The Garbage Man collects and removes waste and recyclable material. Their duties include driving the garbage truck, removing refuse materials from commercial, industrial and residential areas, transporting trash to a designated deposit site, sorting refuse that is recyclable, and incinerates the rest, depositing incinerated waste into landfills, covering the waste with dirt.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Garbage Man Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Garbage Man resumes for your reference.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 1
- Successfully managed to improve productivity by 50% by training employees to report directly to me with questions rather than the dispatcher.
- Troubleshot garbage truck problems by locating customers, sensors, leach lines, and electrical connections for replacement of faulty parts.
- Accurately maintained 65% of trucks on annual schedule; reduced overtime by 50%.
- Performed over 60 quality inspections on garbage trucks; ensured the safety of customers by eliminating maintenance-related hazards.
- Received 70% of overall company rating for overall job performance; received 100% of individual responsibility rating for all jobs passed/improved.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 2
- Performed skilled maintenance and repair tasks.
- Trained fellow employees by assisting with aptitude tests, providing career counseling, and mentoring.
- Acquired CPR certification, Certified First Responder certification, and approved by the city of Fort Wayne for entry into the Fort Wayne Fire Department.
- Instructed classes to students in automotive repair at economic development programs to teach employment skills within the automotive field.
- Researched and implemented ways to save the city of Fort Wayne millions of dollars on repair expenses of their vehicles.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 3
- Eliminated minor maintenance problems on the job to avoid relocating cranes, grabs, traps, and other equipment.
- Increased productivity by repairing damaged equipment faster than competitors.
- Dealt with customers and co-workers in an efficient and professional manner.
- Received award for superior performance.
- Achieved recognition as outstanding employee based on criteria specified by the Chief Financial Officer.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 4
- Garaged a variety of vehicles, from a limousine bus to a school bus. Disposed of large amounts of trash from the school and community, including demolition debris from auto crash scenes, in order to speed up road repair.
- Cleaned windows and windowsills in multiple buildings. Cleaned indoor pools and structures that were about to be demolished or demolished in the winter.
- Removed snow from parking lots and sidewalks. Applied flame retardant to fire extinguishers during the summer months.
- Went on at least two one-day garbage runs across town for pet owners who needed help transporting their old pets to a local animal shelter.
- Worked as a part of a team to repair the faculty/staff lounge, which had been damaged during a winter storm. Worked alongside cabinet makers and glazers to finish the job in time for the new school year.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 5
- Recovered a beloved pooch from a truckload of garbage, for which the grateful owner rewarded with an unexpected pet deposit check.
- Restored a vintage ’57 Chevy to its former beauty and glory after it had been vandalized by neighborhood kids.
- Culled a huge strawberry-rhubarb pie from a dumpster to feed a neighborhood party of forty-five people.
- Performed vehicle maintenance under all conditions, from below zero to over one hundred degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mended fences between several neighbors by locating and returning their missing dogs, cats, geese, and guinea pigs.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 6
- Ensured the cleanliness of over 1.5 million square feet of commercial property by maintaining a high standard of efficiency in the waste collection from a fleet of garbage trucks and a small landfill.
- Handled hot and dangerous conditions in a confined work environment where I was responsible for recycling, composting, and disposal of huge volumes of trash daily.
- Implemented new safety procedures for equipment operations that dramatically reduced occurrence rates regarding equipment accidents.
- Resolved customer complaints about service quality within three hours on average after the initial contact with the customer.
- Suggested buying high-efficiency garbage trucks that saved $93,000 annually through lower operating costs and fuel consumption.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 7
- Performed major renovations on multiple condominium units to meet current standards for quality of living and aesthetics.
- Researched and installed a multi-zone air conditioning system on a multi-family house.
- Performed minor heating and air conditioning repairs to customer-owned luxury cars.
- Installed a fire alarm system on a building with over 100 units of student housing.
- Applied for an apprenticeship as a Certified Electrical Technician as part of the National Electrical Contractors Association’s Apprenticeship Training Program.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 8
- Retained my job for the entirety of the time I was employed with the city.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained most-importantly, the equipment my department needed to perform most tasks.
- Performed all maintenance tasks myself on a daily basis, including maintenance of controls, motors, pumps, hydraulics, valves, etc.
- Stocked and maintained all parts on hand including fuel oil filters for garbage trucks.
- Achieved award for the outstanding quality of workmanship on December 17th, 1999 according to the City of Irving Maintenance Department Supervisor.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 9
- Seeded, trimmed, bagged, separated, hauled trash away from “Guns-R-Us” in three hours.
- Did general maintenance on the south side of the property including hosing down walks and cleaning gutters.
- Closed out a solid waste contract with area residents by racking up over 1600 empties per month.
- Racked up over 3000 wheelbarrow wheel rolling loads in 34 wheelbarrows wheel per load averages for this 4 months.
- Promoted by the store manager to store-wide garbage truck driver which allowed me to haul away 2 tons per week out of town customers.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 10
- Performed as a ‘trainee’ for 3 years as an Assistant Foreman, overseeing the daily operations of a small garbage company.
- Advanced from Foreman to Manager in 1 year as responsibility increased.
- Promoted from Manager to Division Supervisor in 2 years, providing leadership and direction for two divisions.
- Negotiated a new contract with a major customer, increasing wages and benefits by 50%.
- Developed maintenance plans, schedules, and equipment maintenance program specifications for a large fleet of city-owned vehicles.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 11
- Performed transportation of debris from the construction site for recycling.
- Cleaned out trash bins, as well as dumpsters from various buildings.
- Composted yard waste from various sites.
- Trained other employees on how to properly dispose of hazardous waste.
- Developed a reputation for customer service, and was designated a “Working Man” by a building tenant.
Garbage Man Resume Sample 12
- Delivered vital household services of trash removal, recycling, and yard debris removal.
- Operated multiple pieces of equipment, including trash trucks with hydraulic hoists, compressors, hydraulics, and compressors of up to one ton.
- Recognized by management for superior clean-up response times to local community requests for repair regarding broken vehicles/equipment and home plumbing issues.
- Received positive feedback from members of the community regarding my prompt response to service requests.
- Promoted from private garbage truck driver to supervisor in eight years due to initiative and enthusiasm.
To work as a Garbage Man, you will need a high school diploma, a CDL, a clean driving record, and pass a criminal background check and drug screening. A Garbage Man must be comfortable working nontraditional hours, able to lift heavy objects, able to work in various weather conditions, must be self-motivated, time-management and awareness, and they must be in good physical condition.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.