An Insurance Advisor advises clients on their personal finances. Their duties include discussing the financial needs of their clients, conducting insurance and risk analysis, analyzing the assets and liabilities of client portfolios, creating and presenting customized financial proposals to clients, and staying up to date with the latest products and financial benefits the company offers.
To work as an Insurance Advisor, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a similar field and a license to practice from the state board and oftentimes CFP Certification. Insurance Advisors should demonstrate a deep knowledge of state regulations and policies, strong written and verbal communicational skills, financial and mathematical proficiency, excellent interpersonal skills, and great attention to detail.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Advisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Advisor resumes for your reference.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 1
- Increased sales by 58% over the previous year’s results by developing new clientele, maintaining existing relationships, and promoting company services.
- Revised policy language for easier interpretation of coverage to increase customer satisfaction.
- Awarded for regularly meeting production quotas during six consecutive years.
- Authored a series of 22 articles regarding effective communication methods enabling clients to make informed decisions under all circumstances.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations combined with proficient communication skills enabling responsive financial analysis for each client situation.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 2
- Developed a following of loyal customers by providing excellent customer service, utilizing the latest computer database technology.
- Distinguished myself from other insurance advisors as recognized by being appointed as Employee of the Month for September 2006.
- Received commendations from top management as recognized by receiving President’s Club Award and recognized as Top Advisor In Region In Sales.
- Effectively explained new plans to existing customers resulting in addition of 15 accounts totaling over $120K in under six months.
- Identified a trend among senior health care consumers for children’s insurance resulting in a new segment targeted marketing plan yielding 12 extra policies per month.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 3
- Helped clients make informed decisions about their insurance needs.
- Reduced claims by 40% for an account while increasing business by more than 50%.
- Oversaw the installation of complete security systems in new homes.
- Initiated and managed a Marketing Program resulting in an increase of $7,000 per month in revenue.
- Educated clients on insurance policies and earned a higher level of trust from them.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 4
- Prioritized and completed daily activities to ensure clients were properly assisted.
- Achieved department’s top sales record for several years in a row, while working independently from home offices.
- Found the most cost-effective health insurance policy for clients by comparing multiple policies and prices on numerous carriers’ websites.
- Given “Agent of the Month” award for consistently going above and beyond expectations; delivering excellent customer service while meeting targets during difficult financial months.
- Trained new hires in proper business protocols while helping to develop a more thorough understanding of their products and services by providing training sessions both at the main office and within the field office.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 5
- Identified the needs of clients by conducting home, auto, and life insurance examinations to determine client eligibility.
- Gained respect as an ethical sales representative who demonstrates integrity in encouraging clients to choose coverage plans that are best for them.
- Displayed experience in successfully building rapport with prospects and closing sales through strong prospecting skills.
- Delivered superior customer service through pro-active communication with customers via appointments, phone calls, emails, and letters.
- Recognized for driving company technology agenda forward by collaborating with IT on road mapping through solution consulting appointments.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 6
- Introduced innovative, market-tested insurance programs to improve client retention through employee benefits.
- Generated new business from 5,000 middle income clients per year after successfully completed leadership development training course.
- Identified as a top producer in 2010 for achieving company’s highest sales levels requiring continuous study of company products and industry trends.
- Delivered value-added services by finding clients the best possible prices on the right coverage at the most affordable premiums via phone or email.
- Actively recruited and mentored new agents that resulted in doubling a newly established office’s production within a single year period.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 7
- In less than one year, achieved top sales performer rank as a Financial Services Representative.
- Represented the company at local and regional conventions; presented training programs for other agents and managers; received customer service award.
- Consistently provided outstanding customer service and performance to ensure excellence and superior results for each client’s insurance needs.
- Prioritized insurance needs of self-employed individuals who needed or wanted health care to ensure successful enrollment with reputable insurance carriers.
- Presented numerous seminars for seniors on Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) and convinced over three dozen to sign up immediately after the seminar.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 8
- Grew client base by over 25% from new accounts and cross-sells.
- Attained the designation of “Distinguished Advisor” for consistently achieving 18 out of 20 quota points throughout two years.
- Recognized as a top insurance advisor within company for securing a larger market share than other agents in the network.
- Presented at regional conference on strategies to retain existing customers and win new business, resulting in an immediate increase in customer retention rates by 1%.
- Selected as team leader for winter corporate challenge; led corporate sales team to victory through motivation, dedication, and preparation.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 9
- Took ownership of all opportunities including up-selling additional policies, taking on specialty clients, and pre-qualifying all prospects to find the right fit.
- Spearheaded market expansion by reaching out to new influencers in cross-marketing efforts with other industry professionals.
- Gathered input from over 80 advisors to guide development of a new tool that would strengthen relationships between agencies and carriers.
- Pioneered an aggressive marketing outreach plan seeking high level endorsements from key influencers within the community for upcoming seminars.
- Uncover unforeseen opportunities by analyzing data to discover trends that suggest future growth potentials.
Insurance Advisor Resume Sample 10
- Strategically identified and targeted new markets for business expansion.
- Accomplished a team-sales increase of 11% over the previous year, outselling all other agents in my group.
- Exceeded dollar production goal by $18,000, generating a total of over $532,000 in customer premium volume.
- Developed a comprehensive training program to ensure proper implementation of company products and procedures.
- Generated an average individual sales per week record of $571; recognized for superior performance with the Chairman’s Club award.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.