.
- Used advanced testing tools to verify software for a large-scale application used by multiple banks in the United States.
- Outperformed my peers by providing a quality product to my customers on an accelerated schedule.
- Responded to emergency situations promptly and effectively with no negative impact on my team or project, resulting in no loss of revenue.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Utilized G test harness to implement automated testing of the entire integrated avionics system.
- Collaborated with customer and engineering team to successfully resolve faults found in the overall system.
- Worked with development team to create and debug detailed test plans and scripts for functional and regression testing.
- Designed and implemented automation framework by suite of C# .NET classes for regression testing of product features, including XML data files.
- Integrate unit test frameworks with continuous integration server using Jenkins, as well as Selenium for the web application.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Tested electronic components for signal integrity, power supply voltages, and noise immunity by using industry standard tools.
- Achieved outstanding performance ratings on assigned projects secondary to meeting deadlines for deliverables.
- Resolved customer concerns through effective communication with technical support staff, product specialists, and senior management.
- Completed assigned component test reports in a timely manner; ensured accuracy of results by employing proper diagnostic equipment.
- Efficiently modified automation scripts to eliminate defects identified during acceptance testing; decreased project completion time by eliminating roadblocks.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Performed product testing of the X-7000 system in accordance with industry standards.
- Designed automated tests to verify the performance of all aspects of the X-7000 system.
- Tested the X-7000 system for its compatibility with other third party equipment, and ensured that it met specifications.
- Achieved perfect test record on an automation project performed for a Fortune 100 company.
- Supervised four technicians through one hundred percent test coverage during two months of rigorous testing of an industrial automation software product.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Designed, installed, and maintained an automated regression test suite for a 2-million line code base; reduced manual testing time by over 70%.
- Spearheaded the automation of regression tests for a new product release; streamlined development process and expedited production schedule.
- Troubleshot and debugged automated test scripts to ensure 100% code coverage during the development phase.
- Conducted daily management and reporting of internal and external automated tests and bug tracking systems and worked closely with developers in resolving defects.
- Managed quality assurance test team through all phases of product development; increased overall software quality by 30% while reducing time to market by 6 months.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Designed and developed “Electronic Troubleshooting Guide”; ensured that troubleshooting procedures were accurate.
- Upgraded software in the field; tested the upgrades for accuracy.
- Installed data acquisition system; investigated problems with system, worked with tech support techs to resolve issues.
- Aided in automation of several existing systems; provided solutions to difficult problems encountered in testing equipment.
- Developed test strategy for multi-million dollar project, ensuring that all requirements were covered by tests and that quality was maintained throughout development lifecycle.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Designed a test program with a fault-finding supplement to ensure 100% system compatibility after the installation of a new mainframe.
- Automated a quality assurance program to reduce manual testing time by 15% and increase accuracy by 20%.
- Engineered the automated creation of test protocols for over 20,000 lines of code.
- Coordinated with programmers to design error detection and prevention coding within the software’s operational structure.
- Tested hardware for performance improvement in response time, speed, and memory.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Designed, created, and implemented a test software suite to automate the QA procedure for a variety of electronic devices.
- Coded from scratch multi-threaded programs utilizing Delphi language, Windows API, and SQL Server for data acquisition and processing.
- Installed VBScript/VB/C# as an alternate version of automated programming to accommodate various customer platforms.
- Implemented a hardware interface device under contract with a local electronics company.
- Recognized as one of the top engineers in developing a new process for robotic car assembly lines.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Led efforts to automate test scripts for company’s largest client, increasing efficiency of testing by 40% and decreasing time required to perform tests for each release by 75%.
- Designed and developed an automated testing framework for Web site, improving quality assurance results.
- Created system to analyze test results, providing increased accuracy in software defect tracking process.
- Discovered problem with existing code that caused failure of entire product line; corrected the defect and verified that it would not happen again.
- Developed automated software tool to capture data from various sources within enterprise customer network, enabling management team to make informed decisions regarding future development initiatives.
Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Mastered the art of test case design and automation; used automated testing to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Managed a team of four engineers, overseeing a project with a budget of $900K.
- Took initiative in resolving bugs reported by clients through remote access; saved company from potential loss of revenue totaling $15K per week due to system down time.
- Completed projects on time, within budget, exceeding expectations for design and functionality.
- Secured contract with largest client in industry, developing new product that won Best New Product Award from Consumer Electronics Show.
To become an automation engineer you need to have a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences and experience/certification in varying programming languages/systems e.g. Python, Go, Linux, etc. An automation test engineer must demonstrate sound knowledge of software development and security and have great problem-solving ability, critical thinking skills, communication skills, detail-orientation, client-centricity and time management ability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Automation Test Engineer Resume Samples
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Automation Test Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up