All companies and their respective locations thrive on well trained staff that always strive to improve, as customers will always benefit from employers that can handle themselves without issue in any potential situation. A training and development manager is there to ensure that this happens by orchestrating the proper training of new and existing employees.
How to Become a Successful Training Manager?
- Generally for this position you will want to have an education in business or a related field, namely by getting a bachelor’s in human resources or something similar to train you for working in the section of a company that deals with employees and their personal as well as professional needs.
- While you can begin with a position that deals with the training of new and existing employees, you will generally start with a role more in support than management, as you yourself will need training in leadership and other such skills to learn how to effectively manage many individuals at a time.
- Training is often more than just sitting in a classroom and learning new skills as one might expect, and hands on experience can be merged with guidance so that a person can get the most out of the practice. Developing these programs will be a core part of your success going forward.
While the expected skills like leadership, organization, and multitasking will help you a great deal; far more important will be the ability to create new training plans that you personalize to each worker, which is something that requires people skills as well as an excellent sense of creativity.
The Best Training Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Training Manager resumes for your reference.
- Manage training program for 5 Force Support Squadron, made up of 500+ active duty and civilian individuals.
- Re-aligned training program to be in compliance and exceed standards set forth in Air Force Instruction (AFI) 36-2201.
- Supervise training of airmen and reported trends in training program. Instructed trainings regularly and monitored computer based training programs.
- Lead monthly status of training meetings and quarterly trend meetings with unit commander and more than 20 officer-level leaders regarding progress, setbacks and goal setting.
- Created awards system for completion of online training courses including required courses and self-driven learning.
- Developed members of Training Team to get accepted to Opening Training Team which is responsible for training all employees during a new venue’s opening.
- Designed and constructed a Learning Lab for employees.
- Auditing of timekeeping and attendance processes to ensure payroll accuracy and coding is efficiency.
- Implemented strategies for ensuring client deliverables and expectations were met on a daily basis both in training and production.
- Worked closely with the Vice President of Operations to recommend, strategize, and develop curriculums and training material enhancements.
- Facilitated a fun and dynamic training environment to encourage positive engagement within the workplace setting.
- Developed and delivering a customer/patient service program for 125 employees that focuses on improving the customer experience.
- Developing and delivering occupational safety and food safety training programs for 300 employees that keeps the organization in compliance with city, county, and state requirements.
- Facilitated employee and management level focus groups that have identified unit development needs and employee engagement.
- Developing a campus leadership development program to improve leaders’ skills and reduce employee turnover.
- Training Business Acumen; recognized key learning points, content owners, application of instructional design, training effectiveness, and return on investment.
- Identified, designed, and delivered corporate training programs that has an immediate impact on employee effectiveness.
- Initiated conceptual ideas with practical applications, supporting the strategy of the development of personnel to encourage leadership and continuity with the company.
- Led a team of 5 trainers, covering 3 Casino/Resorts, with 1200+ associates.
- Developed an overall training strategy and annual training calendar.
- Developed and implemented a complete training program for FOH positions in 15 restaurants, including quick serve, fast casual and fine dining.
- Worked closely with Guest Services team to streamline the mystery shop program.
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using methods such as newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Generated new accounts by implementing effective advertising and content marketing strategies.
- Identified strategic partnerships and gathered market information to gain a competitive advantage.
- Delivered performance updates, quarterly business reviews and planning meetings.
- Negotiated rates to cut costs which benefited both the customers and the business.
- Supervise a global team, responsible for training material creation, new hire training, quality performance monitoring, and coaching.
- Introduce learning design standards, needs assessment strategy, and success measurement process for training team to ensure consistent instruction globally for products including Madden, FIFA, and Battlefield.
- Implement new learning techniques including; gamification, micro-learning, booster, blended, and podcast learnings resulting in increased knowledge retention by over 50% and higher performance metrics by over 10% in key areas.
- Develop a transformational quality monitoring program to increase service standards provided to players.
- Leadership Development Program Manager for non-union oil refinery of 1,200 employees and 2,500 full time contractors, generating more than $4 billion dollars in annual revenues.
- Established and maintained Flint Hills training and procedural standards and provides oversight of 20 room Learning and Performance Center.
- Trained and mentored supervisors and employees with a focus on front line and executive leadership development skills.
- Designed curriculum and methods for senior facility executives and consultative learning and development for multiple facilities across the business.
- Manage client relationships while maintaining records and documentation of client contact.
- Routinely attend client and internal management meetings to gain understanding of current and future training needs.
- Responsible for being the subject matter expert for internal and external mortgage document preparation systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.Also initiate hiring of new trainees.