An IT Project Leader keeps employees on task from the beginning of an IT project through to the end. Duties include solving problems that arise, making sure project is done on time, managing budget, overseeing design of project, consulting with customer, assigning employees to particular jobs, preparing schedules, and managing project databases.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Project Leader Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Project Leader resumes for your reference.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 1
- Leader of IT project team restructuring and downsizing. Fostering new ideas, techniques, and processes to improve efficiency.
- Recruited and trained a team of experienced professionals in the latest emerging technologies for a leading integrated software development company.
- Directed international software development projects through the completion of the company’s vision and mission statements.
- Identified opportunities for expanding current product lines by identifying trends in technology, preparing direct market research of proposed business models, and supporting analysis with viable pricing models.
- Managed training sessions on technical computer applications to over 1,000 department personnel while leading new employee orientation program and developing job descriptions.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 2
- Dealt with complex network and software problems; delivered computer products in a timely, quality manner to clients with a limited budget for IT expenditures.
- Researched, identified, and installed the Internet software that links all computers in the school district.
- Fostered success at delivering all deadlines by contacting relevant personnel rather than by over-committing staff.
- Streamlined all project areas to ensure that they were always on schedule; maintained all correspondence in a timely manner, and released products on time without incident.
- Identified RTOs without hesitation and steered them to the proper person who could help before any task fell behind schedule.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 3
- Co-produced and lead implementation of three separate groups of IT Program managers.
- Brought together diverse and often ill-fitting organizations to focus on data, standardization, and process controls.
- Trained employees to understand, appropriately use, and assemble the various system components.
- Accomplished project schedule by an order of magnitude; prepared staff for 60+% increase in workload while maintaining quality and integrity in system design.
- Instilled pride in the organization’s mission and personnel through structured processes and standards.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 4
- Leaded a project to increase customer billing efficiency by 30% in one month; the project was recognized by upper-level management and the client.
- Assumed a project of three teams to coordinate projects with other departments; developed positive relationships between the customer and the vendor, company, and our department.
- Developed processes for handling projects that increased productivity by 9% after it was implemented citywide; redesigned organizational chart to accommodate and compensate personnel properly in order to improve effectiveness.
- Lead a project that was completed within budget; maintained excellent customer relations while providing quality service according to State regulations.
- Revised department hiring process to eliminate unnecessary expenses; developed a strategy to improve workforce productivity.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 5
- Established a project and implemented an IT infrastructure that ensured the reliability, availability, and affordability of computer systems.
- Managed the deployment of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) System in collaboration with a local healthcare system.
- Built and updated highly complex software including integrations with multiple vendors and platforms continuously to ensure data accuracy and security.
- Assessed risk, budgeted resources conservatively, generated vendor quotes, implemented recommendations, and performed project management.
- Earned recognition for accomplishing tight deadlines leaving me time to fulfill family commitments; demonstrated growth in technical skills while maintaining professional standards of excellence.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 6
- Managed a project team to improve information processes for marketing, accounting, and human resources.
- Allocated time, labor, and money in accordance with the project vision and company goals.
- Achieved a smooth transition of old systems into new ones.
- Established timetables for daily, weekly, monthly activities by refining and documenting processes over a six-month period.
- Completed original design concepts by updating procedural documents while training users on all aspects of complex software packages.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 7
- Installed, tuned up, and repaired computer equipment for interior and exterior businesses.
- Maintained multiple servers & network systems; provided telephone support for home and office; designed logo & website for business.
- Created software to recover data from damaged storage media; tested programs to be sure they functioned correctly.
- Mentored new employees to use computers in the simplest way possible. Respectively ran a closed-door mock interview with them in order to assist them in preparation for their first time experiences with a computer.
- Critically evaluated and improved upon time-tracking software.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 8
- Given final approval for system authorization, application programming, and infrastructure integration.
- Maintained security awareness of project team by regularly performing outreach to ‘help desk’ personnel and programmers to resolve questions or problems.
- Established framework for system security with managed the project’s information systems security plan.
- Offered information technology resources to increase overall efficiency while reducing cost.
- Assessed the technical needs of various departments in order to set right priorities and allocate resources.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 9
- Collaborated with project manager, business analyst, and developers to develop codes for order entry system.
- Realized 100% completion of all assigned tasks during the first quarter on job; praised by project manager.
- Achieved 80% completion of all assigned tasks as determined by project manager during second quarter on job.
- Acted as liaison between developers, testers and PM; listed for outstanding performance by PM.
- Corrected developer mistakes to regain project schedule; listed for outstanding performance by PM in quarterly review meeting.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 10
- Supported the daily operations of a company, working with integrated networks, hardware, and software.
- To keep existing systems functional, established multiple external lines of communication with multiple vendors.
- Analyzed customer needs, applied new technology to meet those needs, and standardized all system processes.
- Created a web mapping application for management/supervising purposes in addition to its use by a client as an e-commerce tool.
- Ensured backup of data when two internal servers were compromised simultaneously; recovered data on one server within thirty minutes of intrusion alarm activation.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 11
- Installed and maintained computer networks with over 40 computers in a small office environment.
- Created and led IT projects seeking to improve on past programming experiences.
- Researched best practices for applying technology solutions to business needs.
- Recognized for technical achievement, the award for Outstanding Performance, at annual company awards ceremony by a senior executive within the Human Resources department.
- Responsible for the technical functioning of all systems within an organization; documented, initiated, and managed large-scale projects utilizing networking software.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 12
- Effectively lead a team of six; focused on optimizing performance, customer service, and meeting goals.
- Delegated tasks and responsibilities to subordinates; organized schedules to minimize conflicts and increase productivity.
- Formed close working relationships with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Identified opportunities for improvement; developed strategies to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Established new organizational benchmarks for the company by increasing market share and minimizing costs.
IT Project Leader Resume Sample 13
- Certified as a Senior IT Project Manager; managed all phases of the project from analysis to completion.
- Accrued two years of professional experience in IT project management from the inception of the development project to implementation and completion.
- Managed projects that delivered $6.8 million in company revenue and over $12 million of net profit to the organization by eliminating wasteful expenditures and improving operating efficiency.
- Increased revenue per employee by 64% through managing projects that implemented cost-saving workflow procedures and provided 100% compliance with government regulations within six months of funding approval; recognized as top performer, achieving quota goals within 90 days.
- Led presentations, training sessions, and high-level planning sessions.
Educational requirements for an IT project leader are a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT project management, but many leaders have a graduate degree. IT project leaders should demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, troubleshooting, problem resolution skills, excellent communication skills, budgeting skills and good judgement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.