An HR coordinator can be found at most companies, and they handle the many needs of the employees working in the many different departments. From helping new hires get settled, to handling the records of current employees to assisting others with questions and filing issues with the company, an HR coordinator works to ensure that everyone has what they need to succeed.
How to Become a Successful HR Coordinator?
Most companies want you to have at least an Associates degree, but a bachelor’s degree is also a great aid. Typically, you would want it in a communications field or a specialized HR program to give you the skills needed for the job.
After you have your degree you can seek out employment in a wide variety of locations, as most companies have an HR department. You could work in a standard business, a hospital, a school or even a government facility in a starting position.
There will usually be on the job training that will teach you all the basics of the software used by the company and the standards and practices. Keeping to confidentiality laws will be typically be of the utmost importance due to the information you will be handling.
Learning from your more experienced co-workers will help you to learn how to better work within the company and prepare you for a leadership role, as teamwork is very important to all HR teams in achieving their goals.
Once you have the necessary experience and are promoted to coordinator, you will need to focus on keeping the employees that work for you well trained. This also applies to those you hire, as they will need to be well trained as well.
The Best HR Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real HR Coordinator resumes for your reference.
- Managed projects start to finish including a Global Communications Internship for multiple brands each semester.
- Handled and troubleshot HRIS, benefits, sick leave inquiries, compliance, and any billing issues.
- Created and implemented new processes for data management and overall program efficiency.
- Updated and audited HR transactions for various brands with 90% accuracy in Oracle system.
- Improved the organization of paper files for leave of absences by grouping into years.
- Assisted in organizing paper files for Aramis and Tom Ford brands.
- Provide administrative support to VP, AVP, Director of Training, Recruitment and Benefits.
- Develop and generate monthly HRIS reports showing vacancy, headcount, new hire and turnover rates, etc.
- Oversee HR operations including new hires paperwork, on boarding, separation, final payouts, and employee status changes.
- Manage benefits process including medical plan enrollments, changes, terminations, 403(b), LOA and COBRA.
- Standardized HR policies including position management, performance management, and search procedure by meeting with individuals in different departments.
- Managed faculty and staff job postings on internal and external websites, application process, dissemination of applications,responding to applicants and communicating with hiring managers.
- Trained and provided technical support to staff on various platforms and systems.
- Cut brokers fees, insurance company costs and liability by ensuring 100% turnaround time of reporting workers’ compensation claims within 3 business days.
- Develop new on boarding process including creating materials: welcome book, employee handbook, welcome deck.
- Work with legal to manage employee visa/immigration processing as well as outlining termination strategies.
- Conduct regular employee check-ins and exit interviews to provide strategic suggestions to leaders based on feedback.
- Prepare offer letters, increase notices, severance agreements, and all other employee documentation items.
- Create and organize confidential new hire files for new employees.
- Data entry of employee salaries for corporate and store locations around the world.
- Prepare and verify employee PTO’s, union contracts and dues for employees.
- Evaluating reports and results of assigned client in relation to established goals, while recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures.
- Performs and oversees the administration of enrollments, claims resolutions, monthly invoices, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Proactively collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure appropriate awareness of and support for process changes/improvements and strategic initiatives.
- Completes any and all data entry and/or any necessary changes that pertain to the client’s employees.
- Partner with operations directors and managers to hire hourly and salary personnel, foster employee engagement and to manage the benefits, employee relations for 300 employees.
- Facilitate full-cycle recruitment process and source candidates.
- Control all background checks, pre-employment physicals, drug screens with appropriate vendors.
- Receives job posting requests, reviews job description with project managers for accuracy.
- Prepares and posts job vacancy to various websites, newspapers, and Texas Workforce Solutions job fairs.
- Collects, screens, and distributes resumes to project managers.
- Verifies employment eligibility of new hires through completion of background/drug check & physical, I-9/E-verify, and electronic onboarding.
- Working closely with the Human Resources team to proactively complete administrative and tactical duties within the ATS/HRIS system such as onboarding new hires, creating Offer letter, generating background check through iCIMS.
- Administration of HR ticketing system for Human Resources related inquiries.
- Maintaining facilities and coordinating activities that include recordkeeping, mail distribution, and office upkeep and serving as a liaison to the executive assistant.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, receiving visitors, and providing general information about Company to the public and customers.
- Conduct employee benefits class to explain benefits and the benefits enrollment process.
- Manages annual open enrollment process; develops communication materials all employee records and credentialing documents.
- Employee injury administrator. Serves on safety committee; provide analysis of injury trends and safety recommendations.
- Skilled at resolving escalations by evaluating options and generating effective solutions.
- Create tools to maximize efficiency within the framework of the client’s process.
- Facilitate updates and corrections of candidate human resource records in eSSO.
- Process and ensure payment of sign on bonuses and relocation packages.