Human Resources assistant managers provide HR managers and directors with operational and administrative support. Their duties include recruiting, hiring, scheduling, conducting orientation and training, managing and reporting HR Information System data, processing employee benefits and compensation, and resolving customer concerns.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best HR Assistant Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real HR Assistant Manager resumes for your reference.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 1
- Designed, launched, and implemented an employee satisfaction survey which achieved 100% response rate.
- Recruited and managed temporary safety staff; hired individuals with knowledge of safety procedures.
- Maintained up-to-date HRIS records for 10,000+ employees; promoted ongoing personal assistance to management team in time of need.
- Interfaced with state agencies on behalf of company; insured personnel responsibilities did not conflict with government regulations.
- Managed FMLA tracking system; personally resolved queries regarding leaves of absence within 24 hours or less.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 2
- Assisted the HR manager with writing, editing, and distributing job descriptions.
- Grew office by 20% in the number of customers served by working closely with customers to determine goals and expectations; recognized for dedication, professionalism, interpersonal skills, influence at client meetings; presented “Trainer of the Year Award”.
- Contributed directly to company’s culture as department representative on Leadership Team after developing innovative approach to hiring process using applicant tracking system. Saved 20 hours per week by reducing paper-based processes.
- Spearheaded initiative to remove inefficient training certification program; reorganized staff so that all administrative tasks could be completed within defined periods of time. Resulted in $2300 annual savings.
- Collaborated with management to create new employee recognition program; increased retention and reduced turnover by 22%.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 3
- Conducted over 100 in-person interviews in the course of two months, averaging 4 per day.
- Managed employee relations to foster productivity and individual responsibility.
- Identified potential candidates by extensively networking with local universities for qualified recruits.
- Designed customized training programs to teach essential workplace skills to high school students.
- Received hire score of 8.8 out of 10 from clients following one year’s diligent work in candidate management, screening, reference checking, candidate communication, and candidate follow-up.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed organization’s largest annual event which included 100+ vendors, thousands of resort guests, and many celebrity guest performers.
- Proven track record for developing high-performing staff teams through cross-functional projects to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Participated in the development of company compensation strategy by managing competitor benchmarking research project.
- Introduced new approach to talent management process by engaging managers through focus groups, surveys, employee resource groups (e.g., HR Student Leadership Council), and collaboration with leadership team members during six months of change efforts; identified necessary tools and knowledge required to implement new talent strategies (e.g., recruiter training on sourcing candidates).
- Devised plan for using deep connections in the talent management discipline to identify professional talent for over three dozen organizations over five consecutive months.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated the ability to coordinate the activities of numerous tasks at once.
- Effectively identified and negotiated problems by recognizing patterns.
- Learned about employee assistance programs (EAP) and researched benefits that were available to company employees through an online service provider; created a one-hour training seminar class.
- Achieved an “on time” for expense reimbursement 98% of the time, resulting in high scores on monthly audits by management team.
- Verified company records for accuracy by sorting documents into numerical order based on specific criteria.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 6
- Promoted to HR Assistant Manager after serving as a Human Resources Specialist for twelve months.
- Contributed to the elimination of discrepancies in time reporting by developing an automated system which ensures employees accurately complete their timesheets.
- Began contributing to the company’s strategic vision during cross-functional team meetings, where I offered insights and ideas regarding organizational improvement initiatives.
- Spearheaded two dynamic employee recognition events last year; both programs were extremely successful and we estimate that we saw at least a 30% improvement in productivity and level of morale among staff members who participated.
- Oversaw CRM software implementation throughout entire HR department; recognized for excellent project management skills by colleagues and senior management.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 7
- Implemented procedures to effectively manage employee records, including applications, resumes, performance reviews, pay rates, and employment classifications.
- Took the lead in designing job descriptions for new positions. Coordinated with managers on hiring timelines and provided coaching to supervisors on interviewing protocols.
- Trained employees on available benefits programs; increased awareness of company policies by encouraging employees to take advantage of opportunities that benefit them.
- Organized company events that encouraged personal growth and enhanced teamwork among all levels of staff through participation in fitness activities like volleyball tournaments and marathons.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities with ease by virtually performing most simultaneously with supervision only when necessary; received two consecutive promotions within the year.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 8
- Hired and trained clerical staff, evaluated performance and prepared work schedules.
- Provided employee assistance to team members with disabilities that were unable to move efficiently in cubicle environment.
- Acted as liaison between employees, unions and management negotiating new contracts and resolving disputes.
- Redesigned office space and enhanced security measures by increasing surveillance equipment by 50% while researching for alternative options.
- Oversaw Human Resources department replacing retiring manager; improved communication of new hiring practices; created automated system of data storage; reduced paper workflow by 100%.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 9
- Reorganize, integrate, and direct the daily operations of the central HR department.
- Collaborated with regional offices to develop HR policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines that are fair, equitable, lawful, consistent, compliant with relevant laws and outside regulations.
- Established short-term objectives to satisfy changing needs for project management that enables program continuity throughout organizational change.
- Hire workforce by sourcing through job postings on recruitment websites; advertise open positions in local media outlets.
- Developed employee training plans based on performance evaluations to increase productivity by developing skills needed to succeed in new position or career path.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 10
- Provided assistance as the department liaison to workgroups and employees who requested assistance with FMLA, Workman’s Compensation, Medical Leave of Absence.
- Administered annual leave for all full-time and part-time staff; timely completed vacation schedule and documentation forms.
- Assisted in recruitment and retention functions including organization of orientation sessions, applicant registration process, interviewee preprocessing.
- Sought third party input regarding recruitment activities through contact with professional organizations and employment agencies.
- Monitored expenditures for employee benefit programs including health insurance claims processing via electronic signatures on necessary documents for subrogation of benefits by carriers.
HR Assistant Manager Resume Sample 11
- Identified and documented organizational needs through the administration of a comprehensive organizational assessment survey.
- Recommended and supervised a team effort to implement a new personnel selection system for effective recruitment, selection, and retention of staff members.
- Increase productivity with enhanced teamwork by creating a dynamic, collaborative environment that is conducive to high performance.
- Promoted from HR Assistant after working as lead on several special projects including employee relations issues and changes in company compliance policies.
- Recognized for my exceptional service with an Employee Service Award; received outstanding customer service rating from customers who had contact with me during their employment transition process at human resources department.
To work as an HR assistant manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, although some employers may accept a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification. HR assistant managers must show excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrate computer proficiency, have knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, possess effective listening and conflict resolution ability, be dynamic customer service professionals, be able to multi-task, and make good decisions under pressure to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.