Pastry Cooks prepare pastries and other baked goods according to standardized recipes. Their duties include baking breads and desserts, preparing ingredients for baking, following recipes, creating new recipes, safe handling of food, organizing ingredients, organizing utensils, and cleaning prep areas.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pastry Cook Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pastry Cook resumes for your reference.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 1
- Handed out slices of cake and pastries to guests at anniversary party; beautifully decorated food product using fondant, piping, and other decorations.
- Led team of two in creating commemorative wedding cake; successfully met the customer’s specifications while creating a unique design that met the bakery’s guidelines.
- Created sugar flowers for and pleated ladyfingers for the Opera Guild Tea; successfully completed the project in less than 48 hours to meet customer expectations.
- Successfully completed projects from multiple customers on time each day; helped ensure that customers’ orders were correct and delivered on schedule.
- Performed multiple duties as a cook at a top-rated restaurant in the area, including service manager and night manager; received the award for outstanding performance.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for culinary achievement; demonstrated professional excellence by developing and serving one of the most popular desserts in the dessert bar.
- Received two awards for high production and presentation skills.
- Recognized by Hospitality Executive Chef for quality contributions to the Hospitality team; developed new techniques to reduce food waste in food preparation.
- Earned an appreciation award from Hospitality Department Head; recognized by coworkers and executive chefs as a valuable member of the Hospitality team.
- Exceeded expectations; received a special recognition award from the management; worked above and beyond my job title, performing tasks that were differentiated not found in my job description.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 3
- Achieved outstanding performance for a period of four months out of a possible six months.
- Performed food preparation duties; processed, served, and managed the daily dining room service.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking by generating new products, ideas, and business concepts; utilized culinary skills to develop unique menu items.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by coaching coworkers in the cafeteria on how to present a professional image in the dining room.
- Recognized as an excellent employee of the month in March while working at a local restaurant chain; excelled on work ethic and dedication to quality customers service.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 4
- As the Pastry Cook, I set a new training record for all Southwestern students in co-operation and conduct; achieved recognition for gaining the highest marks in cooking and garnishing for rotary cutting competition.
- Along with my classmates, I joined Team Teen Leaders and won awards during Inter-hospitality & Health Service Corporation competitions.
- Achieved satisfaction award as the Pastry Cook; consistently adhered to standards in the delivery of quality food to customers.
- Received outstanding quality award as a Pastry Cook; effectively performed duties assigned by supervisors despite the chaotic environment.
- Achieved recognition as the Pastry Cook with an outstanding quality record; demonstrated commitment to excellence in serving customers.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 5
- Met cost control guidelines for assigned area.
- Stocked entire kitchen with goods for an assigned shift; accomplished without error.
- Handled customer complaints effectively, resolving issues in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Prepared one of the hospital’s top-rated soups; praised by food coordinator as a “delight to behold.”
- Measured ingredients in accordance with HACCP guidelines and FDA standards.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 6
- Prepared meal variety in accordance with cost, menu, and labor estimates.
- Delivered meals on time while maintaining good customer service skills.
- Assisted kitchen staff when needed as a team player.
- Received letter of appreciation for excellent performance and hours worked; received recommendation.
- Coordinated with kitchen staff for scheduling different tasks; ensured that all dishes were properly prepared, garnished, and presented.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 7
- Picked up and delivered multiple orders of baked goods to various clientele on a day-to-day basis.
- Founded and led the distribution team for a new product that was introduced to the local market. Responsible for researching, selecting, purchasing, and bringing in special ingredients used in preparing the product.
- Recognized as one of the top performers by the General Manager for delivering high-quality food products in a timely manner to meet customer needs.
- Linen House award; responsible for overseeing all aspects of prep work, including cutting vegetables and meal preparation, to ensure quality standards were met by all cooks.
- Certified by the American Culinary Federation as a certified food safety manager, which has allowed me to work with the local health department.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 8
- Recognized as an employee of the month; demonstrated outstanding customer service.
- Exemplified outstanding leadership skills in the emergency kitchen when a manager was not present.
- Received outstanding customer service award for providing excellent and timely customer service in a medical emergency.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership when working alongside a permanent manager to ad-lib dinner services during a temporary manager’s absence.
- Helped keep the kitchen running smoothly and effectively; worked quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 9
- Provided excellent customer service to guests and assisted with team efforts for the success of our restaurant.
- Made recommendations for improvement in areas including but not limited to training, marketing, speed of service, and tastiness of products.
- Utilized ability to work under pressure and worked on a “can do” attitude.
- Achieved award for table speed and guest satisfaction evaluations from customers who had pre-ordered; recognized by District Manager for outstanding performance.
- Earned award for a team member that achieved highest customer ranking from customers who had pre-ordered; recognized by District Manager for outstanding performance.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 10
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in assisting kitchen crew with preparation and serving of food, condiments, and beverages.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance at the front of the house as an expediter.
- Received award for outstanding performance in helping settle a dispute between a visitor who had been robbed and the owner of the property.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills by anticipating needs, anticipating problems, and identifying solutions before they occurred.
- Received award for producing 100% product, both in quality and quantity.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 11
- Resolved customer complaints by accurately repeating requests and refunding money.
- Cross-trained to serve beverages and run the cash register; acknowledged by management for outstanding performance.
- Promoted to assistant night manager after successfully supervising employees during my shift.
- Achieved outstanding quality award for following sanitation procedures, maintaining cleanliness, and organizing desserts according to an exacting inventory system.
- Translated all recipes into a uniform format so that other cooks could input recipes and train new hires.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 12
- Served as a Pastry Cook to numerous customers, ensuring that they were satisfied with each order prepared.
- Prepared meals using approved recipes; trained new hires on how to follow recipes.
- Received an award for “Outstanding Quality and Customer Service” from the Regional Director of Food Services; recognized for producing quality food in a consistent manner.
- Awarded the “Dedicated Employee” award from the Regional Director of Food Services; demonstrated outstanding effort in preparation and serving of meals.
- Received an outstanding employee award for effective leadership in the preparation of meals and attention to detail.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 13
- Achieved exceptional desserts and bread as a Pastry Cook at Hospitality. Consistent execution over the four-year period.
- Obtained excellent employee performance award; recognized by Pastry Director for high achievement in quality and efficiency.
- Earned the President’s Award for outstanding service to hospital visitors through excellent craftsmanship and dedication to Hospitality’s mission.
- Achieved award for moving from an entry-level position to an Executive Chef within 5 years; promoted by Hospitality COO corporate Executive Chef position with an annual base salary of $100,000+.
- Received excellent performance award for being one of the best sales associates at Hospitality; recognized by Regional General Manager.
Pastry Cook Resume Sample 14
- Evaluated customer requests and made recommendations.
- Resolved customer complaints; adapted calm demeanor to deal with upset customers.
- Excelled at producing desserts for special events; met sales goals for special orders of baked goods and pastries.
- Received outstanding sales award from the Director of Sales and Marketing for selling over $1,000 in pre-prepared baked goods on a cruise ship.
- Promoted to head Pastry Cook after one year of employment; created additional revenue by developing new products and event menus.
There is no educational rule, but most kitchens require previous kitchen experience while others need a Food Handlers Certification. To be successful, Pastry Cooks must work well in high stress situations, be detail oriented, communicate well, work well with others, maintain high standards of cleanliness, have good time management, and have a team mentality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Pastry Cook Resume Samples
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 1
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 2
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 3
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 4
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 5
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 6
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 7
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 8
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 9
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 10
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 11
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 12
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 13
- Pastry Cook Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up