A Small Business Manager ensures the smooth operation of a business with approximately 100 to 1500 employees. Their duties include supervising lower-level employees, determining strategic business and sales goals, regularly evaluating employees, identifying new growth opportunities, recruiting and training employees, as well as maintaining strong relationships between employees, suppliers, and clients. To work as a Small Business Manager, you should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management and have several years of experience in management. Small Business Managers should demonstrate the ability to multi-task and learn quickly, teamwork with various parties such as suppliers and customers, working knowledge of accounting and budgeting, knowledge of finance and business policies, and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Small Business Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Small Business Manager resumes for your reference.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 1
- Provided administrative, financial, and management support for a small business.
- Directed the operations of a home-based bakery.
- Collaborated with a team to review monthly operations including inventory, revenues, and expenditures.
- Identified potential branch locations requiring market research, demographic studies, and site inspections.
- Conducted phone interviews with prospective clients regarding services needed; developed contracts using a stylus pen on tablet PC.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 2
- Effectively managed day-to-day operations of a small business.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that increased total sales by 15% while lowering monthly overhead by 10%.
- Created an efficient system to track and manage customer purchasing patterns, allowing for rate increases without decrease in daily sales.
- Pioneered new technology for a global market by designing a proprietary software program able to produce customized reports for retail managers worldwide.
- Collaborated with research and development department on the successful rollout of three new products within six months of joining company.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 3
- Maintain a 99% accuracy with budget forecasting.
- Uphold compliance rules and regulations by developing procedures for retention of documents, inventory records, safety rules, and personnel actions.
- Achieved maximum operational capacity within branch stores with an increase in sales per square foot of 20%.
- Recruited, hired, trained and supervised over 50 employees during peak seasons.
- Increased market share to 36% through exceptional customer service experience; recognized by the President as an extraordinary high performer with an excellent work ethic.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 4
- Re-engineered strategies for small business development and implemented a comprehensive new marketing plan to increase sales.
- Improved productivity levels by 30%; recognized as a team lead over three associates.
- Designed the website, recruited the employees, assembled the furniture, and launched site – which earned an award from Forbes magazine.
- Launched successful financing strategy at Middle West Bank; received recognition from Vice President of Small Business Finance as well as Chairman of Board of Directors.
- Managed daily operations of regional branch office providing retail banking services to individual clients in a budgeted growth market with a national bank industry average return on assets ratio of 0.18%
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 5
- Manage a team of managers and employees with a variety of skills to ensure all jobs are completed on time and correctly.
- Devise operational strategies for millions of dollars in annual revenue by assessing market trends and consumer needs.
- Inducted as President’s Club Platinum member after earned almost half million dollars for the company. Presented with small business excellence award from Office Depot corporate office.
- Earned certification as a professional purchasing agent, offering an advantage over other candidates when seeking employment at various firms.
- Authored five white papers discussing best practices employed by several green businesses; presented findings at regional conferences and networking events held within major cities throughout west coast.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 6
- Helped establish one of the first non-franchise bagel shops in the United States.
- Increased sales 25% over previous year; received company’s award for fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Decreased costs while increasing gross profits 50%; honored for outside-the-box thinking.
- Managed team to record breaking completion of Food Bank donation drive to maximize community outreach benefits, increase customer visibility, and garner corporate goodwill.
- Improved employee morale by 15% after implementing safety program that decreased workman’s compensation premiums by 20%.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 7
- Developed new menu items for the restaurant; expanded business through innovative marketing strategies resulting in over 30% increase in sales.
- Spearheaded weekly customer satisfaction surveys to determine product quality, raise awareness of food preparation issues, and maintain high standards of quality throughout the restaurant.
- Used computer skills to leverage company’s information technology department with internal system updates.
- Identified opportunities for savings in corporate spending; increased revenue stream by reducing costs by 40%.
- Won “Employee of the Quarter” award for exemplary service during tedious merger process establishing rapport with large number of employees from various divisions within target organization.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 8
- In year 2, revenue increased by 26 percent, allowing company to achieve a 17 percent market share in region.
- Established new clientele by improving existing client relations and contacting potential customers.
- Centralized business operations to improve working conditions, teamwork, morale, and productivity.
- Preformed primary functions of human resources management including staffing requirements planning & recruitment; performance management & counseling; compensation & benefits administration; training & development.
- Formulated annual operating budget to maximize profitability.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed a small business of approximately 40 employees and $4.5 Million in annual revenue.
- Developed outstanding partnership with vendors by communicating effectively, maintaining integrity, and fostering open communication about brand image objectives.
- Orchestrated effective social media campaigns to increase market share by developing online presence through Facebook page establishment, Twitter integration, and targeted advertisements on Yelp! local services.
- Generated $500k in new revenues for business within six months; recognized by the Regional Manager as an exemplary performer among leaders under his management.
- Reduced operational costs while increasing effectiveness of advertising spend through extensive analysis of return-on-investment (ROI) metrics; achieved substantial savings.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 10
- Planned, directed, and coordinated all activities of the business.
- Hired new employees for small business.
- Gained extensive knowledge of product lines mined by company through global research on 20+ manufacturers in four countries.
- Launched several successful marketing campaigns to strengthen brand identity while increasing market share among major retailers nationwide.
- Achieved monthly gross profit equal to more than double monthly overhead expenses; exceeded organizational project guidelines with noteworthy results.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed small business with $250-500K in annual revenue.
- Increased sales by 35% each year using the following marketing strategies; Mailers, Social Media, Personal Networks, Local News Outlets, Radio Spots.
- Identified economic trends within the neighborhood to adjust spending patterns of customers and increase profits.
- Provided excellent customer service which resulted in increased clientele base by 25%.
- Implemented effective cost management strategy that minimized losses during recession at local retail store where I served as General Manager.
Small Business Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed sales, inventory and purchasing/receiving; prepared weekly cash flow reports; conducted monthly payroll; posted transactions to General ledger.
- Streamlined and improved the efficiency of the office by 20%.
- Identified and developed new customers through networking with small business owners in my community.
- Increased productivity by coordinating with subcontractors for electrical services, carpentry work, masonry work, painting and general maintenance problems as they arose.
- Implemented company-wide quality improvement program resulting in a 25% increase in customer satisfaction surveys over a four month period.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Small Business Manager Resume Samples
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 1
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 2
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 3
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 4
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 5
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 6
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 7
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 8
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 9
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 10
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 11
- Small Business Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up