Operations Supervisors oversee the logistics of a specific department within a company. Their duties include ensuring smooth operation, analyzing the efficiency of the department, training and supervising employees, evaluating employee and department performance, planning the department’s budget, responding to elevated customer inquiries, and ensuring compliance with operational policies.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Operations Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Operations Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for ordering, scheduling, and monitoring the flow of materials and parts.
- Supervised multiple departments in an efficient and professional manner to ensure the timely delivery of items to customers.
- Managed multiple lines in a timely fashion; including inventory, purchasing, and production.
- Kept accurate records of daily sales; effectively managed suppliers to meet customer expectations.
- Established relationships with key customers by providing excellent customer service and maintaining a clean restaurant environment.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Managed a top 50 restaurant in the Detroit area to achieve a profitable operating level.
- Responsible for purchasing raw materials, components, and finished goods to ensure quality and quantity.
- Trained staff in variety of restaurant technologies to maintain a high staff productivity level.
- Maintained strong financial results by planning and controlling expenditures according to costs and revenue levels.
- Established sound relationships with vendors, customers, distributors, and staff.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Performed the duties of a shift supervisor, including managing restaurant personnel, making staffing decisions, coordinating with management regarding staff breaks and overtime, establishing budgets for both food costs and labor costs.
- Managed payroll schedules to ensure all positions are budgeted for.
- Supervised daily cash flow of food costs with respect to inventory purchases.
- Reviewed monthly postings to ensure compliance with federal laws governing employment background checks.
- Regularly reviewed employees’ wages and time cards to ensure they are within specifications.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Organized staff training with emphasis on delivery of superior customer service.
- Maintained strong relationships with cross-functional departments (i.e., food, beverage, and supply) to effectively manage staff, supplies, equipment, and facilities.
- Redesigned point-of-sale computer system; achieved outstanding financial results through improved operational efficiency.
- Launched new restaurant concept with strong emphasis on staff leadership; grew sales over 400% in two years while adhering to the highest standards in the hospitality industry.
- Recognized for exemplary performance in achieving departmental sales records; awarded sales incentive bonus each year for delivery of superior customer service and profitability targets.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Initiated self-improvement by attaining BS in Business Administration with focus on Operations Management.
- Developed an innovative operational plan to revitalize existing Pizza Hut restaurant; implemented plan to increase sales by 20% within six month period.
- Achieved sales growth of 30%; recognized as Quarter Master for achieving Sales Award at annual sales meeting.
- Developed new food line item with extended menu options; increase average spending per customer by 23%.
- Achieved 30% labor cost reduction through employee benefits and tuition reimbursement program.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Has the ability to plan and execute a complete restaurant turnaround in a matter of several months.
- Supervised employees in order to ensure they were effectively performing their tasks.
- Maintained high-level of customer service; ensured employees followed all policies and procedures.
- Adhered to quality standards; awarded with employee recognition for exceptional performance.
- Identified & resolved deficiencies within purchasing department; contributed to company’s bottom line by reducing operating deficits.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Manufactured, tested, and refined the product mixes of two restaurants operating in a nationally franchised food chain.
- Worked with staff to create a pleasant dining experience for customers by educating staff on customer-service skills and training staff to provide positive “moments of truth.”
- Effectively communicated with franchisee, regional managers, and corporate office personnel.
- Collaborated with vendors to secure a variety of products for menu options.
- Successfully oversaw guest satisfaction while meeting profitability goals; rewarded by Regional Vice President for accomplishing high guest satisfaction ratings.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Tracked sales trends to ensure smooth running business by increasing sales in each area of operation.
- Performed weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end inventory counts for all P&L areas.
- Managed daily operations of restaurant including menu development, customer service, purchasing, staffing requirements, training staff, and hiring.
- Initiated steps to keep restaurant profitable. For example; researched pricing policy for new products after competitor sues business.
- Padded bottom line profits by completing thorough inventories that led to great savings on inventory purchases.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Recruited, trained, and developed a staff of over 200 employees to earn the highest server sales.
- Managed a team of forty staff to increase food and beverage sales by over 10% from the previous year.
- Impressed restaurant owner with proposed ideas on how to improve operations.
- Obtained commercial-grade equipment for use in the kitchen.
- Demonstrated experience in running multiple shifts, ensuring timely product delivery.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Managed all aspects of ownership and daily operations in a busy, family-owned Italian restaurant.
- Supervised kitchen staff to serve patrons efficiently while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Bestowed benefits, perks, and discounts to loyal customers in order to retain their patronage.
- Performed budget forecasting using formulas based on weekly sales revenue, labor cost, and projected gross profit margin.
- Managed inventory by forecasting raw materials needs in relation to incoming orders; managed labor turnover through training and table tipping.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Increased sales, profit, and customer satisfaction by hiring, training, facilitating, and motivating staff.
- Streamlined kitchen operations by reengineering processes to increase production speed.
- Recruited, trained, and developed team members in 6 months to meet weekly sales goals.
- Awarded quarterly employee of the quarter for outstanding performance.
- Resolved staffing issues with top performers by minimizing overstaffing in peak hours to increase labor costs during slow hours to maintain quality standards in customer service.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Closed $600 million in sales in 6 months, establishing company record for largest sales volume in 6 months.
- Directed all aspects of business operations, including accounting, ordering, inventory control, payroll, shipping and receiving.
- Directed the staff at the restaurant to deliver an exceptional customer experience through quality food preparation techniques.
- Trained two managers following each other during the same shift.
- Established a POS system to automate all activities for quick ordering and delivery to multiple stores.
Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Provided administrative, material handling, and other critical logistics support.
- Maintained a positive attitude towards the company’s mission, goals, and vision.
- Recognized for delivery of requested equipment on time or ahead of schedule.
- Suggested ways to increase efficiency while maintaining a positive attitude towards the company’s mission and goals for growth for improvement.
- Screened incoming materials to ensure that they were in line with the company’s mission and goals for growth for improvement.
To work as an Operations Supervisor, you must hold an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Operations Management. Operations Supervisors should demonstrate a result-oriented personality, organization, knowledge of operational policies and methodologies, excellent attention to detail and leadership, analytical and project management skills, and outstanding communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Operations Supervisor Resume Samples
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Operations Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up