A Cake Decorator is a person who creates edible art. Duties include decorating cakes with fondant, piping icing designs, and creating show-stopping edible centerpieces. The best skills for this position are artistic ability, positive attitude, time management, sales, and customer service. No formal educational requirements exist but graduating from a cake decorating school is beneficial.
The Best Cake Decorator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cake Decorator resumes for your reference.
- Decorated cakes and pastries with designs, using an icing bag or handmade paper cone.
- Trimmed uneven surfaces of cake and cut and shaped cake required size, using a knife.
- Spread icing between layers and on surfaces of cake, using a spatula.
- Squeezed bag to eject icing while moving bag with free-arm writing motions to form design on the cake.
- Designed and decorated specialty cakes for over 500 weddings and special events per year.
- Decorating cakes as instructed on cake design sheets in a timely manner before the scheduled time of pick-up, delivery, or event.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling counter transactions in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Ensure bake stock of cakes is readily available by assembling and crumb coating cakes a day ahead.
- Trained, prepared, and served as a waitress for over 4 years.
- Created original murals on mosaics and paintings from photographs, sketches, and digital photos.
- Checked the cake case every morning and pulled the out of dates from the cake case and replenished the case.
- Made sure all customer cake orders were completed before the time they were scheduled to be picked up.
- Made sure there were plenty of cakes decorated for backup in the freezer.
- Acknowledged all customer walk-ins and helped them with anything they needed.
- Designed printed stationery for greeting cards; delivered floral arrangements for over 25 homes monthly during peak season.
- Organized an international food night to raise money for Whole Planet Foundation that was a huge success and our store finished number one in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Introduced new products cake-pops and different flavored parfaits to increase sales by $2,500 a week.
- Created a bakery cleaning checklist to improve our health inspection scores and reduce critical violations.
- Successfully promoted local businesses through the use of social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Carried out the duties of craftsman in all phases of trades involving construction-related work.
- Decorated soft frosted and fondant style cakes in a fast-paced environment, which aided in a continuously increasing volume of sales.
- Participated and improved production of high volume orders from VIP customers, with the ability to adapt to ever-changing tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Acted as design decorator that conceptualized special requests from William Sonoma.
- Used a variety type of tools such as airbrushes, carving tools, and mixers for uniform and intricate types of confectionery products.
- Confidently and cooperatively handled any difficulties or problems that arose during the course of work.
- Contribute information gathering, needs assessment, and analytical skills toward effectively and diplomatically responding to issues for timely resolution.
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate orders to ensure on-time completion while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Train, mentor, and motivate 5+ employees, with a strong focus on optimizing productivity, efficiency, and performance.
- Successfully completed over 30 home construction projects of all phases, including framing, siding, roofing, painting, landscaping, and window replacement.
- Achieved home construction goals of customer satisfaction for the quality of service and product line diversity.
- Increased bakery sales by creating daily rotating window displays to attract customers and influence purchases.
- Managed high-volume workload within a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Handled customer calls, respond to inquiries, and resolved ordering conflicts.
- Properly constructed all types of residential buildings in accordance with general building codes, ADA requirements, and industry standards.
- Accurately estimated materials quantities to control costs while maximizing profit margins.
- Prepared and decorated cakes for the display area and decorated cakes for customer orders, including wedding cakes.
- Performed simple clean-up by washing all tips and utensils and sanitizing the work area.
- Prepared orders for the next day by setting up anticipated needs.
- Collected old merchandise off shelves and put them on a reduced rack to reduce waste and cost.
- Managed to complete prestigious projects on time while meeting program objectives.
- Oversee daily bakery functions from bakery maintenance to creating and building layer cakes.
- Delegated responsibilities to 5-10 employees on a daily basis and ensured all expectations and goals were met.
- Created buttercream, whipped. Shelf-stable, vegan, and other assorted icings.
- The coordinated and supervised activity of subcontractors as well as directly managed daily construction activities.
- Raised productivity by 15% through team development, implementation of organizational process, and resource allocation.
- Was a cashier for about 1 of my 2 years here and then became a cake decorator when they were left in a lurch due to their cake decorator being out on medical leave.
- Learned how to mass-produce cakes, cupcakes, and assorted bakery items.
- Learned more efficient ways of getting as much done as possible in an 8-hour shift.
- Trained new employees in all they needed to know until they were comfortable being on their own.
- Improved safety record by 25% by establishing a safety program and training employees according to OSHA guidelines.
- Provide superior customer service and resolve various problems.
- Diligently ensure cleanliness and organization of work areas and maintain inventory stocks.
- Initially recruited for the position of Bakery Clerk and rapidly achieved promotion, first to Decorator Apprentice and finally to this role.
- Achieved the highest sales figures in the company’s history despite a competitive national economy through personal commitment, leadership, teamwork, and effective project management.
- Met all delivery and installation obligations with quality, speed, and budget.
- Decorate and prepare products for display cases, (i.e., cakes, pies, cupcakes, decorated cookies, Ã©clairs).
- Complete orders to the specifications of the customer and by the standards of the department.
- Applied personal creative touches when special order/instruction to do so by customer or management.
- Implemented process improvements reducing cycle time by 20% on all projects.
- Coordinated and trained trade partners across multiple sites, ensuring the versatility of crews across the organizational hierarchy.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.