VP of Operations are responsible for working underneath the President of an organization making decisions to ensure an organization is profitable and sustainable. Their duties include overseeing day-to-day operations, implementing strategies, managing budgets, monitoring performance, coordinating support and interviewing candidates.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best VP Of Sales Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real VP Of Sales resumes for your reference.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 1
- Oversaw a department of five people with a total annual sales volume in the mid-five figures.
- Crafted innovative solutions to increase monthly sales by 15%.
- Introduced a completely new system for better meeting customer needs and spearheading customer retention initiatives.
- Achieved 40% growth within 12 months, resulting in an increased operating budget for the following year.
- Led company in surpassing 11 years of continued success since initial inception date.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 2
- Set up and maintained sales goals for 20 representatives in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Achieved sales volume revenue of $5,000,000 in 12 months; recognized with Outstanding Sales Award by President and Board of Directors.
- Increased market share by 10% through long-term acquisitions in new territories; acquired three additional companies within six years to strengthen customer relationships.
- Built strong rapport with customers by delivering superior products on time.
- Monitored and resolved customer complaints; recognized by customers for exceptional service.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 3
- Restructured the sales department to emphasize a target, results-oriented focus.
- Managed a staff of seven and oversaw all aspects of their performance, from hiring to coaching.
- Reduced time required for daily scheduling, which allowed greater productivity within shorter deadlines.
- Recruited new members into the national accounts division, then trained them in business management practices that improved overall company revenue.
- Identified opportunities for improvement in processes through coordination with various departments throughout our organization.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 4
- Designed, implemented, and launched new product line to increase company volume by 9% in first year of marketing.
- Hired and trained professional sales staff; recognized for exceptional performance and rewarded with a 2nd-year bonus.
- Spearheaded major account attainment; recognized as the #1 producer 3 months in a row among all divisions within Southwestern Region.
- Achieved annual revenue quota ahead of schedule by implementing proactive advertising campaigns, including branding strategy through design and distribution of company catalogues.
- Coordinated promotional events after successfully negotiating reduced pricing from vendors; ranked 1st place for top sales representative within entire Western Division group at National Sales Meeting.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 5
- Led 31-member staff in reaching monthly sales goals by 15%.
- Assembled, coordinated, and supervised 20-member team to implement new customer acquisition strategy.
- Realized 28% increase in revenue per guest after implementing comprehensive sales training program.
- Secured new business with Fortune 500 companies that led to profitable long term contracts.
- Created culture of empowerment via written values statement, daily inspirational messages on company intranet, and regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports. These actions ensured employee engagement during challenging economic times for Company X.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 6
- Led the department to achieve the best sales in company history; recognized by directors for leadership and innovative sales strategies.
- Recruited, trained, and motivated four teams of sales agents; produced outstanding results.
- Recognized for developing new team performance techniques; saved company $5,000 annually through higher productivity.
- Awarded Best Agent in Sales Department 5 years in a row; supported co-workers with guidance and mentoring skills.
- Produced record revenues in six months that were exceeded only by two other departments over the entire three year period; led 25 people into temporary living quarters after work building collapsed due to gas leak.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 7
- Successfully led a team of 200 sales agents who sold over $500,000.00 in retail products for the company.
- Developed quality solutions to increase customer traffic particularly during slow nights and weekends resulting in incremental revenue growth.
- Created and implemented a new product brand by identifying and targeting untapped demographics that resulted in 20% annualized return on investment with $100,000 per year savings.
- Increased customer retention through better management processes resulting in an average of 25% annualized ROI for each customer added over the previous year’s revenue stream.
- Improved employee morale and retention by implementing flexible work schedules based on performance rather than seniority; increased volunteerism from 50% to over 80% of the workforce.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 8
- Hired, trained, and managed sales people that exceeded $17 million in revenue during the first year of operation.
- Convinced initial investors to invest $3 million into startup business by effectively presenting comprehensive plans for growth management.
- Managed multiple short-term contracts with Microsoft, Pirelli Tires USA, Harper Collins Publishing Company, The Sierra Club Books Division, and Clorox for personalized services including strategic planning sessions and training workshops.
- Received letter of commendation from David Thomson for promoting business interests through media relations; appeared on CNBC Asia as an expert on company trends related to sustainable development companies.
- Energized target audience at annual symposiums to achieve a high-level of commitment from attendees.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 9
- Increased sales of new products by 30% year over year.
- Coordinated over 40 manufacturers to achieve an overall 10% price reduction on inventory, saving the company $10 million annually in gross margin.
- Reduced manufacturing lead times by 20%, with no adverse impact on quality or customer satisfaction ratings.
- Achieved employee-of-the-month for sales staff recognition; exceeded monthly goals every month resulting in annual sales revenues exceeding $750,000 per year.
- Redefined internal processes for lead tracking and opportunity management to improve product delivery time from 3 weeks to less than 1 week.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 10
- Responsible for proper and timely completion and submission of paperwork and payments totaling $42,000,000; identified ways to reduce costs by 22% while improving accuracy of reports.
- Met with owners or managers of businesses to discuss sales opportunities; increased sales from $90,000 annually to $1.4 million annually within five years at company I founded.
- Earned the position as President of my department; was recognized for motivating employees through positive leadership during times when we had more than 30% growth in two consecutive quarters year over year.
- Improved credit card processing system so that thousands of transactions were processed within 24 hours rather than three days by signing a contract with the vendor who also researched and implemented electronic check processing.
- Presented over 100 sales presentations to prospective clients; received appreciation because of professional appearance, presentation, and ability to communicate.
VP of Sales Resume Sample 11
- Worked as the lead negotiator for a deal that generated over $2,000,000 in net profit; negotiated directly with national and international vendors.
- Effectively marketed equipment to local buyers; achieved lifetime sales of over $5,000,000.
- Initiated an innovative marketing strategy that permitted the company to realize annual gross revenues of over $20,000,000.
- Achieved recognition for achieving three consecutive years of quota fulfillment while maintaining account quality ratings at record high levels within industry standards.
- Recruited ten new sales representatives who generated almost double total sales revenue month-to-month year-to-year by participating in contests and incentive trips.
To work as a VP of Operations you’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or a related field, and supervisory experience. VP’s of Operations must demonstrate organization, leadership, flexibility, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, clear communication, problem-solving and efficiency to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.