A Spa Receptionist is primarily responsible for providing customer service to spa customers. Duties include answering phones, greeting people when they arrive, scheduling appointments or reservations, completing purchases on gift cards or gift certificates, assigning locker numbers to new guests, making sure that locker rooms are clean and well-stocked with necessary amenities, helping provide information about services being offered by the spa. The top skills for this position are customer service skills including patience and tact when dealing with difficult customers or upset individuals, ability to work independently while remaining focused on high-quality results/performance at all times, flexibility in working hours if needed (most employment will be part-time), staying organized and detail-oriented. A high school diploma or equivalent is required but previous experience in a front desk or receptionist position can be helpful.
The Best Spa Receptionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Spa Receptionist resumes for your reference.
- Responsible for opening and closing the spa as per the standard operating procedures.
- Perform responsibilities of providing detailed descriptions of spa packages, treatments, discounts, services, promotions, and features of facilities.
- Handle the tasks of responding to guest queries and providing excellent guest service.
- Perform responsibilities of maintaining a clean, safe, and well-organized working environment.
- Managed over 300 customer-hour accounts on a daily basis.
- Duties include answering multiple telephones, scheduling 15+ appointments a day, rectifying all mistakes or failed communications between employees and guests, maintaining the organization of the retail room as well as keeping the washing area organized to keep it stocked with towels and supplies throughout the day, always providing amenities to the guest when needed.
- Confirm 40+ appointments a day, recommend retail products as well as meet my sales quota weekly, educate guests on spa services and retail, ensure proper cleanliness and ambiance, performing close-out reports using the software at the end of each day.
- Concierges serve as a receptionist, problem solvers, event coordinators,s and personal assistants.
- Communicated effectively and interacted with customers to provide insightful information needed for orderly service, progress reports, or referrals.
- Followed all state and city regulations so the business was compliant with licensing but also safe for employees.
- Update software database, such as entering new pricing, new services, and other fields as needed.
- Price retail products, and maintain the retail area in a professional manner.
- Refill locker rooms with supplies, and maintain the facility’s cleanliness and order.
- Keep desk area organized, and maintain office and spa supplies. File and maintain records.
- Support Spa Manager with the necessary communication, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Processed guest payments for room charges, food and beverage charges, and phone charges.
- Answered department telephone calls within 1 ring, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Processed credit card transactions during the checkout process.
- Referred guests to local restaurants and recommended attractions in the area.
- Introduced appropriate methods and procedures for filing phone call reports to the proper channels; received a “No Call” award from the CEO due to outstanding service records.
- Responsible for ensuring the Spa locker rooms are well maintained and that the guests’ experience is flawless, responsible for making sure the locker room and gym facilities are well maintained.
- Assisting the Spa team with daily tasks, including but not limited to stocking the spa, directing guests, and maintaining overall cleanliness.
- I have provided excellent quality and service to our guests plus exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- I proactively welcomed guests while dealing with all inquiries, being knowledgeable about treatments, products, and services offered as well as pricing, and scheduling treatments to maximize the use of time within the treatment schedule.
- Received an employee of the month award from her fellow workers; created an efficient work environment by providing the information needed through effective processing of data, filing, and preparation of reports.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and interest in providing exceptional guest service and creating memorable experiences.
- Greeted persons entering the organization and directed persons to the correct destination.
- Greeted all guests and escorted them to the locker area, providing a tour and/or assistance as needed.
- Provided visitors with a tour of the spa and also made sure guests were given a warm robe, sandals, and a locker and/or locker key.
- Gathered daily medical and spa statistics, met with clients to understand their health concerns, and assisted with the bookkeeping by entering data into the computer.
- Performing general secretarial duties, including meeting scheduling, faxing and mailing.
- Coordinating maintenance of the front desk reception area equipment, furniture, lighting, applications, and brochure.
- Maintaining a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Introducing new beauty products to clients and educating them on their uses and benefits.
- Assisting in getting client’s feedback on the level of services delivered in order to improve service delivery.
- Assisted with any facility cleaning such as organizing and sterilizing the environment while closing at the end of the night.
- Cleaned and washed equipment, such as glassware, metal instruments, and trays.
- Handled any customer complaints and try to resolve problems that may occur.
- Provided help in filing out new client paperwork for insurance claims for those who received services.
- Achieved the highest possible level of service on all customer satisfaction surveys.
- Answering the telephone, transferring calls, taking accurate messages, greeting customers.
- Cashiering, giving tours of the spa facility, and scheduling appointments.
- Notifying staff members of any customer cancellations or the arrival of any unscheduled visitors.
- Supervised all shifts of employees.
- Replaced the receptionist with a well-run, low-stress environment for clients and customers by greeting guests, answering phones, and taking appointments.
- Opens the Point of Sales system at the beginning of the shift and ensures the Spa is ready for business.
- Greet the customers with enthusiasm and professionalism while always providing the highest level of exceptional customer service.
- Works closely with the Spa Manager to educate, promote and sell merchandise on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively solicits clients for treatments (massage, skin, and hair) and schedules them for an appointment.
- They followed appropriate procedures to respond to clients’ needs and requests.
- Received and greeted clients politely, leaving a positive impression of the firm in their minds.
- Set appointments for managers and clients per request, with due consideration to their schedules.
- Coordinated with the staff at meetings and conferences to make arrangements for refreshments and meals.
- Collected emails and replied as per the instructions of seniors and managers.
- Assisted the owner in providing services to patrons as needed.
- Maintaining the front desk of the spa and being the first point of contact for guests entering our facility.
- Then check the guests into their appointments and ensure everything is booked correctly.
- Keeping track of guests while they are enjoying the facility checking in on them occasionally to make sure their experience is pleasurable.
- Bestowed gift certificates to graduating seniors of the school she worked at; encouraged parental involvement in their children’s education.
- Accepted full-time position with credit card company as an administrative assistant handling customer service, collections contact, and customer relations.
How to Become a Successful Spa Receptionist?
- The educational requirements for this position will vary mostly by location, as smaller establishments will likely only want you to have a high school diploma or GED and an upbeat personality while larger establishments may want some kind of a degree from a program in secretary or administrative work.
- Being the first person people see when they enter and often the voice that answers the phones as well, you will need to be upbeat and personable so that your employer gets the best first impression possible. Customers will always be happier if you welcome them with a polite and caring greeting every time.
- In addition to being personable, you will need to be well organized and have an excellent sense of multitasking. You will be the one who schedules appointments, and that will mean you need to always have them in an understandable order as well as be able to set them up while caring for and welcoming customers.
Another of your responsibilities will be to give customers information, and that means you will need to know potential services offered well and their prices to recommend them, and getting to know clients so you can recommend what they like will make you more successful down the line.
Many people today will tell you that life is more stressful than ever before and that they need as much help as possible to relax and get the stress off their shoulders. A spa is a great place for people to go and get some much-needed stress relief, and a spa receptionist is the first face they usually see when they arrive.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.