Software Consultants provide software advice to companies and organizations. Their duties include designing software, developing programs that perform specific tasks, performing software maintenance, analyzing computer systems, troubleshooting issues, identifying business objectives and requirements, recommending software based on company’s goals, and collaborating with other computer specialists.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Software Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Consultant resumes for your reference.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in developing an internal, IOS based version of the company’s Point Of Sale software for use on iPads.
- Developed a new Point of Sale system for one of our retail locations.
- Lead developer on several projects including the design and development of company’s point-of-sale product line .
- Devised programming specifications for development team to implement Point of Sale System.
- Reduced app crashes by more than 30% by writing automated unit tests to verify functionality worked as expected.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Managed a team of six in the development and implementation of a new ERP system for a Fortune 100 Company.
- Designed and developed control modules that stored, retrieved, analyzed, and reported data from the new ERP system to senior management.
- Implemented an inter-departmental scheduling module that allowed managers across divisions to adjust schedules when meeting business demands arose.
- Delivered cost savings by implementing expanded reporting features on existing software modules which allowed company to reduce costs.
- Developed a quality assurance testing program allowing up to half of users’ time being spent on internal projects rather than debugging errors.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Provided on-site consultation for a variety of software application content and user interface issues.
- Evaluated company headquartered in Guangzhou, China, supplying U.S.-China technology exchange for potential acquisition by corporate partner in Wisconsin.
- Accepted contract with a start-up Internet software development firm to help prepare it for stock listing on NASDAQ after IPO launch.
- Recommend purchase of the Tamale Hut restaurant located next door based upon its location value near campus, extensive garage parking lot, and low rent being offered by landlord to increase traffic flow from nearby university students into bar area that was at maximum capacity occupancy.
- Designed winning business strategy that would place the Kahala Corporation in the catbird seat of the real estate development competition.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the design of software tools to help other developers increase their productivity.
- Provided exceptional customer service by helping customers get up and running quickly with new features.
- Created documentation for all aspects of the product both internal and external, including technical writing and presentations.
- Spearheaded testing efforts on several key components of major releases in order to improve overall quality and reduce issues before release. Successfully communicated test strategies and progress to stakeholders.
- Worked closely with product managers, engineers, interviewers, sales reps, marketing staff and others to contribute towards producing high quality products that meet customer needs.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Developed a suite of custom web applications used to manage several client databases.
- Implemented security and user access management to protect client data from unauthorized access.
- Designed a new application to increase efficiency in staffing business units by 30 percent, saving clients over $100,000 USD monthly.
- Provided web-based customer support for technical assistance with software licenses sold worldwide.
- Invented a dynamic process that allowed customers to track contracts through the system from initial order until delivery for greater accountability and higher sales rates.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Led a team of engineers in the design, development and implementation of software applications throughout business sectors.
- Designed and implemented databases across many platforms to ensure data integrity for over 200 organizations between 2006 and present date.
- Managed a division of 30 employees and held monthly conferences to review ongoing projects.
- Increased monthly revenue by $200K after designing online products/services that successfully integrated with existing systems based on customer feedback.
- Used financial reports to forecast future costs; created organizational charts detailing management hierarchies.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Successfully developed software to reduce 30 minutes of billing time per month to five minutes; recognized by company management.
- Coded interactive educational games for children using SDL multimedia library.
- Met with venture capitalist regarding business plan for start-up company in the mobile technology arena.
- Introduced innovative approach to designing user interface which was adopted as standard industry practice. Provided training, recommendations, and support to ensure adoption across all development teams.
- Increased revenue streams through initial project for Fortune 500 Company involving agile methodologies, distributed team collaboration tools, and web services integration techniques. Implemented thorough testing standards throughout design process that allowed large projects within four weeks instead of eight months.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Developed software in Java using Spring, Hibernate, Struts2, GWT.
- Advised the development of web applications in order to create user friendly interfaces with high quality performance.
- Facilitated the uptake of application by communicating positive business value propositions and helping develop external facing documentation.
- Approved for third-party certification of proficiency in PHP/MySQL, AJAX, CSS.
- Gained personal recognition from the CEO for superior workmanship which contributed significantly towards achieving organizational goals.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Converted a project from COBOL to Java that was approximately 300,000 lines of code.
- Produced a set of automated scripts for transaction testing to support application maintenance and configuration management.
- Created an object-oriented website framework using PHP and MySQL to streamline the development process.
- Authored eight training manuals distributed globally by software publishers covering C# programming, database security, and web technology.
- Wrote technical white papers on software design patterns for developers worldwide based on Microsoft’s PnP initiative. Influenced global transformation in software quality via XML/JSON data interchange formats.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Architected, designed and developed new vertical market solutions for Fortune 500 clients in less than three months.
- Track record of $20M in sales within 2 years; recognized by upper management for outstanding performance.
- Increased customer satisfaction index to 94% by personally resolving all technical support issues immediately, followed up with several customers to ensure resolution.
- Earned recognition as Expert Level Technical Support Engineer; contributed solution recommendations within 20% of overall project costs; supported over 100 client-based applications via LAN/WAN/VPN (voice & data) network connectivity.
- Highlighted expertise in full life cycle System Design, Development, Testing and Implementation for two platforms (workplace and web-based) using team approach with project manager.
Software Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated software development with external personnel, including customer liaison personnel.
- Identify and analyze business processes to develop recommendations for seamless integration of unified systems into the corporation’s existing information technology infrastructure.
- Led a team of designers, architects, and programmers in creating designs that automated procedures for data processing.
- Researched new technologies to update applications in accordance with evolving business requirements; created solutions that integrated new technologies into existing applications in less than 6 months.
- Scheduled multiple tasks simultaneously while managing time effectively to ensure completion of project on schedule; completed projects on schedule despite difficult requirements imposed by client organizations.
To work as one, a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field is preferred. Software Consultants must demonstrate strong computer, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and must also be detail-oriented, team players, and experienced in project management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.