Business Intelligence Architects research, suggest and implement business intelligence skills and technologies. Their duties include developing business intelligence applications to meet business objectives, designing business intelligence tools, defining goals for the business and technical practice, providing customer service on time, maintaining a data warehouse platform for business intelligence reporting, and recommending strategies for better and more secure business intelligence tools.
To work as a Business Intelligence Architect, a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Statistics. Business Intelligence Architects should demonstrate proficiency in database technology such as SQL Server and Hadoop, knowledge of business intelligence technologies such as SSAS or Tableau, knowledge of ETL technologies such as Perl, proficiency with machine learning, and software development methods, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and outstanding communication.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Business Intelligence Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Intelligence Architect resumes for your reference.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 1
- Implemented a new BI system to replace an aging legacy environment. Provided resolution for production issues.
- Redesigned and reconfigured several data warehouses. Acted as subject matter expert for ETL development team.
- Led the effort in resolving critical issues related to extract, transform, and load functions of a multi-terabyte data warehouse which enabled the company to meet its compliance requirements.
- Managed data quality processes that ensured all necessary meta data loaded into cubes was accurate and met business requirements. Provided analysis on historical trends from prior years’ information that helped upper management make better informed business decisions regarding future investments involving changes in capital expenditure and forecasted sales figures across multiple regions.
- Helped company become the first in the industry to successfully deploy a BI platform that was built from ground up to support high-speed data load and unload functions for high volumes of transactions.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 2
- Proposed and implemented BI strategies for cross-functional teams to create a common data model across all business units.
- Designed and developed visualizations, POCs, dashboards, reports that enabled executive stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Balanced the requirements of a wide range of users ranging from end users to developers to ensure successful data delivery while maintaining high performance levels.
- Spearheaded the creation of a self-service ETL tool that allowed analysts to easily extract and refresh data according to their needs.
- Pioneered the development of a predictive analysis dashboard utilising SAS Visual Analytics & R/Hadoop technologies which improved ROI by over 4% in 12 weeks.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated expertise in data modeling, logical data design, physical data design, metadata management, and ETL tools.
- Provided leadership in designing highly-available infrastructure for mission critical systems; built process, procedures, and documentation utilizing Oracle Solaris Cluster.
- Led software development of OLAP reporting system; implemented best practices in programming languages (PL/SQL) that execute against an enterprise grade OBIEE server.
- Played key roles in the implementation of BI Dashboards at two companies leading to high levels of user satisfaction with integrated information delivery. Developed “roadmaps” for BI products across multiple clients in support of company initiatives to become a world class BI Platform.
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for data driven support; analyzed problems, identified root causes, and devised solutions to prevent re-occurrence of issues. Used OLAP tools to provide metrics on testing phase performance results for existing products.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 4
- Designed and established new data warehouse for Fortune 100 company.
- Architected, designed, and developed analytics solutions that enable complex reporting across multiple lines of business while reducing latency by 99% for decision-making activities.
- Collaborated with Chief Data Officers to modernize the corporate data architecture.
- Enabled self-service reporting tools while ensuring proper access controls were in place on more than 300 operational reports.
- Identified key areas for improvement in performance management processes; successfully improved business operations resulting in an overall cost reduction of $50 million annually after only 6 months on the job.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 5
- Designed the Business Intelligence Platform for a large corporation to provide centralized access to data, metadata, stored procedures, and reports supporting 8 applications.
- Developed an in-house ETL toolkit which adhered to metadata guidelines. This toolkit was used by all major BI projects across the business. The tools were also sold commercially during my tenure at this company.
- Provided architectural guidance on several BI initiatives that were successfully implemented.
- Directly responsible for successful delivery of 4 targeted BI projects utilizing Microsoft SSAS cubes and BISM tabular models – each project received an “A” grade from management .
- Guided client’s selection of appropriate BI technology and improved data visibility and decision-making by an average of 30%.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 6
- Developed plan to enhance and improve the efficiency, productivity, and overall profitability of large scale projects.
- Created a documentation management system that reduced time spent tracking down documentation from ~12 hours/week to 2 hours/month.
- Designed and configured Business Intelligence dashboards that reduced number of reports run by users from 20 per day to 1 per week; reduced report processing time from 15 minutes to 5 seconds; increased user performance ratings from 4 stars to 5 stars on Qliqsoft’s internal user review system (99% positive).
- Streamlined business intelligence development process & empowered teams through custom framework with minimal effort, cost, and complexity for maximum business value. “You rock at BI.”
- Increased visibility and insight into business performance by creating a nimble, scalable & extensible data warehouse for seven different arms of the company.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 7
- Provide analysis, insight, and guidance across the organization.
- Developed architecture standards to guide ongoing development of enterprise data warehouses for improved business decision making.
- Manage all phases of BI solutions delivery while optimizing agile practices.
- Communicate impact on business performance through graphics and visualizations while providing ongoing feedback on emerging technologies.
- Maximize return-on-investment by facilitating technology buy off decisions, vendor negotiations, co-sourced relationships for large scale deployments with multiple providers.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 8
- Identified and solved numerous problems with Business Intelligence solution to management by working closely with various business units.
- Implemented BI Solutions that enabled businesses to increase sales, improve customer service, reduce risk, lower IT expenditures.
- Spearheaded BI initiatives which have helped grow the company’s annual revenue from $500 million to over $1 billion in 4 years.
- Provided leadership for the design of BI capabilities for a global Fortune 100 client. Ensured appropriate data quality standards are maintained throughout the system lifecycle for several divisions including automotive retailing, insurance brokerage services, hotel operations, truck rental companies, loan servicing organizations.
- Pioneered new analytics solution that helps client identify and manage more than $1 billion dollars worth of investment opportunities.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 9
- Improved client satisfaction by streamlining complex operations and establishing best practices.
- Achieved 2012 company recognition award for outstanding performance in transforming a team from a more static, manual process to an automated, dynamic state within six months.
- Provided the foundation for enterprise-wide data feeds while configuring applications for version control and release management.
- Spearheaded integration of all analytics platform components into one cohesive system; streamlined systems administration tasks across multiple platforms.
- Pioneered key initiatives that lead to improved operational metrics, increased customer satisfaction ratings, and a doubling of annual revenues from $4000/month to $8000/month in less than 4 years.
Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 10
- Received award for Outstanding Service to the organization, based on regular feedback from employees who said I went above and beyond in providing support.
- Collaborated with team of Business Intelligence Architects developing data warehouse environment focusing on supporting corporate business requirements.
- Introduced new approach to Corporate Performance Management by identifying key performance indicators, building dashboards using SharePoint technology.
- Identified Salesforce automation process optimization opportunity resulting in increased Salesforce user adoption rate by 34%.
- Utilized Core Competency Group procedures to plan work across nine organizations resulting in delivering one-week ahead of schedule six out of seven times.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Business Intelligence Architect Resume Samples
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 1
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 2
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 3
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 4
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 5
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 6
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 7
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 8
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 9
- Business Intelligence Architect Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up