An Iron Worker installs iron and steel frames for buildings, bridges, and other structures. Duties include building and installing structural frames, reading and interpreting blueprints, specifications and work orders, cutting, grinding and welding metal, operating a crane ball, reinforcing concrete, repairing and replacing structural components, following safety regulations, and maintaining tools and equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Iron Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Iron Worker resumes for your reference.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 1
- Fabricated, erected, and placed structural steel members to form commercial buildings.
- Installed beams, stairs, railings, lintels, wall panels, hearths, subflooring systems for high-rise building developers.
- Helped build the world’s tallest skyscraper with a frame height of more than 1km.
- Inspected all materials prior to erection to ensure compliance with client specifications regarding tolerances for tolerances for straightness of member axes and flatness.
- Reduced total cost of production by $50K after conducting time study analysis on current work procedures; received recognition from senior management team.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 2
- Performed the entire range of duties at various job sites successfully.
- Supervised scaffolding setup and crew to ensure safety during iron work.
- Handled welding materials, equipment, and applications in a safe manner while maintaining quality standards for structural integrity.
- Acted as go-to person for material requirements; ordered all necessary fabrications within budget.
- Fabricated building structural supports to stand up against heavy weight loads including water storage tanks, restrooms, elevators, cafeterias, pharmacies, locker rooms and more.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 3
- Responsible for erecting structural steel and pre-cast concrete components at construction sites according to blueprints.
- Trained new employees by leading them through all phases of productions from setting up the job site, installing equipment, and forming and pouring concrete floors.
- Took part in a major corporate restructuring as a result of mergers and acquisitions; used cross-functional knowledge and experience to identify potential areas of improvement within the organization.
- Advocated best practices throughout company with regard to safety protocol for working high above street level; earned appreciation from Foreman as an integral part of his team.
- Suggested changes that increased productivity by 20% without increased labor costs; credited by production manager with saving the company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 4
- Fabricated, erected, and welded structural steel in the construction of commercial buildings; executed blueprints for building layouts.
- Performed tasks associated with inside wire pulling for electrical systems commonly used in new construction like VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives) and Variable Voltage Transformers (VVT’s).
- Set up workstations to match required specifications; passed quality control checks set by the Ironworkers Union that ensure high product standards are met.
- Refined skills in executing a methodical approach to completing tasks according to safety guidelines at all times.
- Pioneered team effort between ironworker unions to create a stronger foundation within the industry.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 5
- Picked up money working at construction sites.
- Carpentry work – framed, built and finished custom homes.
- Fabricated and erected structural steel for bridges, stadiums, high-rises and commercial buildings; responsible for erecting the top half of the steel superstructure.
- Responsible for overall coordination and planning of iron erection for a $30 million project; organized 30+ subcontractors with 100+ employees to ensure that all logistics were executed on time and within budget.
- Performed as swing-shift foreman during hectic periods such as holiday weekends to ensure continuous flow of production; recognized by superintendent with special commendation due to superior performance under pressure.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 6
- Installed and repaired welding on bridges, steel, and other heavy metal structures.
- Performed structural and miscellaneous iron work; erected formwork for reinforced concrete and precast walls and flumes, scaffolding and shoring.
- Fabricated structural steel: set up welding machine to weld I-beams, channels, or flange units; used oxyacetylene or arc welding equipment; accurately laid out exact measurements for cutting metal; prepared forms for proper positioning of reinforcing bars (rebar) prior to pouring concrete.
- Observed construction procedures such as bracing, lagging, anchorage of materials during erection of building supports which involved the installation of steel columns and girders.
- Installed steel trusses, girders, and metal decking on buildings; closely supervised several laborers.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 7
- Moved into supervisory position, oversaw a crew of ten men.
- Reduced production costs by 25% through resourceful work with local suppliers and contractors.
- Successfully negotiated a labor contract with United Construction Union following a three-year impasse—achieved agreement without costing members any concessions or layoffs.
- Achieved award from the National Association for Female Contractors for increasing revenue to female owned companies from 10% to 23%.
- Pioneered the use of sustainable materials generating an estimated energy savings equivalent to removing 1,000 cars off the road.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 8
- Fabricated and installed structural steel for more than 10 buildings – some over six-stories high; provided relevant information to customers, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Successfully overseen and expedited multiple projects that were completed within budget and on time.
- Identified and implemented methods of reducing production times by 20% while increasing quality through more effective tooling.
- Met construction demands by completing all temporary structures needed prior to permanent building completion without incident or accident.
- Won “Most Unique Erection” site award based on innovative design aspect in concrete foundation preparation.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 9
- Installed steel decking, flooring, and ceiling on the inside of a new building.
- Welded brackets to support trusses for a warehouse.
- Work with other Iron Workers to install the steel framework that supports the finished floors of buildings being constructed.
- Ensured safety while installing structural steel by adhering to proper procedures and wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Accomplished on-site project goals within budget constraints while working under extreme weather conditions in all seasons.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 10
- Installed structural steel for the new baseball stadium that holds 20,000 fans.
- Along with two men, hoisted 1-1/4″ x 30′ bars to form I-beams–over 500 tons.
- Excavated and poured foundation for five level parking garage; erected steel frame roof structure of same over previous foundation.
- Using torch and sledgehammer, shaped 6′ x 6′ column heads to conform to design specifications including ornamental acanthus leaves.
- Raised 13 stories of structural steel in 16 days without support from below or temporary bracing against wind gusts up to 90 miles per hour.
Iron Worker Resume Sample 11
- Set up and tore down scaffolding planks, ladders, tools, equipment, and materials to complete work projects.
- Skilled in burning, welding, grinding metal surfaces. Installed custom railings using a plasma cutter.
- Completed projects on schedule with little supervision; recognized by foremen for outstanding performance during one month period.
- Performed 300 hours of volunteer work for Habitat For Humanity assisting in building 30 homes in low income neighborhoods.
- Trained others to perform a variety of construction skills through leadership instruction and guidance.
Varying job requirements include a high school degree, age, and past experience, but you need a valid driver’s license and training by senior crew members. Iron Workers must be physically fit, be detail-oriented, have communication, mathematic and analytical thinking skills, and be able to travel to worksites.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Iron Worker Resume Samples
- Wrap Up