A construction manager works in the construction industry and provides comprehensive management of construction projects. Duties include reviewing blueprints, establishing project timetables, determining material costs, determining labor costs, hiring subcontractors, scheduling employees, obtaining permits, ensuring worksite safety, and ensuring building codes are followed. Education requirements vary ranging from an extensive background in construction to a bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction engineering, or related field, certifications may also at times be required. Skills to succeed as a construction manager include strong management skills, good planning skills for complex projects, excellent verbal communication skills, excellent written communication skills, good time management skills, problem-solving skills, and an understanding of all aspects of construction.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Manager resumes for your reference.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 1
- Researched, analyzed, and reported on engineering conditions of three facilities to provide information for construction project necessitated by facility damage from natural disasters.
- Listed appropriates repairs in six projects then inspected each unit to verify that work was completed within scope of contract.
- Discovered construction defect during renovation process; notified client immediately so insurance adjusters could be called in time to save client $100,000.
- Recognized by company president for exceptional performance in the field of safety management; contributed to zero accidents or injuries throughout site.
- Standardized project procedures including requirements for vendors’ bids and progress meeting presentations; reduced overhead costs by $75,000 annually through tendering and scheduling.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed installations of interior construction projects for institutions, corporations, and medical facilities including the coordination of contractors, architects, engineers, vendors/suppliers, client representatives.
- Oversaw renovation projects that included design specifications to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assisted in identifying local talent to hire for hard-to-fill positions; minimizing cost by using local labor.
- Promoted the use of sustainable materials in building construction through research and recommendations.
- Self-directed worker who effectively manages time to perform multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; promoting highest level of availability at all times.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 3
- Focused on the development, production, and implementation of a systematic process of change.
- Improved safety measures by instituting a pre-job orientation for each new crew member.
- Completed projects under budget with no change orders or time overruns during last year.
- Met deadlines through continuous contact with field personnel to maintain work flow.
- Coached three construction teams from different companies in effective organizational principles and procedures while working together on a new build project.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed the construction of an $8M parking garage project, involving both architectural and structural engineering.
- Organized international bidding for materials; selected bidders based on price, quality, and service rates.
- Oversaw all home improvement projects to maximize efficiency and accuracy throughout construction documentation process (15+ homes).
- Supervised work progress during four phases of renovation for each home; reduced expenses by 36% while increasing project speed by 16%.
- Provided technical advice, guidance, and support to supervisor to ensure continuous improvement at all times.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed a team of 4-5 project managers for construction projects with an average value of $50 million, tracking the progress of more than 200 projects.
- Provided status updates on the latest innovations in building methods; increased sales revenue by 40%.
- Identified new opportunities for process improvement and cost saving resulting in annual savings of $3 million.
- Advocated for new safety procedures after two fatalities occurred on site; minimized future risks through comprehensive hazard analysis.
- Promoted to Senior Project Manager after earning professional licensure as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
Construction Manager Resume Sample 6
- Set and met secondary project objectives by assessing site conditions, measuring soil erosion and compaction, and developing a system of erosion control to meet client satisfaction.
- Helped implement the company’s sustainability strategy through sustainable construction practices.
- Completed all required documentation in regards to budgeting for materials with no cost variances in excess of 5% from planned material quantities.
- Assessed load-bearing capacity of existing building structures during renovations with GPR equipment to determine the best course of action to take on each area of concern.
- Managed coordination between multiple divisions within the organization while working under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 7
- Recognized with Owner’s Circle of Excellence Award for cost management on multi-million dollar renovations.
- Oversaw the creation of three new Washington State Licensed Group Home facilities for children in need.
- Developed a service plan to facilitate the future development of community center through research, consultation, and coordination with government officials.
- Identified two additional revenue sources while increasing profits by 30% during my tenure as general manager.
- Improved organizational transparency while increasing efficiency throughout department using Optimization Theory concepts*.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 8
- Transformed a former red-tape-riddled project into a successful, quick-turnaround Divisional Award Winner.
- Promoted to Division 5 Supervisor for construction efforts across the Division; recognized by Division Manager for excellent performance and received overall Department Quality award.
- Improved processes and internal workflow, resulting in an increase of 25% more quality control inspections without increasing staff or costs.
- Earned five awards and commendations from management and peers including recognition as the only person within the organization ever to win both “Peoples Choice” four times, along with “Top Site” twice.
- Increased overall morale, motivation, job satisfaction, and happiness among all employees through consistent delivery of exceptional customer service.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw construction of nearly $25 million in new properties over the last four years; employed an average of 30 workers to complete each project successfully.
- Acted as liaison between owners, suppliers, and manufacturers; scheduled deliveries according to staging drawings for each site.
- Monitored weekly progress against plans; reconciled variances and submitted reports to Director.
- Pioneered accurate costing methodologies that reduced monthly overhead expenses by 16%.
- Devised cycle time reduction plan that increased productivity by 25% while reducing direct labor costs by 5%.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw and managed construction of a $4.5 million renovation project in downtown Boston; responsible for the coordination and management of over 100 workers, equipment, vendors, and material deliveries.
- Acted as contract administrator overseeing all aspects of the construction process including subcontractors, field staffing, purchasing materials and equipment.
- Hired with hiring manager to oversee 12 person team; improved efficiency by 20% through talent acquisition strategies.
- Earned company award for “Employee of the Month” after saving time on estimates that allowed for more efficient cost projections.
- Provided thorough updates to bank execs during loan application processes which resulted in an increase of funding from initial submission amount to final approval of $1.7 million.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 11
- eight construction projects with an overall budget of $20 million, twice exceeding the estimated time schedule.
- Oversaw renovation for ten separate spaces in a four story building; saved the organization $25,000 by finding less expensive alternatives to remodeling.
- Effectively managed multiple teams consisting of engineers, architects, subcontractors and their workers; completed job site inspections on a daily basis.
- Recognized as team player; won employee appreciation week award for “going beyond expectations”.
- Promoted to Project Engineer at age 23 among 200 employees in the department; recognized for exceptional leadership skills.
Construction Manager Resume Sample 12
- Led construction project for new branch bank to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Oversaw the installation of over 50 ATM machines by multiple vendors in a 3-year period.
- Provided comprehensive guidance on purchasing building supplies that saved company $90,000 annually.
- Established procedures for cost control and profit enhancement during six months of travel across three states visiting job sites.
- Recognized as a relationship manager with proven ability to develop clientele within an assigned territory. Worked closely with top management to achieve revenue objectives by identifying potentials for transactions exceeding $100 million in less than 12 months.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.