All companies need to make sure they have the right number of employees to get the required jobs done, and this means scheduling them all so that they are on duty at the proper times and still off when they request it. A shift leader keeps track of the many different aspects of this task and ensures it is done properly.
How to Become a Successful Shift Leader?
The kind of education you require varies extensively by the location where you work, as smaller and less formal businesses will likely only want a high school diploma or GED and reliable communication while those that are more high paying will likely want a degree in a related field.
Being a shift leader means that a great deal of organization will be required to handle the individuals you supervise, as their schedules must all be laid out in a way that meets their needs as well as company needs, as too few employees is in many ways just as bad as having too many at once.
While it may be tempting to care only about the needs of the business schedule, your employees should also be an important priority. Being caring and open to their concerns will make them want to work with you, and you won’t have to worry about turnover of the employees are happy.
The careful balance between the needs of all individuals present will require you to have excellent multitasking skills in addition to being impartial to your employees, as picking favorites will make those not chosen quite bitter. Being fair and equal to everyone will make your employees motivated.
The Best Shift Leader Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Shift Leader resumes for your reference.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Responding to issues such as service inquiries, problem resolution, and retaining accounts.
- Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and discipline employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following Walgreens and OSHA safety standards and ensuring that employees under my supervision adhere to those standards as well.
- Maintenance of photo equipment, troubleshooting photo equipment malfunctions, and restoration of machines back to working condition.
- General problem solving and critical thinking such as finding solutions for customers and creating a store environment conducive to maximizing sales through merchandising activities.
- Actively mentors and coaches staff by giving employees suggestions and feedback to improve their job performance.
- Opening and closing the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems start-ups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business day.
- Completing product returns, order voids, customer refunds, cash drops to the safe, and providing change to the register as needed.
- Serving as liaison between management and non-management team members by communicating assigned tasks to team members when store management is not present.
- Provide excellent customer service via cashier position or engaging while rolling pretzels.
- Bake pretzels and call out orders while maintaining a clean store environment.
- Perform some managerial duties and assist with training of new employees as needed.
- Managed wide variety of customer service and administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Greeted customers entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
- Earned management trust by serving as key holder, responsibly opening and closing store.
- Trained and supervised staff members. Provided input for new hire performance reviews and identified areas for additional training.
- Provided excellent customer service using effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Entrusted with responsibility to record accurate daily cash records and forecasted sales, and deliver bank deposits.
- Completed the daily cash ensuring every employees drop is correct and entered the data into Radiant, brought the deposit to the bank, and retrieved rolled change.
- Handled all customer service complaints, refunds, and questions, assuring my customers were satisfied and ensuring the daily shift ran smoothly.
- Conducted weekly inventory then prepared and sent weekly Cost Analysis, also including payroll and man hours to ensure finances on are track.
- Conducted weekly order through DCP to be sure there is enough product to better serve our customers.
- Directly supervised, evaluated, and supported a team of over 15 staff members; managed the professional development and certification of the staff to ensure that all regulatory and customer service standards were met and maintained.
- Managed all general housekeeping duties to ensure safety and sanitary standards are met throughout all phases of food preparation and cooking.
- Implement all measures and actions to ensure food acceptability, safety control, and sanitation, dining facility décor, and enhancement of customer service.
- Ordered, received, stocked, and managed inventory; oversaw daily, weekly, and monthly audits of inventory to ensure accuracy in cost-control and waste control procedures to prevent shrinkage.
- Lead by example and ensure the execution of all safety, security, quality and store operations policies, while working in a fast retail environment.
- Promoted to shift manager position to recruit, train and supervise 6+ cashiers.
- Skills in interpersonal communications, teamwork, customer service, flexibility and reliability.
- Worked shifts alone, demonstrating responsibility and proven confidence of supervisors.
- Accountable for making sure that the monetary flow of revenue was accounted for.
- Provided customers with a joyful experience by creating a pleasant atmosphere.
- Responsible for making sure the store was clean and organized to attract customers.
- Assists in training employees, helping to ensure that store positions are staffed to handle Customer service needs.
- Provides needed assistance in all aspects of store and holds a key leadership role when the Store Manager is not on duty.
- Handles escalated customer concerns and emergencies in absence of the Store manager.
- Seeks appropriate resolution for the situation while observing Company guidelines.