A Breakfast Cook prepares and serves breakfast meals for hotels. Their duties include prepping food, managing the buffet, ordering ingredients, collaborating with kitchen staff, cooking food, and setting up the tables.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Breakfast Cook Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Breakfast Cook resumes for your reference.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 1
- Performed superbly on every shift providing quality food, service, and smiles to customers.
- Maintained a high standard of food preparation which resulted in superior quality/quantity of food.
- Worked controlled kitchen taking initiative to improve the organization of station since the first day on the job.
- Following the implementation of new menu changes I enhanced kitchen organization by re-arranging station awareness cards to correlate with their location.
- Performed in a professional and enthusiastic manner while keeping up with all necessary daily tasks, following all company policies, procedures, and guidelines as outlined by management.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 2
- Set up, maintained, and cleaned all facilities on shift; maintained premium and standard of quality offered to patrons.
- Performed all cleaning duties in a timely fashion; met standard of quality and safety standards.
- Improved the beat for the public in a timely manner; increased sales by 10%.
- Achieved award for superior job performance on a past project at another restaurant.
- Received letter from the general manager stating he would recommend her for promotion and progression opportunities when the opportunity arose.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 3
- Excelled in performance by reaching the top level of the kitchen staff in five months. Outpaced other kitchen workers by cooking, preparing, and serving food as directed. In addition, performed all duties as a line cook, including preparation of soup and sandwich deli items.
- Demonstrated creativity in new menu creation by offering modified breakfast selections to appeal to younger diners.
- Provided exceptional customer service by greeting guests with a smile and making eye contact while maintaining the quality and quantity of eggs, sausage patties, pancakes and French toast that were served each day.
- Achieved the goal of operating an efficient work area by monitoring food costs and maintaining the quality, cleanliness, and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Exceeded production expectations by working additional shifts to meet peak demand.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 4
- Passed HACCP requirements within a tight time frame; prepared millions of dollars’ worth of meat and vegetable-based items for the breakfast menu.
- Handled large amounts of food orders and food side dishes with ease; gained wide recognition from the managers for being meticulous with food preparation and accuracy.
- Processed an inordinate amount of products that included sauce, seasoning, spices, soups, sauces, and other assorted ingredients; preserved quality standards by ensuring correct filling rates.
- Developed menu items to include items such as Breakfast Burritos, Eggs & Waffles, Hash Browns/Bacon/Sausage/Eggs, and other omelets variations.
- Achieved outstanding material and product quality by maintaining regulatory standards, fines, and corrective actions.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 5
- Provided patrons with fast, courteous service; knowledge of menu offerings enhanced guest satisfaction.
- Provided breakfast and lunch services, including custom omelets, made on-site, and fresh baked goods.
- Recipient of the “Certificate of Appreciation” for outstanding service by General Manager; 77% customer rating on customer surveys.
- On a daily basis served an average of 100 patrons per day, ranging from blue-collar workers to executives; no complaints were received by management.
- Met sales quota for each time period; numerous accomplishments have been credited to employee reliability.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 6
- Recruited to prepare breakfast meals during a critical time when the kitchen staff was short staffed.
- Instructed by the Executive Chef on how to prepare soft serve ice cream.
- Awarded Employee of The Month for exceptional performance; recognized by Hospitality Director for exceeding all menu sales goals and maintaining an exceptional standard of quality and service.
- Increased breakfast sales; successfully prepared omelets, pancakes, eggs Benedict dishes, and waffles in timely fashion while maintaining food quality and meet budget standards.
- Recognized by management following an internal audit; points were awarded for meeting all health department guidelines and statutory regulations.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 7
- Knowledgeable of a wide variety of breakfast foods and recipes.
- Wok preparation (pancakes, waffles, French toast, and stir-fried rice).
- Excellent knowledge of cooking methods.
- Networking with co-workers, making daily upgrades to food presentation.
- Knowledgeability in non-traditional entrées such as salad, wraps, fruit tray, and yogurt.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 8
- Handled breakfast orders efficiently during peak meal hours on a daily basis.
- Maneuvered through kitchen equipment to prepare eggs, pancakes, waffles, and sausage links precisely.
- Returned clean dishes to the dishwasher according to the stations’ layout.
- Employed proper sanitation practices by washing hands before beginning each task and sanitizing cutting boards after each use.
- Followed company policies regarding food safety; utilized gloves and hairnets as required by OSHA regulations.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 9
- Achieved award for exemplary service as a server; consistently served meals to guests in a timely manner and obtained positive comments from patrons regarding meal quality.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; provided beverages and desserts to guests while they enjoyed the view.
- Achieved recognition as the “Super Server”; earned appreciation from the Hotel Manager for effective communication with other associates, as well as timely completion of tasks.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding housekeeping skills; maintain a clean and efficient kitchen area.
- Achieved award for food cost savings; managed inventory levels to allow for the purchase of needed materials in a timely manner.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in planning and preparation for special customer events such as Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Wedding Receptions.
- Trained new, part-time employees to perform food preparation tasks, including cooking time and temperature accuracy.
- Provided nutritional education regarding menu items to customers.
- Recognized by the Manager for excellence in service delivery; offered to assist in any area of the Restaurant upon request.
- Aided other food services staff in storing fruits or vegetables using correct procedures to avoid contamination, loss, or waste when interacting with the public on-premises.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 11
- Prepared and served meals in the breakfast cafeteria; promoted peace and tranquility within the hospital setting by preparing and serving nutritious meals, with a smile.
- Acknowledged as instrumental in making hospital staff feel at ease when providing dining services before, during, and after surgeries. Refreshed employee morale by preparing and serving delicious special diet meals on request.
- Masterfully whipped up tasty omelets to order while maintaining a calm demeanor during extremely busy periods of operation.
- Managed a team of assistants who assisted in the preparation of meals for catered events held within the hospital; prepared over 350 meals per event.
- Designed, planned, and executed high-end gourmet brunches; prepared meals served to the CEO and Board of Directors.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 12
- Complemented the main meal’s flavor with all the condiments and garnishes requested, to assure customer satisfaction.
- Handed out food to guests in a timely manner, following established procedures.
- Handled cash register by correctly keeping tabs on expenses and handling day-to-day operations.
- Adhered to strict dress code that ensures cleanliness on the job; provided excellent guest service by greeting guests as they arrive, offering directions for dining, and answering questions about the evening.
- Demonstrated similar work ethics as other employees in their respective departments, including cooperation with housekeeping staff and management, who oversaw the restaurant at all times.
Breakfast Cook Resume Sample 13
- Recognized for outstanding job performance; received Employee of the Month award for May.
- Achieved top performance award; recognized by General Manager for excellent service, cleanliness, and hospitality in the restaurant.
- Received educational award; completed a food handling training program.
- Awarded outstanding service award; consistently received excellent customer reviews and feedback from guests, who requested a copy of my business card.
- Earned 5-Star Accomplishment Award from General Manager for completing all tasks with a superior level of quality and accuracy in a high-volume restaurant.
To become a Breakfast Cook, you need a high school diploma, in addition to a food handler’s permit. Some hotels require a degree in culinary arts. A Breakfast Cook must be able to cook, must have excellent time management skills, must enjoy working with people, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent organizational skills, and must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.