The network design engineer designs the internal network of a company, and maintains its day to day operations. Duties include performing disaster recovery operations when necessary, protecting data, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, replacing faulty components, monitoring performance, and coordinating network access and use, among other responsibilities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Designer resumes for your reference.
Network Designer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented a method to monitor faults and faults per customer that impacted overall system performance.
- Examined the causes of faults that impacted customer service and system performance.
- Developed client-side APIs to meet client’s needs; promoted to 3rd level support position; streamlined and improved support processes and procedures.
- Increased the use of and trained others in using automated testing tools through implementing, developing test plans, and writing automated tests that provide both unit testing for new code, as well as decrease the amount of manual testing required per release cycle.
- Improved company’s ability to roll out new services with fewer exceptions and defects per release cycle.
Network Designer Resume Sample 2
- Maintained financial stability of an international software company through business analyst skills.
- Anticipated staffing requirements by forecasting new client requests, establishing the need for new employees, and interviewing employees to fill new positions.
- Analyzed client requests for compliance with the company’s procedures, established procedures when needed.
- Maintained efficiencies in processes through reorganization of work flow.
- Conducted seminars on software industry trends to promote growth opportunities for the organization.
Network Designer Resume Sample 3
- Created effective automated testing tools to decrease the amount of manual testing.
- Processed customer calls and requests quickly and effectively, with extreme attention to detail.
- Was promoted to Unit Lead level of support, changing the work that he would be doing daily to maintain customer satisfaction through increasingly complex problems.
- Proposed new tools and processes that made his management more efficient at work, which he successfully convinced them to adopt.
- Was in charge of a group performing complexity analysis in order to determine what major issues could occur when a release was planned in advance in order to prevent major problems from happening in production.
Network Designer Resume Sample 4
- Orchestrated the building of the main high-speed data link among all buildings in a 1,000 acre campus.
- Enhanced team performance by coordinating with business unit to develop strategies for implementing new application software successfully.
- Supported complex network environment by performing comprehensive analysis on existing site networks and designing an architectural plan accordingly.
- Collaborated with technicians to resolve service outages within agreed upon time frame.
- Redesigned network architecture, increased user productivity, enhanced client services, decreasing downtime while improving fault tolerance capabilities of major client’s computer system.
Network Designer Resume Sample 5
- Migrated an installed network of over 100 computers to a secure Windows 7 OS platform in 4 weeks; earning the appreciation and respect of the CEO.
- Designed a wireless network from scratch for a new office building; the successful completion of the project earned me an award from the CEO.
- Troubleshot and updated an entire branch office’s operating system, workstation drivers, and printers within one week as requested by the regional manager.
- Revised company policies related to safety, privacy protocol, and maintenance requirements for computer systems; saving human lives at risk was my primary concern.
- Improved efficiency across multiple offices through decentralizing servers; reduced monthly costs by $300 per location without sacrificing quality services or performance.
Network Designer Resume Sample 6
- Monitored and managed the design, installation, and configuration of high-speed computer networks.
- Created a virtualization/storage strategy to improve server performance and productivity by consolidating physical servers for increased utilization.
- Pushed through an initiative to rollout VMware ESX across all production data centers resulting in significant cost savings while increasing availability.
- Improved network security by implementing two-factor authentication along with public key infrastructure (PKI) for managing digital certificates on a global scale.
- Spearheaded research project creating a proof of concept to provide a network environment allowing Windows XP clients to log into their domain controlled exclusively from Mac OS X 10.6+ clients using Microsoft’s Active Directory Services for Macintosh without the need of a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Network Designer Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed and updated current network software; updated documentation for potential system downtime.
- Installed new server hardware, configured servers for specific user needs, and performed maintenance tasks.
- Developed a prototype to configure and manage company servers with remote clients via first-time web interface deployment and administration scripts.
- Designed scalable structure of VoIP phone system to integrate HPE BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure switches across the campus network backbone.
- Improved quality of online gaming experience by developing code that increased data throughput without compromising server responsiveness or security against hackers.
Network Designer Resume Sample 8
- Authored new network design and architecture, successfully reduced the time for introducing new services by 3 months.
- Experienced in designing infrastructure for Cloud-based hosting services.
- Introduced advanced security measures which resolved critical service outage problems that had occurred on previous installations.
- Collaborated with team members to deploy a newly developed custom program into production within three weeks of its initial development.
- Optimized system performance through the analysis of server logs; managed reduction of average load times from over 60 seconds down to 10 seconds.
Network Designer Resume Sample 9
- Performed network planning, design, and implementation for multi-campus organizations.
- Provided technical support to customers experiencing problems with their operating systems.
- Managed time effectively by prioritizing multiple tasks, completing projects on schedule despite numerous disruptions.
- Created database schema to store information about health insurance plans; the schema was used by every branch office of the organization.
- Negotiated contracts that reduced expenses without compromising service or quality standards for the company. The agreements saved $600k over three years.
Network Designer Resume Sample 10
- Designed and installed local area networks, server paths, and email systems which provide a secure and dependable platform for users.
- Installed routers, switches, access points, wireless cameras, repeaters in various locations to create a well-connected network.
- Handled the daily administrative tasks associated with high-performance servers including application installation/configuration/operation/maintenance as well as performance monitoring.
- Detected vulnerabilities in security protocols to reduce the risk of DDoS attacks on web applications from botnets or other intruder sources; created an intrusion detection system utilizing Snort that has been proven 99% effective at mitigating these attacks when properly configured.
- Maintained a server infrastructure with 50+ users and 20+ devices which required 24/7 uptime reliability.
Network Designer Resume Sample 11
- Ran cabling for data, voice, and video networks for over 8 buildings.
- Designed security camera network to meet client specifications; received unanimous approval from committee after completion of review period.
- Deployed network equipment in the field with ease through extensive knowledge of fiber optics, coaxial cabling, Ethernet networking devices, serial devices, wireless technology, routers/hubs/switches/firewalls.
- Presented seminars on network design to management staff; gained recognition as subject-matter expert by attending client meetings and offering opinions.
- Mastered open source software including Linux (Ubuntu), Apache Tomcat Server, PostgreSQL Database System (Postgres), and Oracle JDeveloper.
A bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field will be required. A good understanding of network infrastructure, the ability to troubleshoot, the knowledge of network transfer protocols, attention to detail, the ability to collaborate, good analytical skills, experience in networking and security, and flexibility are essential.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Network Designer Resume Samples
- Network Designer Resume Sample 1
- Network Designer Resume Sample 2
- Network Designer Resume Sample 3
- Network Designer Resume Sample 4
- Network Designer Resume Sample 5
- Network Designer Resume Sample 6
- Network Designer Resume Sample 7
- Network Designer Resume Sample 8
- Network Designer Resume Sample 9
- Network Designer Resume Sample 10
- Network Designer Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up