The Director of Environmental Services oversees the Environmental Services department at an institution. Their duties include implementing department procedures, conducting routine inspections, maintaining equipment to avoid failure, establishing good relationships with other departments, conducting performance reviews, and overseeing staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Environmental Services Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Environmental Services resumes for your reference.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 1
- Developed policies and procedures by researching federal, state, and local laws; implementing changes to organizational operating practices.
- Increased customer satisfaction by responding effectively to internal/external customers concerns in a timely manner using effective communication skills.
- Improved departmental performance by developing annual trainings for employees on operational processes of equipment systems. Designed training manuals with user-friendly flow charts for reference during future use.
- Streamlined processes by initiating regular review meetings with staff members to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Ensured legal compliance by reviewing new legislation; advising management of potential impact to the organization. Maintained records relating to the investigation conducted after severe chemical spills occurred at three locations.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw all daily activities of the department, including preparation and execution of a capital improvement plan that resulted in a 70% reduction in client costs.
- Identified areas for process improvements through close monitoring of the department’s performance metrics. Implemented new processes to increase productivity and reduce costs by 20%. Established performance targets for each team member according to revenue, net income, budgets, operating expenses, and workforce management initiatives.
- Developed policies and procedures to ensure proper documentation of services provided at each facility. Supervised employees regarding compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Spoke regularly with clients regarding complaints or concerns so as to resolve any issues quickly and effectively before they could become larger problems.
- Monitored client satisfaction survey scores, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing strategies to improve client satisfaction. Coordinated the compilation of client satisfaction feedback with other department heads to ensure that the concerns of clients were addressed.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 3
- Directed and supervised daily operations of all environmental services employees in an effort to provide superior service to the company’s clients.
- Spearheaded efforts in reducing overhead by standardizing work processes, providing training for employees, and monitoring performance to ensure compliance with company standards; this resulted in a 25% reduction of expenses within 6 months that directly impacted net income.
- Oversaw account management team that worked across three facilities, providing support for over 100 individuals per day including on-site coordination during emergencies. Collaborated closely with marketing team to create promotional materials used in marketing outreach efforts.
- Identified potential vendors who were both environmentally friendly and cost efficient by researching organizations’ published material, trade shows, and websites.
- Directed the department in implementing an electronic billing system that streamlined processes and increased productivity with a 20% increase per month.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 4
- Directed the development of an environmental services company by overseeing day-to-day operations, employee training, and project management. Developed company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Implemented a comprehensive training program for all employees in the areas of health and safety, environmental compliance, and customer service. Provided guidance as needed to ensure that staff was properly trained on specific issues as requested by management.
- Coordinated the development of a comprehensive employee training program to ensure that all employees were properly trained on health and safety issues as well as environmental compliance.
- Conducted monthly meetings with employees to discuss performance, give feedback on performance improvement opportunities, and address any issues or concerns regarding work assignments.
- Developed and implemented an employee incentive program that was directly linked to customer satisfaction, retention, and growth of the company.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 5
- Established policies and procedures for the environmental services department. Designed, implemented, and monitored the company’s recycling program.
- Created an employee recognition program that increased employee satisfaction by 20% over a three-year period.
- Led the implementation of a new billing system that increased revenue by 10% in the first year.
- Improved customer satisfaction by closing all customer service calls within one hour. Decreased cost of service calls by 30% within one year.
- Led the implementation of a new software system to improve workflow and reduce customer service call time by 50%, despite resistance from staff.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 6
- Led an eight-person team in the management of a $5 million capital project, including the development of a comprehensive plan for design and implementation of an integrated program to manage all aspects of environmental services.
- Developed annual budget for environmental services department, which included the preparation of financial statements and variance analysis.
- Oversaw operations, maintenance, and cleaning for more than 1,000 facilities across the United States, including the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Conducted weekly operations meetings to review operations performance and develop plans to address areas in need of improvement.
- Ensured adherence to key performance indicators by conducting monthly walk-throughs of facilities, providing employees with feedback.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 7
- Provided direction, training, and support to employees of a government agency by attending weekly staff meetings. Reviewed employee performance evaluations to determine training needs and areas for improvement.
- Developed a cross-functional team that provided input on the development of a strategic plan that was executed to increase productivity by 20% within six months.
- Developed and implemented a strategic plan to streamline operational processes, increasing efficiency and reducing costs without negatively impacting the organization’s overall reputation.
- Managed a team of 15 employees who were responsible for the daily operations of a city-operated wastewater treatment facility.
- Developed and implemented an asset management program that identified areas for improvement in employee performance and facilitated cooperation among various departments.
Director of Environmental Services Resume Sample 8
- Reduced expenses by $30,000 during first month of employment by identifying and eliminating unnecessary expenditures. Developed new departmental policies for travel and purchasing.
- Increased revenue by $100,000 within three months of employment by implementing 10 cost-saving strategies.
- Redesigned the department’s budgeting process to increase accountability for budget spending, including personally analyzing each budget line item, comparing it to prior year data, and developing a plan to improve the line item for the current year.
- Increased employee retention rate by 20% within first year of employment by improving employee morale through weekly employee lunches. Implemented an employee recognition program to reward positive performance.
- Reduced operating costs by 10% within first year of employment by developing a comprehensive cost-cutting strategy. Cited for outstanding performance by the Board of Directors, resulting in an annual salary increase of $30,000.
To become a Director of Environmental Services a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, facility management, or information management, and relevant experience is required. The skills needed for this position are leadership skills, excellent communication skills, technical skills, time management, ability to solve problems, analytical skills, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.