A Meeting Planner oversees coordinating all aspects of professional events and meetings, choosing meeting locations, arranging possible transportation, and chaperoning all other details. A Meeting Planner’s duties include planning the entirety of the events, such as time, location, and cost; inspect prospective venues; monitor event activities to make sure that all attendees are happy; and review bills before approving payment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Meeting Planner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Meeting Planner resumes for your reference.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 1
- Manage the work flow and scheduling of two staff members; manage clients for meeting registrations and appointments through client database.
- Maintained client database by adding new clients, updating existing clients’ records, setting client appointments, collecting client responses to meeting notices, and processing/re-depositing payment for the remainder of the contracted amount.
- Create agendas for meetings in advance. Encouraged cooperation with other departments by informing them about plans for meetings that could affect their schedules.
- Worked with staff members to ensure accurate billing of time spent for meetings.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to meeting registrations.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 2
- Assisted meeting planners in producing detailed accounting packages for meetings.
- Acquired special recognition for meeting planning services, having exceeded account credits by 27%, while simultaneously meeting budget limitations by 5% and exceeding customer expectations.
- Achieved awards for exceeding performance quotas, while providing excellent service to customers attending three different conferences held by the organization during a two-week period.
- Recognized as customer service leader; effectively managed conference logistics to ensure success of conference.
- Received award for development of successful meeting plan; reduced conference costs without negatively affecting customer satisfaction or conference attendance.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 3
- Applied my skills and obtained a position as a Meeting Planners Assistant.
- Connected with clients to create meeting programs.
- Analyzed data in a Microsoft Office program to present a report for a client in a timely manner according to budget and time period.
- Communicated effectively with my supervisor regarding the accuracy of plans I had created, and suggested changes for improvement.
- Participated in my coworkers’ activities relating to meetings; encouraged coworkers, friends, and family members to attend meetings pertaining to their plans.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 4
- Managed the scheduling of meetings for both internal and external contacts to meet company-wide deadlines.
- Accurately scheduled meetings to accommodate guests, participants, and involved parties by using innovative technology such as Outlook calendars, Groupwise calendars, and email.
- Managed travel schedules of the Executive Director with the utmost care by anticipating his/her needs at all times; consistent with company policy regarding tardiness.
- Accurately coordinated the time of meetings (internal and external) with proper notification to attendees; providing timely reminders at least 24 hours prior to each meeting.
- Managed reports generated by the reports generated by the scheduling program; generated accurate, helpful information to support company objectives.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 5
- Handled time management; adept at organizing and scheduling.
- Performed highly proficient administrative duties; served as assistant to the postmaster/supervisor in charge of mail room.
- Achieved award for high performance; multitasked during evening shift. Finished work within the established time limit; proficient in reading, writing, and office skills.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to meeting attendance.
- Handled vital administrative tasks; assisted with telecommunications services (voice mail, message transferring/consigning, telephone operating).
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 6
- Received award for outstanding attendance/productivity through a wide range of assigned tasks in the meeting planner’s department.
- Monitored time and attendance in a timely manner.
- Incorporated feedback from meetings into follow up activities in a timely manner.
- Efficiently organized meetings by keeping track of the list of agenda items, attendees, comments and comments made on draft agendas. Achieved superior remarks including concerns, comments and suggestions for improvement from senior managers.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 7
- Handled all clerical tasks in an efficient manner; retained customer information in a timely manner; correctly completed all clerical tasks.
- Maintained high level of professionalism and demonstrated exceptional customer service skills; demonstrated skill in handling office equipment.
- Worked with various regional programs ensuring client satisfaction while adhering to the bank’s stated objectives.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 8
- Received outstanding quality award; prepared project schedules that minimized disruptions to meetings.
- Supervised and trained a novice staff member and contributed to the success of the company by managing and resolving customer complaints.
- Ensured that daily plans were in compliance with the organization’s goals and objectives; contributed to the success of the organization by initiating an organization-wide initiative in which all employees would participate in receiving training, listening, and using critical thinking skills.
- Supervised an intern during a vacation period; ensured that tasks were completed in a timely manner, meeting project deadlines.
- Identified problems that were not related to organizational goals and objectives; corrected problems in an appropriate manner that helped maintain consistency throughout the organization.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 9
- Continued to expand my project management skills by assisting senior staff in the completion of special projects.
- Enhanced customer relations by participating in telemarketing and/or business and/or financial and/or product training programs.
- Improved my oral and written communication skills by completing various public speaking presentations and delivering conference room presentations to department employees.
- Achieved award for improving overall employee involvement; effectively consulted with management, customers, vendors, suppliers, co-workers, department heads and the community.
- Earned recognition as a professional service center super star; effectively analyzed trends within an industry based on input from numerous primary sources.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 10
- Presented a plan for a project under a severe time constraint.
- Responsible for multiple projects at one time, including reviewing and scheduling all materials, working closely with art directors and graphic designers, and meeting contractual delivery requirements.
- Met deadlines for all material submission to the campus offices.
- Managed hundreds of administrative tasks daily including coordinating visa application processing, redistributing mail from the mailroom, updating multiple websites.
- When possible submitted resumés to prospective employers on behalf of applicants by identifying needs within the company match process.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 11
- Arranged a meeting of 300 people with the governor and the governor’s staff.
- Made arrangements for a large conference involving approximately 50 presenters from across North America, including recruiting presenters from Canada.
- Set up appropriate room accommodations, equipment, and audiovisuals equipment for a meeting attended by more than 300 people.
- Allocated all software, teleconferencing equipment, and audiovisuals specific to a 2-day meeting.
- Coordinated all efforts of 10 department staff members to ensure timely delivery of 34 custom-made employee recognition awards.
Meeting Planner Resume Sample 12
- Managed meeting agendas, schedules, invitations, and follow up correspondence. Prioritized the work to be done.
- Effectively supervised headquarters’ operations during the president’s absence by expediting bank transactions for customer service representatives.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in supervision of daily operations; effectively planned meetings and prepared meeting agenda.
- Earned recognition for outstanding performance in preparation of monthly financial statements; effectively prepared charts using Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet program.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in data entry accuracy; effectively entered data into computer to produce monthly financial statements accurately and on time.
To find work as a Meeting Planner, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Event Planning. A Meeting Planner is expected to demonstrate great time management, exceptional customer service skills, the ability to negotiate, interpersonal skills, and a calm composure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Meeting Planner Resume Samples
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 1
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 2
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 3
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 4
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 5
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 6
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 7
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 8
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 9
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 10
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 11
- Meeting Planner Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up