Arc welders are welders that use electricity to melt metals. In the workshops, they reproduce designs from engineers, maneuver the power tools involved, follow prescribed safety guidelines, adjust machine settings to achieve varying results, report problems encountered with machinery used, document work done and perform other tasks assigned by the project team leader.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Arc Welder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Arc Welder resumes for your reference.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 1
- Appeared on the “Top 10 Best Welders in East Texas” list; won the top spot for welding skills.
- Reviewed and revised blueprints, drawings, and specifications until permeability was achieved.
- Completed multiple framing components/sections per job specification, accurately reproducing details of blueprints, drawings, and specifications.
- Recognized as “Rookie of the Year”; achieved excellent performance within the first six months on Jobsite, earning “Superstar” status.
- Achieved award for welding skills with an average of 82% on all jobs performed during one three-month period.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 2
- Completed assembly of complex electrical wiring in a timely manner.
- Achieved merit awards in the following areas: excellence in quality, production excellence, accomplishment in line production and excellent attendance.
- Recognized by the Supervisor for exceptional performance and dedication to job duties. Admitted to a local Community College as a financial aid student after being held back several times.
- Earned commendation from the owners of a large project where I met all-time and quality benchmarks. Received recognition from the Owner/Supervisor for superior performance as an Arc Weiller on the job site.
- Consistently held a position as a “Key Competency” with the organization.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 3
- Achieved proficiency as an arc welder; took on projects around the region.
- Met with architects to ensure that specifications were met with current codes.
- Delivered quality work to meet deadlines, with minimal mistakes.
- Settled claims upon request by customers, with minimal claims numbers.
- Was recognized for elite performance at the Annual Employee Awards Ceremony; received the outstanding quality award.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 4
- Performed simple to complex weld repairs for multiple customers.
- Participated in welding certifications with department, working areas of expertise including aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel.
- Completed on-time repairs on time; successfully completed 30% of assigned repairs within 5 days.
- Performed inspections on welding jobs achieving a 96% success rate for short repair.
- Completed on-time repairs on time; achieved a perfect rating and was recognized for outstanding performance.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 5
- Directed and trained crew members in the fabrication and building of custom metal products.
- Provided quality control by checking welds for accuracy and signed off on all welds.
- Recognized for outstanding service and quality workmanship by receiving the Andrew G. Carlson award for excellent work; also received the award for performing superlative welding while maintaining a high productivity standard during a period of high demands.
- Received recognition awards from clients such as Anheuser-Busch, Inc. and Pepsi-Cola Company.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively documented work that was completed, including the cost of materials and labor.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 6
- Developed an understanding of welding operations and welded construction projects.
- Received award for 100% accuracy in the completion of the assigned task, while maintaining close to 100% efficiency.
- Promoted to supervisor position after serving 14 months as “Junior Supervisor” which was the first time he has ever held a management position.
- Earned outstanding quality award; promoted to serve as the Project Manager for a new state-of-the-art welding laboratory. This facility is scheduled to open this Summer/Fall.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance; successfully developed and implemented a program for training and supervising personnel.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 7
- Took on new projects that were assigned to him.
- Delivered consistent welding of structural steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
- Received recognition for excellent welds of structural steel, testing of welds of non-structural metals for compliance with the American Welding Society Standard 932 Certification.
- Dealt with customer complaints about difficult clients who expected immediate results. Set deadlines and accomplished tasks at customer request to delivering results on time.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 8
- Actively participated in training, supervision, and mentoring of the Arc Welder; contributing to safety initiative.
- Installed all gas lines for the shop; ensuring safety in the atmosphere.
- Trained management staff on welding techniques; including pipe welding, MIG (metal inert gas), TIG (tungsten inert gas), and SMAW (Stick). Also trained on job-specific equipment operation.
- Personally began work on the site thirty minutes before the morning crew arrived; commitment to excellence in organization’s goals.
- Proactively alerted managers to equipment malfunctions; averting delays and potential safety hazards.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 9
- Established productive working relationships with tradesmen.
- Adhered to proper safety standards when operating equipment in accordance with OSHA standards, including protective filter mask when necessary.
- Achieved award for outstanding welding performance in the production of metal products.
- Assisted in maintaining production schedules to meet customer requirements based on order specifications.
- Adhered to company policy regarding scrap metal salvage and disposal requirements.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 10
- Received high marks on welding qualifications, resulting in promotions.
- Rang up backorders at a minimum of two days ahead of schedule; was recognized for outstanding welding work.
- Adhered to medical procedures; accomplished daily tasks quickly and efficiently in designated work areas.
- Completed duties assigned in a timely manner; consistently met the goals of the department by completing all job assignments in a timely manner.
- Received recognition for outstanding quality rate; received an excellent review on quality of work done with customers’ satisfaction at 88%.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 11
- Completed projects within budget and on time.
- Responsible for welding FHA, VA, & Fannie Mae loans.
- Developed a procedure to streamline the process for welding for FHA, VA, & Fannie Mae loans.
- Received an award for outstanding quality.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 12
- Recognized for outstanding contributions to a large project.
- Received individual recognition for welding successful projects to include acceptance of a completion certificate.
- Received a special accomplishment award for completing a project within the budgeted amount and meeting all construction standards.
- Recognized as an effective installation supervisor by supervisors and subordinates alike.
- Served as team leader for installation of swinging gates, including coordinating the repairs and replacements of items damaged during construction renovations.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 13
- Expertly welded steel frames for energy-efficient windows.
- Troubleshot welding problems to ensure peak performance of equipment.
- Welded steel frames for polyurethane foam insulation material.
- Welded plates to support beams.
- Welded thicker steel frames for windows which are to be installed in buildings throughout the country.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 14
- Participated in hiring activities for new positions; assisted in interviewing applicants.
- Successfully completed all aspects of welding tasks, including the layout drawing and the fabrication portion of the project.
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding inspection, balancing, and welding systems for existing projects that utilized steel framing blueprints.
- Reflexively assessed each welded joint to ensure quality, identified problems based upon visual inspection, and repaired defects based upon procedural guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; analyzed welded joints to identify problems and inaccuracies.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 15
- Performed the majority of each project’s welding needs, including design-build work.
- Hydrographed all projects for future references.
- Attained career award for achieving 95% accuracy for all welds.
- Trained new hires on the use of two different welding processes; trained welders for other employers.
- Conducted repair work on projects that involved the restoration of historic buildings.
Arc Welder Resume Sample 16
- Executed welding projects in a timely manner according to blueprint specifications.
- Trained apprentices on safety procedures and methods used when welding steel structures.
- Planned and organized projects for the construction company’s CEO; inventory of material cost savings exceeded $200,000.
- Refined welding techniques while working with Brazillian contractors; identified operational changes which increased revenue by $200,000.
- Helped build landmark structures in Southern California by designing intricate metal art sculptures; received the award for creativity in the workplace.
To work as an arc welder, you are required to have an associate degree in welding and certification by the American Welding Society. It also requires demonstration of physical strength, skills in manipulating machinery, good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, drive, strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Arc Welder Resume Samples
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 1
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 2
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 3
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 4
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 5
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 6
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 7
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 8
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 9
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 10
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 11
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 12
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 13
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 14
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 15
- Arc Welder Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up