A guest services agent works at a hotel or motel and greets guests and makes them feel welcomed. Duties include greeting guests, check-ins, check-outs, front desk services, assigning rooms, delivering mail, processing payments, coordinating with hotel staff, providing transport information to guests, and providing restaurant advice to guests.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Guest Services Agent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Guest Services Agent resumes for your reference.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 1
- Logged and recorded all calls and visits during ten-month tenure; effectively handled all incoming and outgoing inquiries to ensure an excellent guest service experience.
- Recognized by management for providing a cheerful greeting in a 100% accuracy rate in greeting guests with hospitable service.
- Received award for exceeding a six-month sales record in a single month in regards to home improvement products and services.
- Maintained flawless adherence to security measures when assigned to the night shift; prevented theft from occurring in the lobby when employees were away from their stations.
- Provided tourists and visitors with a five-star hospitality experience; effectively guided them to all attractions and informed them of area attractions.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 2
- Greeted customers entering hotel lobby; developed working knowledge of each customer’s name and preferences, such as room location and daily newspaper selection.
- Assisted in the preparation of a black tie gala dinner for over 50 key executives; managed the coordination and implementation of meal service, special arrangements, and tablescapes.
- Accurately monitored incoming faxes and completed distribution to proper contacts; reduced response time for orders placed by fax by 50%.
- Maintained complete database for security badge access control system with over 300 employee badges in database. Redirected employees when entry was unauthorized or refused.
- Consistently recognized for providing customer service that exceeded the expectations of management and staff.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 3
- Participated in beginning and intermediate classes in Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and Kendo.
- Demonstrated the martial arts in group classes for children and adults.
- Provided guest services to provide comfort and confidence to guests, including extensive use of the English language.
- Delivered excellent customer service in a friendly and professional manner; gainful knowledge of self-defense techniques.
- Utilized restaurant and business’s promotional opportunities to promote martial arts experiences; gainful knowledge of management, customer relations, and professionalism.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 4
- Answered guest questions and pointed guests in the direction of specific departments for their inquiries.
- Researched and provided guests with detailed information about a variety of topics relating to a resort, including local attractions, entertainment, restaurants, and lodging.
- Facilitated telephone communication between hotel management staff and guests relating to complaints or concerns.
- Engaged in extensive research in order to produce accurate schedule of activities for each time period in each month; produced schedule that was recognized by management as “the best ever put together for the Resort” according to the Treasurer.
- Trained and mentored a new employee in the service department.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 5
- Handled reservations for two hundred hotel guests on a daily basis, and processed payments for these guests.
- Provided exceptional customer service to assist in the recent growth of new hotel clientele.
- Maintained cashier hours via cash drawer balancing and bank deposits according to established guidelines.
- Recognized by management as a valuable member of the team because of my positive energy and attitude in meeting the needs of customers in a quick and professional manner.
- Completed sales goals during off-peak seasons when many employees were absent from work due to illness, death, or family matters. Recognized by management as an outstanding performer.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 6
- Maintained and improved cleanliness and maintenance standards of an upscale hotel; recognized by management for outstanding performance.
- Related staff to guests by providing accurate information regarding the operations of the hotel; recognized by staff as a “star” employee.
- Maintained cleanliness and organization of housekeeping equipment such as mops, brooms, and trashcans.
- Assisted in meeting guest needs by handling information requests, delivering messages to guest rooms, scheduling meetings with guests, greeting guests at their rooms or during any other position that required assistance with customer service.
- Maintain accessible rooms for disability needs by meeting the needs of disabled guests.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 7
- Listened with empathy and responded with active concern to the needs of hotel guests.
- Generated over $28,000 in revenue from customer room service; recognized by supervisors for strong performance.
- Actively contributed to the quality of life for seniors in a retirement home through frequent volunteerism and care packages.
- Helped to develop and refine positive working relationships between front desk and housekeeping staff in order to improve efficiency and hotel services.
- Offered hospitality by baking pies, cookies, and cakes for hotel guests; received appreciation awards from residents and co-workers.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 8
- Experienced oral and written communication with guests to assist them in the process of booking accommodations; aided in the understanding of various individuals throughout the hospitality industry.
- Served as a guide for new residents to familiarize themselves with the services provided by the community.
- Assisted with security detail for conferences, conventions, annual meetings, and trade meetings; professionally coordinated security procedures; established rapport between all parties involved.
- Supervised departmental staff members during events; coordinated efforts when required to facilitate guest interaction with management team.
- Managed when necessary to replace key personnel during emergencies including but not limited to high alert situations which required operations at an immediate level of efficiency.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 9
- Assembled, sorted, and packed 250 standard guest packages each week as a very efficient packer.
- Gathered and organized supplies as an expediter/bagger to ensure that materials shipped out for the next hotel stay went smoothly.
- Validated and pulled customer billing information from vendor data bases as an assistant to the Purchasing Agent.
- Processed and sent out all outgoing mail as well as incoming mail to the correct destinations according to U.S. Postal Service guidelines and procedures. The consistency in quality of construction and customer service during times of recession was greatly appreciated by guests, employees, and company stakeholders alike.
- Put in place, and maintained a thorough and comprehensive document management system in the Hotel which was used by all departments.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 10
- Enrolled guests at their request, waiting on waiting lines, and offering assistance to surprised guests.
- Responsible for making sure the guest was taken care of at their preferred meal choice and knew how to get them to their vehicle.
- Promoted and mentored new employees and students in customer service and sales during four months of training.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service by achieving increased revenue and increased profits.
- Helped provide a higher level of service than any other employee at the hotel for 40 days by increasing sales as well as profit margins, as well as employee retention as a result of faster processing times.
Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 11
- Sought to enhance the hotel guest’s experience; provided courtesy and personal service; met and exceeded guest’s expectations and desires consistently.
- Mastered role as a self-starter within the organization; demonstrated initiative and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Receiving superior performance appraisals from superiors for exceptional results, ability to adapt quickly to changing duties, ability to work independently or under supervision.
- Certified “Front Desk Superstar”; recognized by the Chief of Staff for outstanding performance in management practices, customer satisfaction ratings from guests who have used hotel services.
- Invited to join the leadership team for the launch of a new hotel in the Greater Phoenix area.
A High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of customer service experience are required, additional certifications in hospitality are helpful. Skills to be successful include strong interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills, excellent oral communication, excellent written communication good time management skills, good organizational skills, experience with conflict resolution, and knowledge of the local area.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Guest Services Agent Resume Samples
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 1
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 2
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 3
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 4
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 5
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 6
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 7
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 8
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 9
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 10
- Guest Services Agent Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up