An Expeditor expedites the movement of supplies, parts and other products and plays a vital role in keeping the supply chain moving. Basic duties of an expeditor include moving supplies, creating manifests, making deliveries to different locations, coordinating with the supply chain, interacting with inspectors, processing and submitting documents, as well as performing follow ups to ensure deliveries have been made successfully.
Educational requirements of an expediter include a high school education, bachelor’s degree, and may require CDL or other certifications. Necessary skills include strong written and verbal communication, record keeping skills, basic computer skills, ability to lift heavy items continuously, able to pay attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and the ability to coordinate with others.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Expeditor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Expeditor resumes for your reference.
Expeditor Resume Sample 1
- Received an A++ on first shift for hitting all goals.
- Give great effort to obtain reliable information from all departments to ensure accuracy of work tasks.
- Drafted complete changeover documentation for production lines within two days of transfer; recognized by the National Operations Manager as a stand-out performer.
- Performed significant job duties in order to expedite customer service and maintain high level of productivity.
- Implemented new programs to improve quality, labor utilization, and cost effectiveness resulting in $30K savings per month or $360K annually.
Expeditor Resume Sample 2
- Established and maintained productive working relationships with cross-functional counterparts and suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient flow of material.
- Issued work instructions for opening, unloading, processing, and reloading of shipment; expedited all paperwork including customs documents through legal process.
- Achieved 100% on-time delivery on 35 outbound shipments per month.
- Collaborated with management on critical programs such as warehouse consolidation project that reduced inventory by $10MM while reducing expenses by over $300K annually.
- Saved company an estimated $40k in unnecessary shipping expenses after researching new carriers system wide.
Expeditor Resume Sample 3
- Resolved supply chain problems for customers by effectively utilizing Walmart’s ERP system to identify and implement alternative solutions.
- Conducted a retrospective analysis of a failed project within a foreign country, delivered presentation on possible improvement measures before upper management.
- Enthusiastically endorsed by managers for exceptional service after identifying the root cause of customer service problems and taking appropriate action to resolve them.
- Achieved operational milestone as an expeditor; executed orders within allocated time-frame to meet customer expectations.
- Expedited over 200,000 units annually from point-to-point locations throughout Australia including rural zones with no internet access or phone connection.
Expeditor Resume Sample 4
- Handled all expediting requests in a timely manner while preventing interruptions to the production floor.
- Recovered mis-routed goods, identified root cause of mistakes, and corrected discrepancies throughout distribution process to prevent future errors for improved inventory control.
- Planned daily work schedules for teams of up to 30 people based on demand forecasts, customer orders, and production requirements while adhering to strict quality guidelines.
- Identified problems with materials during audits at multiple international facilities leading to increased efficiency and reduced unexpected expenses by $20 million yearly.
- Elevated department performance to 99% customer satisfaction through streamlined processes and innovative management techniques; recognized by President of company via award ceremony.
Expeditor Resume Sample 5
- Resolved logistical conflicts that arose when assigned responsibility for the delivery of supplies to work sites; led expedited deliveries.
- Managed logistic records and processing documentation through use of software packages (i.e., Microsoft Office).
- Assisted in overhauling existing inventory control systems; designed new forms, processed acquisition requests, and maintained records for over $18 million dollars in inventory transactions.
- Delivered high-quality service while working independently to resolve problems with equipment malfunctions at customer facilities.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award based on meeting quality standards set by managers that resulted in reducing operating expenses by $7 million dollars annually.
Expeditor Resume Sample 6
- Achieved 51% increase in expediting productivity by 20%; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Promoted to manager; founded logistics procedures, weekly staff meetings, and quarterly action plan.
- Developed organizational system that combines effective communication with 3PL warehouse management software to improve warehouse organization and labeling system.
- Successfully implemented new process improvements that lowered error rates across the board while improving customer experience ratings.
- Reduced expenses $42k per year by designing improved parts packaging process which cut out steps previously required for installation of equipment.
Expeditor Resume Sample 7
- Scheduled daily staging of freight for shipments, while meeting customer requirements.
- Monitored external suppliers to ensure timely delivery of material.
- Managed the weekly transfer of 20+ trailers, with over $100K worth of inventory.
- Provided insight into shipping issues that resulted in 5% fewer costs on commodities; recognized by the management group.
- Negotiated prices with transportation companies to reduce bill by 6%; used my own tactics since standard negotiation procedures had failed to yield results.
Expeditor Resume Sample 8
- Achieved goals and achieved #1 performance as an expeditor for 3 consecutive quarters.
- Streamlined processes, reduced cycle times, improved service levels, reduced costs without sacrificing customer service or safety.
- Identified more than $15M in savings through materials purchase price reductions with two key suppliers.
- Designed a new process to reduce material handling time by 25% via light-duty roller conveyors.
- Installed new computerized system of providing shipment status of more than 100 pneumatic tube operators.
Expeditor Resume Sample 9
- Ranked as the #1 expeditor among a team of 30 for my ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Managed a fleet of 40 company vehicles ensuring timely deliveries and maintenance via online tracking software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills during 3 months as Performance Improvement Team Leader by identifying process improvements that led to better customer satisfaction ratings.
- Resolved an unexpected problem with vendor deliveries that prevented 10 trucks from reaching their destinations on time. Successfully re-allocated workloads and duties amongst the remaining work force so deadlines were met successfully.
- Recruited, trained, and managed a new logistics intern resulting in a major increase in productivity reports within the first two weeks.
Expeditor Resume Sample 10
- Increased throughput of receiving by 29% within first year.
- Pioneered improvements to receiving process, eliminating over 50% of error-prone steps that caused work stoppage.
- Eliminated need for subcontracted services by streamlining merchandising operations, saving company $53,000/year.
- Implemented standardized procedures at all DCs leading to significant increase in on-time deliveries and reduction of delivery errors.
- Reduced logistics costs by analyzing routes & fuel consumption; saved company $20,000 annually through operational efficiencies.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.