A nutrition assistant ensures patients in a healthcare facility receive the proper specialized nutrition. A nutrition assistant’s duties are meal distribution, abiding by restricted dietary measures for each patient, properly sanitizing, communicate with patients about diet, assisting medical staff with duties, and ensuring each meal is distributed to the proper patient.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Nutrition Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Nutrition Assistant resumes for your reference.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Educate and support patients with special dietary needs to facilitate recovery and improve quality of life.
- Promote healthy living during four years of work in outpatient clinical nutrition services by helping individuals meet nutritional requirements, deal with eating-related issues and learn about healthier habits.
- Administer food and fluid prescriptions accurately, safely, and efficiently to maximize therapeutic benefits of nutritional care while limiting risk for under- or overfeeding.
- Flexible schedule during work term created opportunities to achieve personal bests in triathlon training, running half-marathons, hosting charity events such as run/walk marathons benefiting the American Cancer Society, annual bike race for children with cancer, participation in various athletic events for cancer survivors, and supporting Relay for Life.
- Gained the trust and respect of patients and co-workers as a leader in peer education projects to promote nutrition awareness, encourage healthy lifestyle choices, and contribute to community outreach projects.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Collected data pertaining to the development of a dietary plan for hospitalized patients.
- Prepared and served food trays, washed dishes, and sterilized utensils in accordance with sanitation policies and procedures.
- Confirmed accuracy of all information on patient menu cards before they were delivered to patients’ rooms by verifying actual weights vs. recorded weights on scale.
- Reorganized procedure manuals for improved clarity and readability; 4 out of 5 nurses responded positively to survey regarding assistance from “new” procedure manuals.
- Assisted medical staff with routine chores such as changing linen, supplying clean gowns and towels, delivering laboratory specimens, transporting trays, etc.; always willing to help.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Implemented dietary guidelines to avoid mealtime disturbances for patients with dementia through the use of daily menus, supplements, and special requests.
- Provided instruction on additional diet requirements to support medical treatment; effectively communicated to diverse audiences by demonstrating proper hand-washing techniques.
- Aided in maintaining low sodium diets for heart disease patients by gathering individual patient’s data to develop effective recipes.
- Realized increased morale among patients and staff after accepting responsibility of creating nutritious snacks for children; directed recipe development; directed distribution; directed compliance with non-dairy modifications.
- Promoted cardiovascular wellness via education based on meeting results from stress tests conducted prior to program implementation; programmed exercise programs one hour each day.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the development and training of medical staff and patients on nutritional needs and dietary intake for disease prevention and management.
- Facilitated health education by planning, selecting, presenting, analyzing, and modifying health related topics to all age groups.
- Promoted education support by developing lesson presentations that supported educational goals as set forth by curriculum plans.
- Collaborated with students to ensure that they were supervised during any physical activity or special event.
- Boosted morale through efforts to provide a clean, safe environment for children to play in throughout the week.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Assessed patients’ nutritional status by taking patient history and performing nutrient intake analysis.
- Monitored patient’s dietary management plan including providing instruction to patients on shopping, cooking, and post-evaluation of progress.
- Identified malnutrition in pediatric population through annual wellness examinations at local elementary schools.
- Prescribed proper diet combined with appropriate vitamin supplementation for a range of conditions such as anemia, diabetes, osteoporosis, hypertension, obesity, gout and hyperlipidemia.
- Promoted positive lifestyle change among children through nutrition education; empowered parents with knowledge about optimal child health through good nutrition.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Prepared food according to physicians’ instructions.
- Aided Registered Dietician with nutritional labeling of new foods or re-engineering old recipes to meet dietary standards.
- Assisted dieticians in preparation, distribution and analysis of patient meal trays; tracked results through daily tray counts, as well as student observation and interviews.
- Taught diabetes education classes for students with Juvenile Diabetes Mellitus (Type 1), including healthy eating habits and exercise patterns for those living with the disease.
- Planned health fairs for local elementary schools to promote nutrition awareness among preteens before they become teenagers and young adults that are at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes mellitus due to early onset of obesity.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided support to the clinical staff, assisting with patient pre- and post-operative visits and intake/output reports.
- Received professor’s endorsement for beneficial electronic resource search to locate important references/citations during research project.
- Completed a variety of diagnostic tests under the supervision of a medical technologist in hematology, chemistry, microbiology, serology, parasitology and urinalysis disciplines.
- Mastered proficiency requirements as a Phlebotomist through successful completion of 300 blood smears within a six month period; recognized by the Laboratory Director for exceptional performance.
- Gained insight on human behavior after shadowing psychiatrists at two psychiatric hospitals for two months.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Diagnosed client’s condition and recommended a functional organic diet for supplementation and treatment of hypothyroidism.
- Instructed clients on the preparation of complex vegan meals to optimize nutrient value.
- Consulted with physicians, nurses, and other members of team regarding patient care plans.
- Promoted health awareness by teaching classes at community center about proper nutrition during pregnancy, infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and senior years.
- Assisted patients in all areas of activities including wheelchair mobility exercises and post-injury rehabilitation to promote an active lifestyle.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted patients with nutritional concerns by preparing diet plans, evaluating progress, and adjusting recipes.
- Followed up with patients regarding issues such as weight loss, high cholesterol, low vitamin D levels, blood pressure control, non-compliance to medications or supplement use.
- Handled cases of malnutrition in elderly residents by developing plans for improved dietary intake; noted improvements in their health status after two months.
- Ensured proper compliance to the nutrition program’s policies by maintaining records of patient food purchases and counseling sessions.
- Accomplished the goal of decreasing waste through minimal spoilage during production preparation; utilized time more efficiently based on previous purchase patterns.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Provided nutritional counseling and emotional support to cancer survivors.
- Aided in maintaining inventory for Nutrition Department and monitored department budget.
- Facilitated the education of other staff members by developing informational handouts such as “What Causes Cancer,” “Cancer Prevention,” and “Nutrition During Treatment.”
- Presented research on childhood obesity for local Rotary Club, resulting in $3,000 donation to establish nutrition program at community center.
- Promoted awareness of nutritive value of fruits/vegetables by growing own organic garden; harvested tomatoes for community soup kitchen.
Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Conducted nutrition assessments over the phone on patients with chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, heartburn, and vomiting.
- Developed a new service line for healthy living presentations to adults at local senior center by performing food demonstrations prepared from low-sodium cookbooks.
- Recommended alternative foods for vegan diabetic patient with limited access to grocery store who followed her advice resulting in successful control of blood sugar levels.
- Worked with hospital dietitians to assure nutritional quality of dietary supplements served in hospitals including patients’ meals, lactation diets, vitamin/mineral supplements, tube feedings, etc.
- Wrote nutritional facts panels for hospital foods including labels on dietary supplements purchases by hospital cafeterias.
To become a nutrition assistant, an associate’s degree is required, in addition to licensure specific to each state. A nutrition assistant must be empathetic, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent communication skills, must be organized, must have excellent time management skills, and must be able to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Nutrition Assistant Resume Samples
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Nutrition Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up