These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Cake Decorator resumes for your reference.
- Decorated cakes and pastries with designs, using icing bag or handmade paper cone.
- Trimmed uneven surfaces of cake and cut and shaped cake required size, using knife.
- Spread icing between layers and on surfaces of cake, using spatula.
- Squeezed bag to eject icing while moving bag with free-arm writing motions to form design on cake.
- Decorating cakes as instructed on cake design sheets in a timely manner before scheduled time of pick-up, delivery or event.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling counter transactions in a fast, efficient and friendly manner.
- Ensure bake stock of cakes is readily available by assembling and crumb coating cakes a day ahead.
- Checked the cake case every morning and pulled the out of dates from the cake case and replenished the case.
- Made sure all customer cake orders were completed before the time they were scheduled to be picked up.
- Made sure there were plenty of cakes decorated for back up in the freezer.
- Acknowledged all customer walk ins and helped them with anything they needed.
- Organized an international food night to raise money for Whole Planet Foundation that was a huge success and our store finished number one in the mid-atlantic region.
- Introduced new products cake-pops and different flavored parfaits to increase sales $2,500 a week.
- Created a bakery cleaning checklist to improve our health inspection scores and reduce critical violations.
- Decorated soft frosted and fondant style cakes in a fast paced environment, which aided in a continuously increasing volume of sales.
- Participated and improved production of high volume orders form VIP customers, with the ability to adapt to ever changing tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Acted as design decorator that conceptualized special request from William Sonoma.
- Used a variety type of tools such as airbrush, carving tools, and mixers for uniform and intricate type of confectionary products.
- Contribute information gathering, needs assessment, and analytical skills toward effectively and diplomatically responding to issues for timely resolution.
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate orders to ensure on-time completion while maintaining high quality standards.
- Train, mentor, and motivate 5+ employees, with a strong focus on optimizing productivity, efficiency, and performance.
- Increased bakery sales by creating daily rotating window displays to attract customers and influence purchases.
- Managed high-volume workload within a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Handled customer calls, respond to inquiries, and resolved ordering conflicts.
- Prepared and decorated cakes for display area and decorated cakes for customer orders, including wedding cakes.
- Performed simple clean up by washing all tips and utensils and sanitizing work area.
- Prepared orders for next day by setting up anticipated needs.
- Collected old merchandise off shelves and put them on reduced rack to reduce waste and cost.
- Oversee daily bakery functions from bakery maintenance to creating and building layer cakes.
- Delegated responsibilities to 5-10 employees on a daily basis and ensured all expectations and goals were met.
- Created buttercream, whipped. Shelf stable, vegan and other assorted icings.
- Was a cashier for about 1 of my 2 years here and then became a cake decorator when they were left in a lurch due to their cake decorator being out on medical leave.
- Learned how to mass produce cakes, cupcakes, and assorted bakery items.
- Learned more efficient ways of getting as much done as possible in an 8 hour shift.
- Trained new employees in all they needed to know until they were comfortable to be on their own.
- Provide superior customer service and resolve various problems.
- Diligently ensure cleanliness and organization of work areas and maintain inventory stocks.
- Initially recruited for position of Bakery Clerk and rapidly achieved promotion, first to Decorator Apprentice and finally to this role.
- Decorate and prepare product for display cases, (i.e., cakes, pies, cupcakes, decorated cookies, éclairs).
- Complete orders to specifications of the customer and by the standards of the department.
- Applied personal creative touches when special order/instruction to do so by customer or management.