A Field Organizer organizes volunteers to go out and discuss issues with the general public. Duties include recruiting volunteers, interviewing volunteers, training volunteers, organizing meetings and events, writing “letters to the editor”, designing social media strategies, and conducting volunteer orientation meetings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Field Organizer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Field Organizer resumes for your reference.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 1
- Organized a successful team of 100 volunteers for a fundraiser in under 15 days.
- Ran weekly phone banks with 25 volunteers to contact approximately 3,000 targeted voters per week over a four month period.
- Assisted in planning and executing a major demonstration that attracted national media attention on an issue of concern to the organization.
- Handled over 15 cases involving estate planning, real estate closings, contract reviews, employment issues and general problems with the skill and discretion necessary to maintain client confidentiality. Worked closely with clients to assess their needs and explain options clearly; delivered high quality work product with minimal supervision at all times. Successfully advocated firm positions before state agencies in a variety of situations, including one case involving a visit to the state capitol.
- Ran highly successful fundraising events that raised more than $4,000 for the organization.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 2
- Registered 22 new members in two days; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Spearheaded the signing of a memorandum of understanding between charity and local government which saved time, money, energy, and human resources.
- Achieved contracted membership goal with an additional 10% increase before deadline after successfully increasing outreach efforts via social media.
- Volunteered in soup kitchen to serve food to homeless families with children during holidays.
- Conducted direct outreach efforts at annual health fairs partnering charities with community organizations/businesses to provide educational information on various health issues while providing screenings.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw the organization of 15 annual fundraising events in which over $500,000 were raised for the benefit of community organizations.
- Increased membership by 200% within 1 year; recognized as Outstanding Organizer by Board of Directors.
- Promoted to Coordinator position after 6 months serving as Field Organizer due to outstanding performance and dedication to the nonprofit’s mission.
- Managed pro bono social media outreach through engaging with high-level media outlets covering topics that remained consistent with agency goals.
- Led major volunteer recruitment agency-wide campaign, increasing total number of volunteers from less than 5,000 to over 10,000 within 3 weeks.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 4
- Held in-depth conference in preparation for event with over 40 nonprofit organizations, local businesses, and churches.
- Oversaw volunteers to ensure all tasks were completed on time during community event.
- Recruited, developed, trained, led 10 organizers dedicated to promoting voter registration among minorities.
- Promoted positive public awareness of the organization through media relations efforts involving local print and television news reporters.
- Provided guidance towards start-up of three community service projects that have positively impacted neighborhoods in multiple areas including education services, tutoring programs, political lobbying efforts at state level to serve underprivileged children within inner city schools.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 5
- Built a volunteer base of more than 120 individuals by recruiting, training and motivating volunteers to support the mission of the organization.
- Contributed over 100 hours of service, resulting in a tangible improvement at a local non-profit agency.
- Exceeded fundraising goal by $4,000 for Friends Committee on Legislation Education Fund; recognized by Executive Director.
- Achieved positive results through strong customer relations with donors and board members using excellent representation skills.
- Eliminated long-standing issues with management regarding inadequate donor relations; necessary changes immediately implemented through my recommendations.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 6
- Helped to organize over 200 volunteers for annual campus cleanup; recognized with award by president of university.
- Innovated new outreach program with the community, increasing awareness and cultivation of overall civic involvement among under-represented groups in their communities.
- Spearheaded project to put one million books into the hands of children living in poverty through a holistic approach involving five national organizations.
- Planned and executed event that raised $75,000 for charity during a prestigious international games competition.
- Created a youth leadership forum to help at-risk teens take responsibility for their future while gaining political awareness and social awareness within their communities.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 7
- Recruited to organize a special town hall project for over 50 volunteers in an effort to raise awareness and dialogue about community issues.
- Coordinated a data entry team of six dedicated employees who logged 30,000 hours inputting donor information into a database for fundraising purposes.
- Led a multi-cultural group to rural Ghana as part of long term international volunteer service program through Habitat for Humanity.
- Collaborated with school faculty and staff on social justice projects including sitting as co-chairperson as an anti-bullying task force to support sensitivity training and peer mediation programs.
- Supported the development of 40 after-school tutor programs at high schools throughout New York City by recruiting and coordinating with volunteer tutors.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 8
- Strengthened community resources by soliciting and managing grants, representing organization at meetings and conferences, and collaborating with other non-profit organizations.
- Collaborated with college student volunteers to conduct ongoing research, outreach activities, and public education utilizing social media marketing.
- Contributed over 100 hours of service while sustaining full time student status; recognized for outstanding service during monthly general body meeting.
- Elevated funds by developing relationships between constituents and raising awareness through participation in fundraising events such as bake sales, dances, concerts, etc.
- Promoted the goals of rescuing farm animals through aggressive action including letter writing campaigns to senators, congressional visits in Washington DC, online petitions to create policy change, and grassroots initiatives to gather support from local communities.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 9
- Organized and recruited 50 volunteers to complete a project in under two days. Assigned volunteers efficiently and effectively using previous experience, time management skills, and interest in the cause at hand (homeless shelter build-out).
- Implemented successful social media campaign that educated the community about homelessness. Engaged over 1,000 people who expressed support for the homeless through social media sharing of information.
- Fostered success with four experiential learning projects administered by mentorship program/campaign designed to provide non-traditional students an opportunity to gain real world work experience while receiving academic credit towards their degree.
- Strengthened intergenerational relationships between different age groups through art initiatives by creating a collaborative effort with a senior center to create modern, hip art pieces for the lobby.
- Collaborated with community leaders and built relationships with several faith-based communities to complete projects that increased community interaction and were discussed in multiple congregations.
Field Organizer Resume Sample 10
- Organized over 100 volunteers to provide senior citizens with home repairs.
- Achieved a 40% increase of average donations from previous fundraisers, as noted by the Board of Directors.
- Planned and conducted a highly successful week-long fundraiser resulting in a 10% increase of revenue from previous year.
- Improved communication between management and 16 employees through weekly meetings to review goals and progress reports.
- Gained an understanding of legal issues impacting non-profit organizations through research projects provided by Director of Development.
Field organizers usually have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, although it is not required. Skills needed are salesmanship, excellent oral communication skills, patience, strong grasp of the issues concerning the non-profit organization, good computer skills, good phone skills, self-starter, confident, able to talk to people from diverse backgrounds, and able to work nights and weekends.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.