A Professional Accountant works either privately or for an accounting firm to help clients with their financial and accounting needs. Their duties include filing taxes, creating profit and loss statements, analyzing data, gathering information, producing spreadsheets and charts, and explaining financials with clients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Professional Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Professional Accountant resumes for your reference.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Effectively presented federal and state tax statements to rehabilitate a corporation’s tax liability for an insurance company.
- Resolved an impasse regarding the treatment of R&D expenses for an engineering company.
- Negotiated with a Payroll Services contractor to resolve issues that included under-reporting of wages, improper Medicare withholdings, and incorrect unemployment taxes for a manufacturing company.
- Progressively resolved irregularities in Schedule M as well as prior year tax returns for a trucking company.
- Assisted in realizing audit trails across multiple sub-consolidated entities resulting in reduction of taxable income by over $3 million dollars for a bank holding company.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Maintained accurate accounting records and documented financial transactions for the company’s four largest clients; accurately calculated monthly payroll, monthly sales tax, monthly deposit insurances, monthly sales, and other recurring items.
- Supervised the completion of all of the company’s daily accounting entries in Excel.
- Accurately compiled and reported on all financial statements to internal management, senior management, and independent auditors.
- Accurately analyzed data so that proper action could be taken to secure sufficient funds from markets; maintained a close relationship with banks by assisting in writing loan bid sheets.
- Maintained a positive relationship with clients so that high quality financial reporting and services could be maintained.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Understood the complexity of tax preparation; assisted in the preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns.
- Assist in the preparation and modification of tax returns and IRS approved corporate filings.
- Understood the hierarchy of technical limitations imposed by federal statutes on income tax practitioners.
- Achieved proficiency with multiple computer aids and software programs; prepared complex reports, schedules, closing statements for clients on a timely basis during a period of 55 weeks. Received acknowledgement from senior management for superior customer service.
- Assisted in a total recovery of $8.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Researched, developed, and implemented proprietary improvements to decrease the cost of production on labor-intensive projects by 11%.
- Used an original program to eliminate the need for manual data entry and reduce the time required to post accounts receivable by 30%.
- Increased the efficiency of general ledger account reconciliations by 55%; decreased the time required for weekly account reconciliation from four hours to one hour.
- Developed a novel technique for adjusting accounts payable that saved $9,000 in monthly operating expenses.
- Identified $1.23 million in improper transactions, which resulted in a $100,000 savings to the company.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Co-founded an accounting firm focusing on small business start-up and growth.
- Maintained annual financial and tax statement preparation services to over 400 clients, including businesses, and families.
- Analyzed market conditions to provide advice on the viability of individual businesses that required renewal of bankruptcy or protected status.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with moderate project management responsibilities for several projects; initiated budgeting process for future capital expenditures.
- Showed successful competence in handling the responsibilities of a financial regulator with regard to multiple audits at a small municipal corporation in Southeastern United States.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated proficiency in fast-paced, complex work environment; completed audits for certified public accountants and financial institutions.
- Achieved award for exceeding testing standards and maintaining exceptional levels of productivity; member of national accounting team.
- Oversaw duties of three employees while maintaining a high standard of quality; received excellence award from regional manager.
- Earned praise as a conscientious employee who consistently exceeded expectations; was promoted to regional audit supervisor under the direction of the vice president and director of accounting.
- Certified in two areas of auditing by the Institute of Internal Auditors, received recognition as outstanding internal auditor by staff members, and earned employee wellness award.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Identified and corrected two serious accounting errors of $1,000 each within a 24-hour period.
- Developed and implemented specialized systems to analyze and consolidate the financial information of an organization.
- Appointed by an Audit Committee to direct the audits activities of two major companies. Responsible for 100% of critical accounts and monitoring financials.
- Supervised third party companies whose critical accounts were being audited by our company in preparation for audit committee meetings with client management. Worked 12-hour days without sleep until all audit work was complete; won the award on all three years of the cycle.
- Oversaw audit support activities of an organization with over 3,000 employees and $550 million in assets. Strong interpersonal skills developed through interaction with a diverse group of individuals.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Reviewed bank statements, tax returns, and financial statements of various companies. Professional accounting project involved analyzing and consolidating corporate information.
- Accounted for the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement of a diverse collection of small businesses. Completed numerous journal entries to prepare annualized financial statements in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Analyzed accounting systems and income-enhancing changes at major corporations by comparison to industry averages. Refined corporate accounting plans for improved profitability and growth potentials for long-term stability.
- Created new income-generating and profit-enhancing business models while working with the financial management department of a medium-sized industrial company.
- Managed 120 accounts receivable. Resolved exceptions within 30 days.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Perfected skills in complex financial analysis and reporting by preparing detailed cost analyses for IRS and property tax returns.
- Maintained three consecutive years as a top-producing staff accountant in the corporate accounting department.
- Accomplished full CPA designation after taking additional classes and passing the four-hour comprehensive exam.
- Rewrote employee policy manual to reduce turnover, theft, and lawsuits by revising position descriptions and employee evaluations.
- Preserved company assets through regular bank account reconciliations to detect unauthorized or fraudulent transactions.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Received outstanding performance award for tax year 2005; created a profit of $36,000 for the year.
- Recognized financial professional of the year by peers and supervisors in two separate departments.
- Testified as an expert witness in a felony trial before a jury; led to conviction of the guilty party.
- Obtained state certification as a Certified Public Accountant through The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
- Received outstanding performance award for tax year 2007; created a profit of $187,000 for the year.
Professional Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Prepared a financial report for an international accounting firm; analyzed and analyzed the data where necessary.
- Performed research on a variety of topics including immigration, foreign exchange rates, and management control.
- Created a custom developed system to speed up production while reducing errors and increasing accuracy in filing documents.
- Appointed as the Senior Accounting Officer; reviewed and approved all transaction resolutions with the CFO before being finalized.
- Filed over 100 asset management official documents accurately and on time for clients; organized financial work in accordance with IRS guidelines related to proper record keeping procedures.
To become a Professional Accountant, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or relative field. A professional accountant must demonstrate professionalism, trustability, organization, timeliness, good communication, computer skills, and be knowledgeable of state and federal tax laws.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.