The Triage Nurse is part of a team responsible for identifying the needs of patients and families who need assistance. Their duties include providing clinical assessments, communicating with doctors, providing bereavement support, documenting interactions with patients and families, processing prescription refills, attending scheduled staff meetings, and providing healthcare recommendations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Triage Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Triage Nurse resumes for your reference.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Triage nurse for the Emergency Department during active periods of hospital operation by efficiently managing patient care to optimize efficiency and effectiveness of waiting time.
- Coordinated assigned patients with medical staff during the assignment process; documented daily progress of patient care.
- Realigned the flow of assigned patients according to guidelines based on nursing scope and standards.
- Recognized by Regional Risk Manager for outstanding achievement in minimizing exposure to future litigation through adhering to regional risk management guidelines, within hospital guidelines, regarding patient care, safety procedures, therapeutic procedures, medications, medications administration.
- Realized that human lives are sacred after saving two lives using CPR protocols.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the triage and treatment of approximately 5,000 individuals including infants, children, and adults.
- Followed procedures according to established guidelines for managing emergencies.
- Maintained careful medical records of patient information, permitting easy transfer between healthcare professionals.
- Confined code status patients to appropriate hospital rooms. Confidentiality was guaranteed by signing required documents.
- Confirmed accurate patient details before release from the triage area, thus ensuring a high probability of a positive outcome to return to home or medical facility.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for rendering emergency medical aid to a motor vehicle accident victim requiring advanced life support, treating twenty-one patients within an eight-hour shift, and delivering forty-two babies.
- Commended for increasing ease of patient care by increasing staff morale and participation in improving departmental efficiency.
- Achieved award for being the most courteous, helpful customer service representative in a healthcare facility recognized by a local newspaper.
- Earned award as an outstanding employee of the year based on customer feedback, reducing errors by 100 percent from previous years’ reports.
- Awarded a superior quality award by a board of directors recognizing exceptional performance in a position related to patient care.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Received an Outstanding Performance Award for excellent customer service and a positive attitude.
- Conducted and directed routine medical needs assessments, handling, ordering, and administering medications; worked to improve patient’s medication compliance.
- Identified and analyzed trends in order to enhance departmental procedures.
- Developed a new program to ensure the safety of the hospital by reducing the number of times that sharps were reused; completed this in one year reducing spillage from 3-5 times to 1-2 times per month.
- Performed public education regarding safety measures in pharmacies, noting steps for improving life in hospital inpatient wards and outpatient services.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Identified, treated, and resolved the symptoms of mental illness.
- Received international certifications in CPR and advanced life support.
- Achieved advanced certification in advanced life support with working knowledge of human anatomy.
- Effectively performed patient assessments.
- Recognized as a Top Trauma Nurse by colleagues for excellent skill set, compassionate care, wellness practices, and quality of work product.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Trained over 1,000 healthcare professionals in emergency care, patient assessment, pharmacological interventions, and bedside manner.
- Received commendation for personally saving the life of a five-year-old boy suffering from severe asthma attacks following respiratory failure.
- Achieved award for assisting the chief of staff to meet national “Meeting Essential Quality Measures” through continuous quality improvement.
- Recognized as “Team Member of the Month” during crisis response to 9/11 for exceptional initiative and performance, especially in providing assistance to an Ottawa Hospital physician who was down with severe pneumonia.
- Earned award for exceeding national “Meeting Essential Quality Measures” related to patient satisfaction, delivery of care, and safety.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Established triage protocols for handling multiple patients in the Emergency Room.
- Trained and educated 20 new associates on Triage Nurse tasks.
- Proposed staffing alternatives for dealing with future high-stress situations.
- Documented hospital-wide incidents, resolutions, and suggested changes to be implemented into procedures.
- Assessed patient needs and expertise to develop triage protocols that were implemented in the various departments of the hospital; trained over 30 new associates on triage protocol function.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Nursing efficiently and effectively; provides well-educated, compassionate care to patients.
- Recognized by peers for administering life-saving care; performs CPR, First Aid, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Trained multiple students in patient triage procedures; lectures on triage processes developed by the American Red Cross.
- Invested numerous hours in continuing education; enrolled in Healthcare Triage Specialist certification course.
- Maintained self-efficiency for the well-being of patients; attends bi-weekly fitness classes for personal training.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Performed triage duties to include assessing, treating, and releasing patients to prevent long waits and overcrowding in the waiting room.
- Identified Urgent Care needs; assessed patients’ conditions and assigned priority levels for timely treatment.
- Initiated assessment and treatment of over 75 patients per shift; satisfactorily treated conditions such as fever, strep throat infections, wounds, and ear infections.
- Interacted with community health clinics to ensure good relations; maintained good dental health by providing oral hygiene education and referrals to specialists and dentists.
- Obtained extensive medication knowledge; conducted patient education programs to inform, urge, and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Identified and resolved emergent patient care issues; provided surrogate decision-making for patients unable to make their own.
- Managed triage staff; investigated new medications; provided education to patients on new medications; processed prescription transfers for pharmacists.
- Performed annual physicals, vaccinations, and screenings of hospital staff. Provided training for emergency procedures.
- Explored new opportunities to expand the practice by teaching classes on proper nutrition and fitness habits.
- Trained assigned triage nurses in triage emergency protocols, emergency medical treatment protocols, and emergency drug administration protocols.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Studied, diagnosed, and treated patients in a variety of settings ranging from every day to critical.
- Produced 30% higher efficiency than other nurses while administering medications, attending to patients’ needs, and answering calls at the hospital.
- Recognized by distinguished professionals and peers as a leading advocate for patient care and optimal medication distribution during hospital restructuring.
- Prescribed specialized treatments to patients with acute illnesses or injuries; personally managed 1,375 patient cases.
- Obtained certification as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and served as an EMT for the local fire department.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Rescued life during a yearlong period by stabilizing injured persons.
- Recognized for exceptional nursing skills in critically ill patients due to great care and good results of patient care.
- Implemented new procedures for managing patient data ensuring patient safety, accurate information regarding hospital stays, and appropriate use of medications.
- Recruited nurses to increase staff morale.
- Helped create an atmosphere of trust between staff and patients resulting in shortened hospital stays, excellent quality of care, and increased productivity.
Triage Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Accurately diagnosed patient’s conditions using swift-moving vision, keen mind, and careful judgment.
- Maintained the highest level of performance through regular exercise, proper nutrition, and establishing a high-performing team.
- Achieved career goals through the appropriate use of time budgeting skills.
- Fulfilled professional commitments through thorough customer service skills, promptness in response to client needs, and meeting all financial obligations.
- Participated in leadership teams for quality improvement projects; learned to inspire others to improve organization processes and products.
To become a Triage Nurse, you must complete either a four-year Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) or a two-year Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN). Triage Nurses must have excellent communication skills, be knowledgeable about healthcare laws and guidelines, be a competent typist, have good phone etiquette, be flexible, be proficient in conflict resolution, and have advanced problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.