GNA’s are also known as Geriatric Aides and are responsible for assisting Nurses and other healthcare professionals in the proper care of elderly patients. They provide patient care under the direction of nursing staff members, maintain a clean environment, assist patients with dressing and personal care, assist with transportation of patience, take vital signs, and communicate patient needs to other staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Geriatric Nursing Assistant resumes for your reference.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Attended Crissy Field Center for formal training in the care of the elderly; provided orientation and educational needs to residents in the community.
- Collected, sorted, and disposed of all donated clothing.
- Designed and implemented medications consult medications administration process; communicated with physicians regarding patients’ medication requirements.
- Communicated eligibility information regarding available senior housing opportunities to senior citizens.
- Responsible for record-keeping at the Rental Subsidized Apartments for clients who were considered “Deferred Benefit” clients, assisting with identification procedures and completing over-payment processing forms. These records were maintained in support of Senior Housing Subsidy programs throughout California.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Helped seniors complete their daily tasks, such as preparing food and medication.
- Required little to no assistance from other staff members.
- Proactively directed the seniors to set up appointments with a doctor or a physical therapist.
- Responsible for a patient’s safety because of the physical requirements of the job.
- Assisted in facilitating activities such as reading books and singing songs, which helped moods.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Helped achieve top performance for our group of GeriNurse. Received call of appriciation from Head of Department.
- Increased the number of nursing assistants assigned to provide basic supervision, education, and support to 100 nurses in a medical unit at Walter Reed Medical Center.
- Deployed overseas with U.S. Army for duty with combat support hospitals at Camp Spivey, Iraq.
- Demonstrated compassion to residents via specialist training in leukemia treatment; over 500 patients prepared for chemotherapy at Walter Reed Medical Center.
- Achieved award as the top GeriNurse for all of: Active duty enlisted personnel and reservists, Retired military personnel and family members, Federal employees and contractors, Veterans and retirees.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Fostered a positive, cooperative working relationship with residents and their families; recognized for establishing excellent customer service and rapport skills.
- Identified and assessed the needs of residents and their families; demonstrated initiative and received recognition for effective communication and rapport-building skills.
- Recognized by the CEO as an outstanding team player; a demonstrated initiative to foster positive working relationships with coworkers, customers, and employees.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service by demonstrating concern for the customers’ needs as well as quality work product such as reports, documentation, etc.
- Participated in the community-based program, “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”; recognized for fostering positive relationships with customers, coworkers, and employees.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Consistently completed accurate data entry for physicians’ charts in a timely fashion.
- Assisted physician in patient examination administering hygiene care and dressing patients following assessments.
- Recognized for outstanding performance and was awarded by the Quality Care Committee.
- Attended and successfully completed Geriatric Nursing Assistant certification program and was honored by the institute with a certificate and pin.
- Completed several training programs on infection control procedures and was recognized by the hospital administration for professional performance.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Participated in continuous training and monitoring of Alzheimer patients and other aged individuals, and ensured that observation and documentation were current.
- Dispatched medical personnel to the homes of elderly individuals when their conditions warranted medical attention.
- Performed basic nursing duties when necessary; monitored vital signs, administering medication, and fed patients.
- Assisted with bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, transferring, ambulating (walking), urinating/defecating (peeing/pooping), positioning for comfort, and hygiene in accordance with nurse’s directives; managed durable medical equipment.
- Met and/or exceeded staff and patient expectations; received gratitude from patients’ families.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Implemented care plans and procedures; treated patients with respect and dignity.
- Provided non-medical as well as medical care; gave patients medications as needed.
- Performed clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, filing records, and answering telephones.
- Recognized by peers as a reliable caregiver; often asked to assist other nursing assistants with their work.
- Promoted to a supervisory position due to outstanding ability to supervise and motivate other employees.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for the development of policies and procedures pertaining to patient care, including maintenance of medical records.
- Participated in the development of unit activities, including day-to-day activities that promoted an optimal quality of life for patients.
- Achieved award for quality by demonstrating above-average nursing skills and superior knowledge.
- Attended staff meetings to ensure effective teamwork, collaboration, and communication among staff members.
- Gave excellent care to patients at all times.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Aided in the care of elderly patients by assessing, planning activities, coordinating care, and following up with Doctors.
- Increased assistance with three different poplars to ensure smooth transitions for each patient.
- Helped to organize supplies for many users who were discharged/discharged from the hospital or hospice.
- Assisted in organizing two hospitals’ libraries.
- Provided assistance in organizing office supplies while maintaining office policies and organization.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Drafted treatment plan for geriatric patients.
- Helped with patient activity report to meet objectives set by the department/group.
- Focused on educating patients about their illness.
- Helped improve patient’s mobility by incorporating specialized aids, such as handrails, walkers, and wheelchairs, into daily activities.
- Assisted with management of medication administration for patients with varying diagnoses.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Administered medications to patients, kept records up-to-date and handled residents’ personal hygiene needs.
- Developed relationships with senior patients by performing activities such as bingo, playing cards, and handcrafting.
- Provided assistance with physical therapy to residents following surgery.
- Developed relationships with hospital staff by effectively communicating the needs of residents, resolving conflicts among residents, and demonstrating care for all residents daily.
- Supported nurses in medical procedures such as taking blood pressure during the admission process, assisting residents in getting comfortable for medical procedures, and handing nursing assistants supplies during procedures.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided basic first aid to individuals of all ages, including infants and the elderly.
- Managed assigned individuals, providing care for individuals’ personal needs.
- Developed effective techniques for handling certain types of individuals, based on the patients’ condition and needs.
- Developed effective techniques for handling all medical conditions of adults, including geriatric patients.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated with other personnel to provide home health service to the elderly throughout the day.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Trained and assisted in maintaining the quality of care in the facility; efficiently completed cleaning tasks.
- Coordinated daily activities of several staff members; made friends with residents and staff, and exhibited professional communication skills.
- Maintained active hand hygiene; initiated food tray service to ensure adequate nutrition for residents.
- Followed all protocols when providing care to residents including medication administration, patient transfers, bathing, reading orders, meal preparation/serving/delivery to patients’ rooms.
- Received task specialization award based on exemplary performance in all areas of geriatric nursing duties.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Developed client relationships in all facets of client care. Worked under excellent supervision in providing care for the client, developing personalized care plans, and performing tasks to the client’s satisfaction.
- Oversaw patients in the nursing unit, patient records department, and social services department. Worked to establish daily routines, followed up on the documentation for each patient, and worked a 12-hour shift including a 4-hour shift at weekend and a 12-hour shift during the holiday season
- Worked with clients with respect. Maintained confidentiality of clients’ information by sharing information only as necessary to provide appropriate care.
- Distinguished herself as a skilled professional by maintaining a positive, friendly attitude while providing care.
- Received outstanding quality award from the Director of Nursing for outstanding performance in all areas of geriatric nursing.
Geriatric Nursing Assistants are not required to have a nursing degree; however, proper training, clinical hours, and a high school diploma are required. GNA workers use interpersonal skills actively to form a rapport with patients, have a caring presence, and work in home, hospital, or nursing home settings.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.